Swargarohini “Way To Heaven”
Swargarohini Trek is a mountain group of four peaks in Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand. It is known as “Way to Heaven.”
Feast your eyes with the views of entire Chaukhamba Peaks and Kuber Parvat with other high snow-capped mountains.
According to the legends, Pandavas took this route while their ascent to heaven. Only Yudhishthira (one Pandava) and a dog were able to reach heaven. All the other Pandavas died on the way.
As per legends belief, Swargarohini is the only path from where one can reach heaven in human form.
Come Across Satopanth Lake
Satopanth, the sacred lake lies Chaukhamba massifs. It believed that Lord Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh took a bath in the waters of this Lake, so it is considered holy and pure.
Devotees believe that a holy dip in Satopanth Lake will wash away so every year thousands of people visit this place.
Pass-Through These Picturesque Places –
The starting point of this trek is Mana, and the trail further leads to famous Vasudhara followed by crossing a glacier named “Dhano.” Pass through Laxmi Van which is a thick forest, en route are caves where saints live permanently.
Ahead reach the serene Satopanth Lake and spend time in the divine vicinity. Further, lie Chandrakund and Suryakund with a different mythical story.
Key Points of Swargarohini Trek
- Level: Moderate to Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the most critical equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry right photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Swargarohini Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.30000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 14 Days
Best Time: May to Oct
Level: Moderate to Difficult
Temperature:(12°C to 5°C) (5°C to -2°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1 – Dehradun to Badrinath
Day 2 – Acclimatization Day
Day 3 – Badrinath to Laxmi Van
Day 4 – Laxmi Van to Chakratirth
Day 5 – Chakratirth to Satopanth Lake
Day 6 – Satopanth Lake to Chandrakund
Day 7 – Chandrakund to Suryakund
Day 8 – Acclimatization Day
Day 9 – Suryakund to Swargarohini Glacier
Day 10 – Swargarohini Glacier to Chandrakund
Day 11 – Chandrakund to Satopanth Lake
Day 12 – Satopanth Lake to Laxmi Van
Day 13 – Laxmi Van to Badrinath
Day 14 – Badrinath to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on a twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High-quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Useful Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On the first day, En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Badrinath
The vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun railway station, pick up time is 6:30 in the morning and the drive is towards Badrinath through Devprayag and Rudraprayag. It is a holy pilgrimage site and one of Char Dham’s.
Reach there in the evening and check in a hotel, arrangements will be made there.
This is your rest day, go on a short hike and explore the surroundings.
Badrinath to Laxmi Van
Post breakfast the drive is towards the last village Mana, trek starts from there. After a short trek you will get the sight of Vasudhara falls which lies opposite Alaknanda River’s bank. Ascent gradually till Somtoli meadows and cross landslide prone area, now shepherd huts are visible.
Go through boulder zone to reach the campsite, there are Bhojpatra trees in abundance. The surroundings are beautiful with sight of Alkapuri glacier which lies on the opposite side. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Laxmi Van to Chakrateerth
The trek is challenging today, head from Laxmi Van towards Chakrateerth. The ascent is sheer through scree and boulders to “Sahastradhara” which means “Thousand waterfalls”. After you climb up the valley this place offer views of Chaukhamba peaks, Balakun and Neelkanth.
Ahead cross a narrow stream and walk on the levelled ground. Now, start the steep climb, now a short trek will lead you to Chakrateerth campsite. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Chakrateerth to Satopanth Lake
Start the trek early today because you will be crossing some tricky sections on the trail. Ascent to the ridge’s high point and trek along the glacier to reach serene triangular “Satopanth Lake”. Get impressive views of Chaukhambha peaks and Nilkanth.
The surroundings are beautiful, explore and relax there for some time. Setup your tents there and retire for the night.
Satopanth Lake to Chandrakund
Wake up and witness the Chaukhamba peaks turning golden at the time of sunrise. After breakfast start the trek towards Chandrakund and see some rooms made of stones where saints live permanently.
The trail gets narrow and on one side is crevassed Satopanth glacier and on other side is the barren land. Walk very carefully while crossing this region because a single mistake can be very dangerous.
Reach Chandratal, it is a small Lake where the water level increases and decreases from time to time. It is believed that Lord Chandrama meditated here and at the day of Purnima (full moon night) this Lake remains full of water.
Chandrakund to Suryakund
Start the day early and head towards Suryakund, walk on the edge of mountain, go through the moraine area and boulder zone. Get the clear view of entire Chaukhamba peaks and Kuber Parvat.
Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Today go for short hikes, explore the area and rest for the day.
Suryakund to Swargarohini Glacier
From Suryakund to Swargarohini Glacier, it is a steep incline and on the way are crevasses. The trek through boulder and moraine area is a tough one but the excellent and close views of high peaks are totally rewarding.
Reach the Swargarohini Glacier, above lies Swargarohini peaks “Char Singh” “Way to Heaven”. From here 3 steps of stairs are, they are believed to be total 7 but all of them are not visible due to the clouds.
This glacier is less crevassed and is in better condition than the other glaciers. Setup your camps in a suitable place, have food and retire for the night.
Swargarohini Glacier to Chandrakund
Retrace your steps and get back to Chandrakund. Walk carefully because it is going to be a steep descent.
Chandrakund to Satopanth Lake
Follow the same route and get back to this mystical Lake.
Satopanth Lake to Laxmi Van
Get back to Laxi Van via Chakrateerth, descending takes less time but be careful while the descent because some sections are tricky.
Reach Laxmi Van, setup your camps, have sumptuous food after this tiring trek and retire for the night.
Laxmi Van to Badrinath
Descent towards Mana village and you can reach there in 3 hours. From Mana the drive is towards Badrinath, arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
Badrinath to Dehradun
Post breakfast leave for Dehradun, have your lunch en route and reach there in the evening.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Withdraw money before your journey, Joshimath and Badrinath are the last ATM points.
The connectivity is intermittent so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)