Pangarchulla peak A Demanding Traverse Amid Towering Himalayas
Pangarchulla peak is at an elevation of 14,700 feet and is a 7 days thrilling sojourn. On this trek you go through the pilgrimage sites of Uttarakhand. The trek starts and ends at Dhak village which is some kilometers away from the base camp “Joshimath”. Pangarchulla is great in summers and thrilling in winters, this is a delight for adventure enthusiasts.
The unbelievable views from Pangarchulla is the reason of its demand among avid trekkers. It is a part of Nada Devi Sanctuary so it offers excellent sight of Nanda Devi, Hathi Parbat, Ghori Parbat, Barmal, Chaukhamba peaks with many other snow- capped tall standing peaks.
You will witness changing sceneries on the trek, the highly rich Flora and Fauna ends after starting of the snowline. In the starting there are abundant Oaks, Pines, Rhododendrons, Silver birch trees and further are snowfields and high ridges.
Key Points of Pangarchulla Peak
- Level is Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Pangarchulla Peak Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.15000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 7 Days
Weather: Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season.
Altitude: (14700 feet)
Best Time:March, April, Oct, Nov and Dec
Level: Moderate to Difficult
Temperature:Day (14°C to 18°C) Night (-2°C to -5°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun/Haridwar to Joshimath (6724 feet) (256 km) (10/12 hours)
Day 2– Joshimath to Gulling Top (9600 feet) via Dhak village (Drive 12 km) (Trek 6 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 3– Gulling Top to Khulara (11,122 feet) (6 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 4– Khulara to Gailgarh (12,300 feet) (3 km) (3 hours)
Day 5– Gailgarh to Pangarchulla Peak (14700 feet) and back to Khulara (9 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 6– Khulara to Dhak (12 km) (6/7 hours) and Drive to Joshimath (12 km)
Day 7– Joshimath to Dehradun/Haridwar (256 km) (10/12 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun/Haridwar to Joshimath (6724 feet) (256 km) (10/12 hours)
You have to meet us at Dehradun or Haridwar’s Railway station at 6:30 in the morning. Drive is along the bank of River Ganga, after you reach Devprayag relish the sight of Bhagirathi River gushing into River Alaknanda.
The Mountain View looks amazing along the flowing river from Devprayag’s confluence. Have lunch en route and in the evening you can reach Joshimath. The arrangements will be made in a guest house or a hotel there.
Joshimath to Gulling Top (9600 feet) via Dhak village (Drive 12 km) (40 - 50 minutes) (Trek 6 km) (4/5 hours)
Post breakfast leave for Dhak village by a taxi and it is the starting point of this trek. The trail is a gradually ascending one, after crossing this part reach a village named “Karachi”. Surrounded by towering mountains with rich greenery all around, this place is picturesque.
You slowly gain altitude and enter another village “Tugasi” it is a quaint Himalayan village where people follow Garhwali culture. Now, start your final trek to Gulling through dense forest section, the campsite is ahead village of Gulling.
Reach the top and from this expanse of green land you can grab the exotic views of Garhwal Himalayas. Get awe struck by the panorama views of Hathi Parvat, Ghori Parvat and Dronagiri. Setup your camps and do not miss the exquisite evening views.
Gulling Top to Khulara (11,122 feet) (6 km) (5/6 hours)
Today you have to ascent all the way to Khulara, after breakfast get yourself prepared and start heading towards the campsite. Trek through the rough terrain and beautiful vistas will not leave your side throughout the hike.
Enter the forest area with abundant trees of Pines, Oaks and Rhododendrons. Further find blooming flowers and snow with growth of Spruce and Silver Birch.
After a long trek reach Khulara, your campsite for today, it is a mesmerizing forest clearing surrounded by variety of trees. After setting up your camps explore the area and then settle for the night.
Khulara to Gailgarh (12,300 feet) (3 km) (3 hours)
Trek from Khulara to Gailgarh is short and scenic. The trail snakes its way through dense forest and after half an hour hike witness the change in scenery, the undulating meadows surprisingly welcome you.
At the time of winters the meadows get totally covered in snow, if you are trekking in winters then do carry proper trekking equipment and enough warm clothing. After reaching Gailgarh setup the camps and you can go for a short hike for acclimatization.
Gailgarh to Pangarchulla Peak (14700 feet) and back to Khulara (9 km) (7/8 hours)
Start early in the morning around 4:00 am. Carry enough water with you because ahead are no water sources. Initial trek involves climbing a ridge which can take up to half an hour. After this ridge climb you will be rewarded by the view of Pangarchulla peak and other high rising peaks.
Ahead are levelled snow fields, now you will be needing ice axe to cut the thick snow and go further. Before you reach Pangarchulla’s base catch the delicious views of Hathi peak, Ghodi peak, Mana, Kamet and Chaukhamba peaks.
Reach the base and start steep ridge climb. Use your equipment for summit climb, this will be the most difficult part of the trek because of heavy winds. After this tough section come to the peaks top and face the Garhwal snow peaks shining in glory.
The unbelievable views from Pangarchulla is the reason of its demand among avid trekkers. Now, start the descent to Khulara, it would take approximately 3 hours, be very careful while descending through ridges.
Khulara to Dhak (12 km) (6/7 hours) and Drive to Joshimath (12 km)
Retrace your steps from Khulara to Dhak and again go through quaint villages. Bid goodbye to the snow peaks promising them a Hello again.
Reach Dhak the starting and end point of the trek. From here vehicle will be arranged to get back to Joshimath. The arrangements will be made in a guest house or a hotel there.
Joshimath to Dehradun/Haridwar (256 km) (10/12 hours)
You will take uncountable memories with you after traversing the summit. Today post breakfast leave for Dehradun/Haridwar.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile Connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Joshimath is the last point where you will find ATM.
Most of the networks will be available at Joshimath, ahead you cannot rely on the signal strength because of the intermittent connectivity. So finish all your important calls and work before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)