Maldaru is a high altitude holy Lake located near Osla village in Har Ki Dun valley. It is considered as “Abode of Gods” and is worshiped by the villagers.
Maldaru Lake Trek Fee:
Rs 18000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 9 Days
Highest Point: (4500 m)
Best Season: May, June, Sep and Oct
Summer Temperature: (5° C to 15° C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Medium Group
This Glacial Lake is considered sacred by the villagers
Maldaru Lake is 3 to 4 Km long glacial lake at an altitude of 4,500 meters located southeast of Har ki Dun valley in Uttarkashi district. It is considered sacred by the villagers and they worship its ecstatic waters. This Lake is accessible through both Supin and Tons valley and the lake water feeds Tons River.
About Maldaru Lake
On the rocky banks of this lake wild plants grow, it is considered sacred and people worship the waters of Maldaru Lake, the prayers are fulfilled here. In the history when the villagers of Oslafaced a draught and they prayed to this holy Lake, in return the village received rains.
- Trek through some quaint Himalayan villages, Vishkhopri and Rashi’s alpine meadows with various colourful wild flowers blooming and through dense pine forests.
- Brahma Kamal and Phen Kamal are found here in abundance.
- The trail is exhilarating because of the challenges but the ridges offer delicious views of tall standing peaks and lofty mountains.
- Swargarohini, Black Peak and Bandarpoonch can be clearly seen with other Himalayan peaks.
Key Points of Maldaru Lake Trek
- Level: Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Maldaru Lake Trek
Duration: 9 Days (Dehradun to Dehradun)
Best Season: May, June, Sep and Oct
Highest Point: 4500 meters
(Trekking distance) (Total) (67 km)
Weather: The nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season.
Summer temperature:(5°C to 15°C)
Day 1 –Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m)
Day 2 –Sankri to Taluka (Drive) (11 km) and trek to Dhamtir 9 km) (2500 m)
Day 3 – Dhamtir to Vishkhopri via Dharkot (7 km) (4/5 hours) (2800 m)
Day 4 –Vishkhopri to Rashi (6 km) (4/5 hours) (3255 m)
Day 5 –Rashi to Maldaru Lake (8 km) (4200 m)
Day 6 –Maldaru Lake to Odari (6 km) (3/4 hours)
Day 7 – Odari to Devsu Bugyal (12 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 8 – Devsu Bugyal to Taluka via Cheludgad and Taluka to Sankri (Drive)
Day 9 – Sankri to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day1 Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m
Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun railway station then leaves for Sankri (210 km), it takes 7-8 hours to reach there. The drive to Sankri is a picturesque one and you will come across plethora of sceneries on the way.
The scenic beauty of valley attract the visitor’s eye. You will see Yamuna River and Tons valley across the Yamuna Bridge, the crystal clear water gives a very refreshing feeling if you feel tired on the way. Drive is through some splendid places i.e. Mussoorie, Damta, Nowgao, Netwar and Purola. These are the villages where you can see people working in fields and you can have a glimpse of their lifestyle. When you go through the forests, peep out of your window and look at the combination of dark and light greenery, it looks picture perfect.
We cross an entry gate of Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Sankri lies there. When the Baraadsar mountain range and other snow-capped mountains are visible then you are about to reach Sankri, it will take 15-20 minutes more.
Sankri is a small village with less number of houses, there is a famous mini market of Sankri with few wooden huts serving traditional and delicious food. From here you can have a glance of some mountain ranges, it is surrounded by the mountains and the environment is pollution free, relish the beauty of Sankri. We own a hotel named “Swargarohini”, enjoy your dinner and relaxing stay there.
- Day 2 Sankri to Taluka (Drive) (11 km) and trek to Dhamtir (9 km) (2500 m)
Post breakfast enjoy the drive from Sankri to Taluka, this often remains closed during monsoon season because this region is prone to landslides. Go through some mountain bends and the road is well marked and leveled.
Reach Taluka it is a small village with some hotels and shops, the trek to Dhamtir village starts from here. The trail is surrounded by wildflowers especially wild irises and roses, trees present there are Deodar, Chestnut and Bamboos.
When you reach Dhamtir, experience the simplicity and slow pace of their living, Duryodhana is worshipped by the locals since the period of Mahabharata.
- Day 3 Dhamtir to Vishkhopri via Dharkot (7 km) (4/5 hours) (2800 m)
Today you will be trekking towards the last village of the trail, Dharkot and a wide meadow of Vishkhopri with abundance of Deodar.
On today’s trek go through some divine picturesque places and have a glance of heart-warming views leaving you awe struck. Reach the campsite Vishkhopri, it is base of the valley where Maldaru Lake is situated.
Pitch your tents at the massive meadow and feel lost amidst the beauty, have tasty and healthy food then retire for the night.
- Day 4 Vishkhopri to Rashi (6 km) (4/5 hours) (3255 m)
Trek through the Batagor meadows which blooms with colourful flowers of geraniums, marigold and purple gentians. This part of the trek is the most picturesque on because of its idyllic setting.
The trail is all green because of the foliage and trees, the snow-capped mountains are visible, cross an icy stream with a help of temporary wooden logs.
After a short hike you will reach your campsite Rashi from where Manju Kanta Pass and the route which you took will also be clearly visible from here.
Setup the tents at Rashi, relax for some time and sit outside praising the beauty of this place. After having food have comfortable stay in the tents.
- Day 5 Rashi to Maldaru Lake (8 km) (4200 m)
Today the trek is going to be the longest through boulder region and the path is steep so balance yourself properly on the trail. Ascend gradually over the loose rocks this trail will lead to Maldaru Lake.
The Lake is wide (3-4 km) and only one sight of this sacred lake is enough to leave you speechless. Brahma Kamal and Phen Kamal are found here in abundance, these species are rare to find and are only found at high altitude places.
Swargarohini, Black Peak and Bandarpoonch can be clearly seen with other Himalayan peaks. Set your camp near this pristine lake and enjoy the scenic views offered by this place, have salubrious food and retire for the night.
- Day 6 Maldaru Lake to Odari (6 km) (3/4 hours)
Bid Goodbye to this pristine Maldaru Lake and descending has many surprises stored for you. Today the trail will offer enthralling views of ridges and a unique mountain with 4 faces “Swargarohini”.
The campsite Odari is a rock cave, it is said that Bali (Hanuman’s brother) stayed here for one night. Trek is 6 km long and you can reach there in 3 to 4 hours.
Reach campsite at Odari and enjoy the majestic views of Bandarpoonch and Swargarohini peaks. This campsite is beautiful and the views are phenomenal. Aura of this place will surely revive your mind.
At night have dinner and spend your night in tents.
- Day 7 Odari to Devsu Bugyal (12 km) (5/6 hours)
With the shining morning views of Bandarpoonch and Swargarohini, leave this campsite Odari and head towards Devsu Bugyal. Start descending and the scenic views of snow covered mountains will accompany you.
Trek through the dense forest and from this section, descend is going to be steep so be very careful. Devsu Bugyal is a wide meadow which is your campsite for today.
Reach this Bugyal (meadow) and pitch your tents in serenity of this place. Relax here, after having food retire for the night in tents.
- Day 8 Devsu Bugyal to Taluka via Cheludgad and Taluka to Sankri (Drive) (11 km)
From Devsu Bugyal descend all the way to reach Seema/Cheludgad then start trekking down to Taluka from where the trek started. Follow the same trail through rich forests and spot birds and Langurs on the way.
Reach Taluka, vehicles will be arranged for you and then enjoy the 11 km drive to Sankri.
- Day 9 Sankri to Dehradun
Post breakfast leave for Dehradun and you can have lunch en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Purola all the networks are available and in Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but the connectivity isn’t good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund