Kanari Khal Trek
Exotic Beauty of Kanari Khal
Kanari Khal Trek lies in ‘Devbhoomi’ ‘Uttarakhand’. Standing high at an elevation of 4515 m, it is very close to the high Himalayan peaks. The naturally beautiful vicinity consist of; meny things like cascading waterfalls, gushing rivulets, dense forests, undulating meadows, number of wild flowers and small hamlets with amazing close mountain views.
Kanari Khal trek starts from Joshimath and ahead the trek is adventurous and thrilling. This would be a great trip for trekking enthusiasts and nature lovers.
A Great Alternative to Bagini Glacier Trek
This Trek is a mixture in right amount which consist; beauty, adventure, thrill and challenges. It is less risky than Bagini Glacier Trek, there the weather is unpredictable and the terrains are dangerous.
Highlights of the Trek
- Camping at Dronagiri and spotting Dunagiri looming in the background.
- Go through dense forests and blooming meadows with hundreds of blooming wildflowers.
- Get fascinating views of snow clad peaks – Hathi Parvat, Ghori Parvat and distant views of Bagini Nala and Rishi Peak.
- From Bagini Base camp witness majestic sight of Rishi peak, Satminal, Hardeol and other high Himalayan peaks totally covered in snow.
- Kanari Khal top offers spell binding sight of Dunagiri and other Himalayan peaks with Nandi Kund Pass.
Key Points of Kanari Khal Trek
- Level is Moderate to Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Kanari Khal Trek
Trek Fee: Rs 20000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 8 Days
Temperature: (2°C to 10°C)
Best Time:May, June, Sep and Oct
Trek distance: 23 Km.
Level: Moderate to Difficult.
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Joshimath (256 km) (10/12 hours)
Day 2– Drive from Joshimath to Jumma (45 km) and trek to Ruing village (2800 m) (3 km)
Day 3– Ruin village to Dronagiri village (3610 m) (8 km)
Day 4– Dronagiri village to Longatulli (3800 m) (6 km)
Day 5– Longatulli to Garpak (3340 m) via Kanari Khal (4515 m)
Day 6– Garpak to Jumma via Ruing (8 km)
Day 7– Jumma to Joshimath
Day 8– Joshimath to Dehradun (256 km) (10/12 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Joshimath (256 km) (10/12 hours)
Vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun Railway station and departure time is 6:30 in the morning. Drive is along the bank of River Ganga, after you reach Devprayag relish the sight of Bhagirathi River gushing into River Alaknanda.
The mountain views are amazing along the flowing river from Devprayag confluence. Have lunch en route and in the evening reach Joshimath. The arrangements will be made in a guest house or a hotel there.
Drive from Joshimath to Jumma (45 km) and trek to Ruing village (2800 m) (3 km)
Post breakfast the drive is towards Jumma, it is a village lying near Tibetan border and you can reach there in an hour. En route lies many villages and Dhauliganga River.
Being close to the Tibetan border the winds are fierce there. Start the trek to Ruing village, cross a bridge over Dhauliganga River and then the ascent begins. Pass through the steep forested sections and in 2 -3 hours Ruing can be reached.
The stay can be at Ruing village and also 2-3 km ahead at a grassland. Setup your camps, have food and retire for the night.
Ruin village to Dronagiri village (3610 m) (8 km)
The trail is through the forest with ups and downs. Further are landslide prone areas and the terrain changes to steep and dusty with some stream crossing the path.
A cemented road takes you to the village and offers great views of some High Himalayan peaks i.e. Ghori Parvat, Hathi Parvat and other snow clad mountains. The blooming flowers and greenery all around in summers will leave you speechless.
Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Dronagiri village to Longatulli (3800 m) (6 km)
Post breakfast leave Dronagiri village, start climbing a high ridge and get the first view of Rishi peak and distant view of Bagini Nala. After a 30 minutes hike reach concrete bridge over Bagini Nala.
Now, the area changes from all green to no vegetation and full of boulders. After an hour hike reach a green patch beside a stream and ahead lies Longatulli’s camping ground. Pitch your camps there and retire for the night.
Longatulli to Garpak (3340 m) via Kanari Khal (4515 m)
Head on the route towards Bagini glacier until you cross Bagini River over a bridge. Climb a steep ridge and ahead the trail becomes narrow and steep. The treeline recedes and saddle of Kanari Khal becomes visible from a distance.
Below gushing Bagini River can be seen. The walk is along Kanari Khal’s ridge and get a glimpse of Nandi Kund Pass. Reach the top in 3/4 hours and get gorgeous sight of Dunagiri shining with other lofty snow covered peaks. There are widespread colourful alpine flowers which makes Kanari Khal picturesque.
After spending some time there descent to Garpak village. The downhill trek is narrow, steep and slippery. Cross several scissor bends and reach the village.
Garpak to Jumma via Ruing (8 km)
Post breakfast, start the trek and notice picturesque vistas. Trek along the Bagini and Lampak streams until you reach Jumma.
Leave Garpak and move towards Ruing, ahead Lampak merges with Bagini stream. Cross it over a bridge and reach the connecting trail. After a long descent reach Jumma.
Jumma to Joshimath (3 km)
From Jumma move towards the road head, it lies 3 km away. Reach there in 2 to 3 hours. Vehicles will be arranged from there to reach Joshimath.
Joshimath to Dehradun (256 km) (10/12 hours)
Post breakfast and depart to Dehradun.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)