Gigantic Kanamo Peak is at the back of Kibber and Tashi Ganga village, lying at an altitude of 19553 feet. It can only be attempted by the people with high altitude trekking experience.
Kanamo Peak Fee:
Rs 20000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Manali to Manali)
Duration: 7 Days
Highest Point: (19553 feet)
Best Season: July, August
Temperature: Day time (16°C to 20°C) Night time (4°C to -4°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
A Formidable Pass in Spiti
At a height of 19553 feet, gigantic Kanamo Peak is at the back of Kibber and Tashi Ganga Village. Acclimatization is very important on this trek and it can be attempted by the people with one high altitude trek’s mountaineering experience.
Surpassing Panorama Views
From the top the panorama views of Great Himalayas encountered are surpassing and will leave you awestruck. From summit (19553 feet) you can see Pin Parvati Pass towards Kully valley, Kinnaur ranges, Parang La Pass towards Ladakh, Lahaul and Spiti.
Go through Villages
On the way come across some beautiful villages of Spiti. The villages ahead Kaza and Kibber have fields between mountain desert which are cultivated with wheat and green peas. In the month of August they are harvested. Go through boulder and moraine region which makes this trek tricky.
Key Points of Kanamo Peak
- Level: Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body is required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Kanamo Peak
Duration: 7 Days (Manali to Manali)
Best Season: July, August
Highest Point: 19553 feet
Temperature: Day time (16°C to 20°C) Night time (4°C to -4°C)
Day 1: Manali to Kibber (12,467 feet) (10 hours) (204 km)
Day 2: Acclimatization Day
Day 3: Kibber to Kanamo Base Camp (15,748 feet)
Day 4: Acclimatization Day
Day 5: Kanamo Base Camp (15748 feet) to Kanamo Peak and back (19,553 feet) (12 hours)
Day 6: Kanamo Base Camp to Kibber (14,108 feet)
Day 7: Drive from Kibber to Manali
✅ Transport facility from Manali to Manali
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Manali to Kibber (12,467 feet) (10 hours) (204 km)
Leave early to avoid traffic jams at Rohtang and Kunzum pass. The road is not in a very good condition, further divert towards the Kaza road.
Go through the picturesque Spiti valley from Batal, there are small villages in the mountains and see the barley and peas fields. The route is straight from here. At Kaza we will arrange your night stay in a home or a hotel.
- Day 2 Acclimatization Day
Acclimatization is very important at high altitude treks it prevents altitude motion sickness.
- Day 3 Kibber to Kanamo Base Camp (15,748 feet)
Today you have to continuously ascend towards Kanamo Base camp. You will gain altitude today, start with a steep ascent of 3 to 4 hours after that the trail gets leveled. After a level walk gradually ascend.
After you leave the village you are going to cross peas fields, en route you will come across two lakes and from one of them water is supplied to Kaza. Last part of today’s trek is very pretty there are varieties of flowers and Brahma Kamals everywhere.
Animal fossils can also be seen on the way and 1 km before Base camp you can spot the stored fossils. Reach the Kanamo Base Camp and after setting the tents you can retire for the night.
- Day 4 Acclimatization Day
Today is Acclimatization at the Base Camp, it is necessary for the body to adjust itself according to the environment conditions.
- Day 5 Kanamo Base Camp (15748 feet) to Kanamo Peak and back (19,553 feet) (12 hours)
Start the attempt early today around 3:00 am. Cross the first part of mountains and you can see mountain ranges, when you move further in the morning, the temperature gets cold and chilly so cover yourself properly and wear enough layers.
After 4 to 5 hours hike the last ascent is going to be very steep which is on screen. Walk carefully because it remains slippery take longer steps, last part of the hike is thrilling and might scare you. Reaching the summit will take around 4 hours.
But, when you reach the top the 360 degree views of Great Himalayas, that you will encounter are surpassing and will leave you awestruck. From summit (19553 feet) you can see Pin Parvati Pass towards Kully valley, Kinnaur ranges, Parang La Pass towards Ladakh, Lahaul and Spiti.
Twin peak of Kanamo is Shila which lies next to this peak, it remains covered in snow but at Kanamo you can only see small snow patches. Descend is going to be steep but you can have major valley views, by following the same path you can reach the base camp.
- Day 6 Kanamo Base Camp to Kibber (14,108 feet)
Form Kanamo Base Camp head towards Kibber, the trek is going to be beautiful today. Ahead lies Spiti valley with magnificent mountain views.
You can reach Kibber in the afternoon, have your lunch and we will arrange a home stay.
- Day 7 Drive from Kibber to Manali
Start your journey to Manali early in the morning to reach there on time. Go through the same route which you followed from Manali to Kibber.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM Point: –
Kaza is the last ATM point en route, withdraw money before starting of the journey.
Mobile connectivity: –
BSNL signals are available at Kaza there are no signals on the trek. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund