Everest Base Camp
Everest Base Camp trek is, trekking to the foot of World’s highest mountain “Mt. Everest” in Nepal; traversing it is a dream of many. EBC is at an altitude of 5364 meters which gives you the opportunity to have close summit views of Everest.
Everest Base Camp Fee:
Rs 50000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Duration: 15 Days
Highest Point: 5645 m
Best Season: April, May, starting of June, Sep and early Nov
Temperature: Day time: (15°C to 20°C) Night time: (-5°C to -10°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Medium Group
To Climb Mt. Everest First Complete Everest Base Camp (EBC)
Many people dream of scaling the world’s highest peak in Nepal Mt. Everest (8,848 meters) and many have got successful in climbing this daunting peak which has ignited a spark in other enthusiasts to stand at the highest peak of this globe. Traversing the summit needs proper training and experience so Everest Base Camp is definitely important, after successfully completing this trek you can go for Mt. Everest.
Ascend Towards Mt. Everest
EBC is at an altitude of 5364 meters which gives you the opportunity to have close summit views of Everest. It is all surrounded by lush greenery and snow laded mountains, the trail takes you through old fashioned and beautiful villages of Nepal, grasslands and steep rocky climbs. You will be on the same path which the legend Mountaineers used, the feeling would be immense of ascending towards Everest and witnessing it from close.
A Great Trek for Aesthetes
EBC is great for nature lovers, encounter lots of snowfall on the trek, the top has maximum snow. You can see Khumbu ice fall while your trek and explore the forests, valleys and waterfalls. The spirit of Adventure in you will rise to next level after experiencing the natural beauty of this place. Mountains, glaciated moraines and valleys welcome you on this base camp.
Explore the Culture of Nepal
During your trek when you trek through the quaint villages you can explore the totally different culture and traditional values of Nepali people. The people of Nepal who climb mountains are called “Sherpas”, it is said that climbing the mountains with ease is a god gift to them.
Highlights of this Trek
- Trekking to the foot of Mt. Everest
- At Kathmandu explore the culture of Nepal
- Trek through Kala Patthar and Nangkartshang peak
- Visit Sherpa village “Thami”and“Tengboche”
- Visit a school at Khumjung started by “Edmund Hillary”
Key Points of Everast Base Camp Trek
- Level is Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Everast Base Camp Trek
Duration – 15 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Best Season – April, May, starting of June, Sep and early Nov
Level – Difficult
Highest Point – 5645 m
Weather – The days are cold and temperature falls at Night.
Temperature – Day time: (15°C to 20°C) Night time: (-5°C to -10°C)
Day 1– Reach Kathmandu
Day 2– Kathmandu to Lulka and Phakding (2,652 m)
Day 3– Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440 m)
Day 4– Acclimatization Day
Day 5– Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3860 m)
Day 6– Tengboche to Dingboche via Pangboche village (4360 m)
Day 7– Acclimatization Day
Day 8– Dingboche to Dughla (4620 m)
Day 9– Dughla to Lobuche (4940 m)
Day 10– Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (5364 m) via Gorakshep (5170 m) and back
Day 11– Trek to Kala Patthar (5645 m) and descend towards Pheriche (4940 m)
Day 12– Pheriche to Namche Bazaar
Day 13– Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2800 m)
Day 14– Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 15– Departure from Kathmandu
✅ Transport facility from Kathmandu to Kathmandu
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Reach Kathmandu
Today arrive Kathmandu and get yourself prepared for the trek. Meet the team at the airport and you will be briefed about the trek. Check in a hotel then we will check if you have the proper trekking gear or something is missing. Prepare the essentials for the trek and stay comfortably in a hotel.
- Day 2 Flight from Kathmandu to Lulka and trek to Phakding (2,652 m)
Post breakfast, reach Tribhuvan Domestic Airport of Kathmandu and from there is a flight to Lukla. You can reach there in half an hour, the experience of flying will be one of the best ones because it passes through some valleys and some mountain ranges and quaint villages are visible.
Arrive Lukla and the team members will receive you and from here trek to Phakding which will be 3.5 hours long. Pass through some beautiful villages and lush green mountains. Reach Phakding and you will stay in a guesthouse there.
- Day 3 Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440 m)
Today the trek is to Namche Bazaar which lies at an altitude of 3440 meters. The beautiful huge green mountains surrounds this place and it is a pleasure to trek along Dudh Koshi till Namche.
Take a break at Monjo and from here the ascend starts through dense green forest. When you are about to reach Namche you’ll get a slight view of the huge Mt. Everestand Lhotse if the weather remains clear.
You can stay at a lodge today.
- Day 4 Acclimatization Day
You can rest today and also explore the surrounding area, just above this Bazaar is a Namche museum and from there Mt. Everest and Lhotse are visible clearly.
Go to Namche Bazaar or Namche Monastery.
- Day 5 Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3860 m)
The trek is towards a narrow valley at a height of 3,860 meters. This is one of the best place of this trek. Visit Tengboche Monastery, the largest one in the region of Khumbu.
From Namche Bazaar you can reach Tengboche in 5 hours because the trail is a mixture of moderate and difficult.
- Day 6 Tengboche to Dingboche via Pangboche village (4360 m)
Start trekking and head towards Pangboche, it is a village from where you can get the delicious views of Mt. Ama Dablam. Packed lunch will be provided which you can have at Pangboche.
Then trek to Phericheand further reach Imja Valley. Ahead is Lobuche River which you have to cross and from this point the trail is steep till Dingboche.
The time taken to reach Dingboche from Tengboche is 6 to 7 hours
- Day 7 Acclimatization Day
Today go for a short hike and get the views of world’s top mountains – Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu and Mt. Co Yu. More peaks and ranges will be visible. Come back and stay in a hotel.
- Day 8 Dingboche to Dughla (4620 m)
Today is the shortest trek because the distance is less than you covered in other days. The trail is levelled and has got some exotic views, towards right have sight of Mt. Pumori and a glacial Lake.
Before reaching the guest house cross Dhhudkoshi River and the Khumbu glacier’s wall is visible from here. Today stay at a Lodge or a guest house.
- Day 9 Dughla to Lobuche (4940 m)
Lobuche is beside the Khumbu Glacier, today’s starting of the trek is going to be difficult because the climb is to Dughla Pass. The trek is steep from Dughla, there are memorials of mountaineers who lost their lives in some expeditions.
Spend some time there at the top not missing anything visible and then head towards Lobuche. The trail is levelled and flat, reach your destination and stay in a lodge or a guest house.
- Day 10 Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (5364 m) via Gorakshep (5170 m) and back to Gorakshep
The journey is going to be moderate but the trek is totally through glacier route. On the way Mt. Everest will be visible but from the Base camp, full view cannot be seen but Khumbu ice wall is clearly visible.
Trekking on this route will make you feel like you are walking in paradise surrounded by glaciers with sight of gigantic mountains in front.
Tomorrow the clear views of Mt. Everestcan be seen from Kala Patthar. Descend towards Gorakshep from Base Camp and spend your night there.
- Day 11 Trek to Kala Patthar (5645 m) and descend towards Pheriche (4940 m)
Climb to Kala Patthar is the most strenuous part of this trek but in reward you get extraordinary views. From here Mt. Everest can be seen very clearly and from this point you the high peaks of Himalayan Ranges are visible.
From Gorakshep to Kala Patthar,< you can reach there in 3 hours once you reach there from there the trail gets descending and easy, but be careful while coming downwards.
Further you will reach Lobuche you can stay there if you want to go Pheriche then you can trek down.
- Day 12 Pheriche to Namche Bazaar
The trek is going to be moderate today including a short hike before Tengboche and after Phungi Thanga then you can reach Namche Bazaar.
- Day 13 Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2800 m)
Today return from Namche Bazaar to Lukla enjoy the last day of trekking in Khumbu. The trek gets difficult because of the challenges on trail. Trek to Lukla is an easy one but seems very long.
- Day 14 Lukla to Kathmandu
Today you have to return, so go to the Airport and take flight to Kathmandu. Do not miss the valley and high mountain views while you are flying.
Reach Kathmandu, you can go and explore the Nepali <culture and tradition because you will have free time today. Stay in a guest house or hotel.
- Day 15 Departure from Kathmandu
Vehicles will be arranged for you till Airport and then you can catch the flight.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Namchee Bazaar and Dole are the last points where you will find ATM, but withdraw cash before your journey.
Your device will receive signals till Dole after that there are no signals on the entire trek, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund