Trek to the Birthplace of Ganesha
Dodital is a sacred freshwater Lake lying at an altitude of 3024 m in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand and it is also known as “Dhundital”. It is believed that this is Ganesha’s birthplace and because of the presence of Ganesha’s temple you can feel the spirituality in the environment.
Bliss for Trekkers
Dodital trek is one of the famous treks in the Garhwal Himalayas. The best time to do it is in winters because the snow magically changes the alluring green meadows totally into white making the trek little difficult.
However, the views are worth the climb! Moreover, spend your nights in perfect campsites and explore the Asi Ganga valley, Bhagirathi valley and the Yamuna valley.
And, during your trek come across a variety of colorful flowers, dense forests and small rivulets snaking their way through rich verdant meadows.
The trail further leads to Darwa Top
From Dodital further climb up to Darwa top (4,150m) and get spell bind by the magnificent views of Swargarohini peaks, Bandarpoonch peak and snow ridges of Dhauladhar range with other forested ridges towards Hanuman Chatti.
Get the real charm of Dodital trek and Darwa Pass in winters to witness it at its best.
Key Points of Dodital trek
Level is Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
During the trek proper conditioning & training of body required
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
Shoes are the single most important equipment.
High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
Winter & Post monsoon or pre-monsoon is the best time. During rains the region is prone to landslides.
Only BSNL networks are there.
Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Dodital Trek
Dodital Trek Fee:
Rs 13500 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 7 Days
Highest Point: (4150 m)
Best Time: Throughout the year
Summer Temperature: Day (2°C to 5°C) Night (5°C to 15°C)
Winter Temperature: Day (-2°C to -5°C) Night (-5°C to -10°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Uttarkashi (1198 m) (145 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 2– Uttarkashi to Sangam chatti (2400 m) (13 km) trek to Bhebra via Agoda (8 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 3– Bhebra to Manji and Dodital (3024 m) (15 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 4– Dodital to Darwa Pass (4150 m) (5 km) (3/4 hours) and back
Day 5– Dodital to Bhebra (2450 m) (15 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 6– Bhebra to Sangam chatti (8 km) Drive to Uttarkashi (13 km)
Day 7– Uttarkashi to Mussoorie /Dehradun (148 km) (7 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Uttarkashi (1198 m) (145 km) (5/6 hours)
Depart to Uttarkashi via Chamba and Kandi Saur. Have breakfast en route and enjoy the drive along the sacred River Ganges.
Get views of beautiful valleys and mountains throughout your journey to the basecamp.
Reach Uttarkashi, have lunch and in the evening and visit Lord Kashi Vishwanath and Shakti temple in the city. Return and enjoy the overnight stay in a hotel.
- Day 2 Uttarkashi to Sangam chatti (2400 m) (13 km) trek to Bhebra via Agoda (8 km) (5/6 hours)
Post breakfast, 13 km drive from Uttarkashi will lead you to Sangam chatti. It is the starting point of Dodital trek, the trail is steep stone paved path. After a 5 minutes descent and a short climb lies a clear stream on the way.
As you go higher the clear snow covered mountains comes into sight. Now, a village is visible at a distance, continue walking and you will see a waterfall just in front of the welcome board of Agora village. It is a small hamlet with few houses.
Now, the trail turns narrow with railings because it is frequently used by the villagers. Get stunning mountain views from here and witness the river flowing below.
Descend and cross a river to reach Bhebra. Setup your camps at Bhebhra’s ground and enjoy delicious dinner and overnight stay in tents.
- Day 3 Bhebra to Manji and Dodital (3024 m) (15 km) (6/7 hours)
From Bhebra, spot a ridge because you are going to climb it. Traverse it in 15 minutes and now get ready to go from one mountain to another.
Pass through the forest of pines, under the shade of trees. Again a ridge comes into sight which lies opposite to Bakria Top. After a steep ascent you will come across a stream on the way surrounded by oak and pine trees.
Reach Manjhi, there are some shepherd huts in a row. Manjhi is a wide ground with a stream.
Dodital lies 5km away from Manjhi. The trail is levelled, wide and an easy one. Go through the oak forests and reach the birthplace of Ganesha. This freshwater lake is perched amidst snow-capped mountains and nearby are guest houses and temples beside this Lake.
At night have dinner and enjoy overnight stay in tents.
- Day 4 Dodital to Darwa Pass (4150 m) (5 km) (3/4 hours) and back
Today you can explore the Dodital valley and go to Darwa top. It’s your choice if you want to go Dawra top or stay in Dodital exploring temples and lake.
We will trek to Darwa Pass with packed lunch and filled water bottles. Darwa top at a distance of 5 km from Dodital and you can reach there in 3 hours.
Darwa Pass offers majestic sight of Bandarpoonch and Swargarohini peaks.
The trail to Darwa Pass is through meadows with snow patches and rhododendron trees lined up on the side.
Ahead, the trail turns steep and tiring. Once you reach the top, spend good time there witnessing panorama view of high Himalayan ranges. Have lunch there, retrace the trail and get back to serene Dodital.
Today, you will have enough time to explore the campsite and you can visit temples and relax there. Dinner and overnight stay will be in tents at Dodital campsite.
- Day 5 Dodital to Bhebra (2450 m) (15 km) (5/6 hours)
Have breakfast and trek downhill through the same path to reach Bhebra. The descent is easy.
Reach Bhebra and stay there in tents.
- Day 6 Bhebra to Sangam chatti (8 km) Drive to Uttarkashi (13 km)
Post breakfast, descend to Sangam Chatti via Agoda village, today’s trek is an easy one.
Reach there and rest for a short while. Now, the drive is to Uttarkashi and the arrangements will be made there in a hotel.
- Day 7 Uttarkashi to Mussoorie /Dehradun (148 km) (7 hours)
Post breakfast, depart to Dehradun.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
You can withdraw your money from Uttarkashi
You will receive network till Prini, there are no networks ahead so finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund