A Sacred Moon Lake In Himachal
Chandratal trek is a beautiful trek in Spiti valley of Himachal Pradesh at an elevation of 4,300 m. It is also called “Moon Lake” because of its crescent shape and is the origin of Chander River. In ancient times this trail was used as trade route; traders from Tibet and Ladakh came to Spiti and Kullu valley.
A Great Short Trek For Nature Lovers
It is unfair if there is no trek for the people who are unwilling to walk long distance but want to go at high altitude. And, to be fair there is Chandratal Trek in the list, it can be reached by vehicles and there are trekking routes too. In both the ways you can witness the scenic vistas of the Lahaul and Spiti valleys. So it turns out to be great for families and school children.
Key Points of Chandratal Trek
- Level: Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Chandratal Trek
Trek Fee: Rs 10000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Manali to Manali)
Duration: 4 Days
Temperature: (5°C to 18°C)
Best Time:June, July, August and September
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Drive from Manali to Batal (3907 m) (5/6 hours)
Day 2– Drive from Batal (3907 m) to Chandratal (4551 m) and night stay in Kunzum La Pass/Chika (3200 m)
Day 3– Kunzum La Pass to Kibber village (5/6 hours)
Day 4– Drive from Kibber village to Manali (7/8 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Manali to Manali
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Drive from Manali to Batal (3907 m) (5/6 hours)
Vehicles will be arranged from Manali, leave early to avoid traffic jams at Rohtang pass. Batal is a small town in the Himalayan region of Lahaul and Spiti. Arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
Drive from Batal (3907 m) to Chandratal (4300 m) (15 km) and night stay in Kunzum La Pass (6 km)
The drive from Batal to Chandratal is 15 km long and it can be covered in less than an hour. Peep out of your window and witness the magnificent Chandra Bhaga ranges and snow clad peaks.
This crescent shaped “Moon Lake” lies at an altitude of 4300 m. It is a sacred lake which changes colour and attracts many Hindu devotees. This places offers the sight of deserted mountains.
Then the drive is towards Kunzum La Pass, where the arrangements will be made.
Kunzum La Pass to Kibber village (1/2 hours)
Kunzum La is the highest motorable Pass and separates Spiti and Lahaul valley. Post breakfast the drive is towards a high village in Spiti valley.
Reach there and visit a monastery and Kibber Wildlife Sanctuary. Night stay will be in a lodge there.
Drive from Kibber village to Manali (7/8 hours)
In the morning, after breakfast drive to Manali via 2 high passes Kunzum La and Rohtang Pass. Have lunch en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
It is good to withdraw money from Dehradun, you can also find ATM in Manali.
There will be no networks on the trek or the signal strength will be intermittent. BSNL signals are available sometimes in Spiti valley but do not rely on the connectivity. So finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)