Buda Kedar Trek
Buda Kedar Trek is a pilgrimage site dedicated to “Lord Shiva” in Tehri Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. The Shivling present there is the biggest one in Northern India. It is located at the confluence of Dharam Ganga and Bal Ganga. Spot a variety of Himalayan birds here in the untouched environment of these hills.
Explore the Hills
On your trek come across the life of locals living in the mountainous regions. Cross cultivated farms and see wooden huts of villagers. The temples en route are uniquely styled and rich in architecture, every temple present there holds a different story.
Story of Buda Kedar Temple
When the Pandavas were in search of Lord Shiva after the battle of Kurukshetra during Mahabharata era, they saw sage Balkhily at Bhrigu Parvat. The sage told them to visit the confluence and meet the old man who was meditating there.
When the Pandavas reached there the old man vanished and a Shivling appeared. The Pandavas embraced the Shivlinga as told by the sage, to get rid of their sins. This Shivling is the biggest one in Northern India and the impressions of Pandavas can be seen on it.
Key Points of Buda Kedar Trek
- Level: Easy
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- Backpack should not be more than 10 kg.
Must read about Buda Kedar Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.9000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 7 Days
Summer Temperature:(2°C to 15°C)
Best Time:May, June, Sep and Oct
Winter Temperature:(0°C to -5°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Ghuttu (1500 m) (156 km)
Day 2– Ghuttu to Bhairon Chatti (2400 m) (5/6 hours)
Day 3– Bhairon Chatti to Buda Kedar (1500 m) (5/6 hours)
Day 4– Buda Kedar to Belak (2400 m) (6 hours)
Day 5– Belak to Malla (1500 m) and Drive to Uttarkashi
Day 6– Uttarkashi to Dehradun (1198 m) (145 km)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ Accommodation in Hotel Yuksom
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Ghuttu (1500 m) (156 km)
Meet us at Dehradun Railway Station at 6:30 in the morning. Ghuttu is the base camp of Buda Kedar and Panwali Kantha Trek, it is a small town at an altitude of 5100 feet and you can reach there in 7 to 8 hours.
Ghuttu to Bhairon Chatti (2400 m) (5/6 hours)
Today the trek is an interesting one because the trail makes its way through many farms, quaint villages with wooden huts and with rich architectural temples en route.
Before reaching Bhairon Chatti campsite pass through the forest of pines and enjoy walking under the shade of tall pine trees. Climb the peak’s top and get amazing views of Himalayan peaks, go further and explore the surroundings. Setup your camps and settle for the night.
Bhairon Chatti to Buda Kedar (1500 m) (5/6 hours)
Descent through the fields and dense forests, get amazing experience of crossing Bal Ganga River on the way. Campsite is beside the Buda Kedar village, it lies amid high hills and forests of Deodar.
Reach the campsite and visit Buda Kedar pilgrim site which is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Get back setup your camps and comfortably sleep in tents.
Buda Kedar to Belak (2400 m) (6 hours)
Leave the serene campsite of Buda Kedar, bow down to Lord Shiva and start the ascent to Belak. Trek through the forest area and get down through some fields and villages.
The campsite is near the village of Belak, pitch your camps there have salubrious food and retire for the night.
Belak to Malla (1500 m) (4 hours) and Drive to Uttarkashi (26 km) (2 hours)
Descent through some Himalayan villages and reach Bhagirathi River. Start the ascent to Malla village from there vehicle will arranged till Uttarkashi and arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
Uttarkashi to Dehradun (1198 m) (145 km)
Post breakfast leave from Uttarkashi to Dehradun. Have lunch en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)