A High Altitude Meadow
Bedni Bugyal is a high altitude meadow at a height of 3375 meters in Garhwal Himalayas near Wan village, it is en route to Roopkund “Mystery Lake”. This meadow is lush green and is at full bloom throughout the year. The soothing greenery of this place surrounded by mountains leaves nothing more to be desired.
Rejuvenate Yourself In The Serene Environment of This Place
From Bedni Bugyal you can have majestic views of Mt. Trishul, Nanda Ghunti and Chaukhamba peaks, this place is eye pleasing and one cannot take the eyes off from the exotic views which this place offers. One more reason to go there is, the entrancing camping sites.
Camping at a Bugyal “meadow” surrounded by flowers all around under the serene sky near silently flowing water of Bedni Kund makes the environment invigorating and is rejuvenating. This place is rich in Flora and Fauna and you can see flowers adding beauty to that lush green meadow, variety of birds and animals can be spotted in this region.
The Trail Further Goes to Roopkund
This place is Nature’s alluring creation with amusing views which you should not miss to go, this is an easy to moderate trek. The trail further takes you to Roopkund.
Key Points of Bedni Bugyal
- Level is Easy
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Bedni Bugyal
Trek Fee: Rs.9000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 5 Days
Altitude: (3375 feet)
Best Time:July, August and September
Summer Temperature:(6°C to 15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Mundoli (240 km) (8/9 hours)
Day 2– Mundoli to Wan (2439 m) and trek to Bedni Bugyal (3375 m) (10 km)
Day 3– Bedni Bugyal to Ali Bugyal (3300 m) (10 km) (4/5 hours) and back to camp
Day 4– Bedni Bugyal to Wan (2439 m) (4/5 hours)
Day 5– Wan to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Mundoli (240 km) (8/9 hours)
Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun and leaves for Mundoli, it is 8 to 9 hours long journey from pick up point.
Pass through these beautiful places – Rudraprayag, Devprayag and Karnprayag. River Ganga is visible on most part of the journey. In the evening reach village Mundoli it lies in Chamoli district. Enjoy your dinner and overnight stay in a hotel.
Mundoli to Wan (2439 m) and trek to Bedni Bugyal (3375 m) (10 km)
After having breakfast at Mundoli the drive is towards Wan village which is at an altitude of 2439 meters. Trek towards splendid Bedni Bugyal by covering 10 km distance, it is at an altitude of 3374 m. This high altitude meadow is the finest one in Garhwal region.
This place is rich in Flora and Fauna, mostly wild flowers and herbs are found here and in the spring season you can see colourful flowers blooming. Get splendid view of Great Himalayan ranges all covered in snow. Bedni Bugyal is the most beautiful spot, there is alluring greenery all over the meadow and the best time to visit here is May, June, September and October.
This is the perfect place for camping, a lake named Bedni Kund flows through the meadow and is very famous for Brahma Kamal flower. A ritual is held here in every 14 years “Nanda Raaj Jaat Yatra”. Bedni Bugyal is also a campsite for Roopkund Trek. Further is a small temple, relish the beauty of this place, enjoy dinner and retire for the night.
Bedni Bugyal to Ali Bugyal (3300 m) (10 km) (4/5 hours) and back to camp
Today descent towards Ali Bugyal, another beautiful high altitude meadow on this trek. The trail is through a dense forest covered by rhododendron, Pine, Deodar, spruce and Oak trees, walk under the shade of these trees.
Reach Ali Bugyal in 4 to 5 hours, on the way are shepherd huts, they are known as Toplani. After a short trek come to Ali Bugyal, spend time embracing nature and relaxing there.
After spending some time there, return to Bedni Bugyal by following the same route. Enjoy delicious dinner and retire for the night.
Bedni Bugyal to Wan (2439 m) (4/5 hours)
This is the last day of your trek so make sure you enjoy to the fullest. Descent from Bedni Bugyal to Wan village.
Wan is the largest village in Chamoli district where you come across the local lifestyle of villagers. Go through forest with variety of trees and follow the same path which you followed on Day 2. Have sight of the great mountains and those lush green areas and bid goodbye to them.
Reach Wan village in 4 to 5 hours. Enjoy your dinner and retire for the night.
Wan to Dehradun
Have breakfast and then leave early for Dehradun so that you reach there on time. have your lunch in middle of the journey.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Kathgodam is the last ATM point en route, withdraw money before starting of the journey.
Networks will be available till Lohajung, there are no other networks ahead, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)