Beas Kund Trek
Alpine lake in Himachal
Beas Kund Trek source of River Beas lies at an elevation of 3700 m amidst towering mountains in Solang valley. The starting point of this trek is Solang Nallah, it is a fable destination in Manali amongst avid travellers because it offers some great sports like Skiing and Paragliding.
-Come across numerous streams on the way, they are formed by the melting glaciers.
– Camp at spellbinding meadows like Dhundi which lies on the way.
– Get splendid views of Dhauladhar Range and Pin Pranjal Range. Some more Himalayan Peaks i.e. Friendship Peak, Ladakhi Peak, Hanuman Tibba, Shitidhar, Indrasen, Deo Tibba.
– Explore the rich variety of Flora and Fauna, go through the cover of Pine, Walnut and Birch.
– It is a perfect short summer trek, it offers everything a person need outdoors in a trek.
Key Points of Beas Kund Trek
- Level is Easy to Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Beas Kund Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.6500 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Manali to Manali)
Duration: 4 Days
Summer Temperature: (5°C to 18°C)
Best Time:Mid May to Mid Oct
Level: Easy to Moderate
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1 – Manali to Solang valley (8156 feet) (12 km) and trek to Dhundi (9465 feet)
Day 2 – Dhundi to Lohali (10974 feet) (3 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 3 – Lohali to Beas Kund (12772 feet) and return (7/8 hours)
Day 4 – Lohali to Solang valley (8156 feet) (9 km) and Drive to Manali (5/6 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Manali to Manali
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Manali to Solang valley (8156 feet) (12 km) and trek to Dhundi (9465 feet)
The vehicle will be arranged from Manali and the departure time is 6:30 am. The drive is towards Solang valley, it is the starting point of this trek.
Enter the Solang valley and the trail turns more beautiful surrounded by mountains. Ahead it becomes rocky, after a 10 minutes hike cross a stream and continue following the trail. Pass through the cover of pines and reach a bridge connecting the Rohtang Pass Tunnel.
Now, the Beas River is visible flowing through the boulders below, come across the river and cross it over a wooden bridge. Reach Dhundi in 10 minutes; your campsite for the day.
Dhundi to Lohali (10974 feet) (3 km) (4/5 hours)
The trek starts with a sheer climb, deeper in the valley are many trees of Pine, Walnut and Birch. Further cross a stream and follow the well-marked trail.
Ahead a bridge is visible which connects the other valley side. Stay beside the Beas River. The treeline recedes and now there are only sub alpine bushes.
Now, the whole valley opens up and Beas River is visible flowing through the boulder section with a view of an Ice Wall just above this section.
After entering the valley, cross the stream and reach Lohali. It lies amid mountains and is an ideal location for camping.
Lohali to Beas Kund (12,772 feet) (3.4 km) and return (5/6 hours)
The trail to Beas Kund is a steep one but offers extremely beautiful views of mountains and the forests keeps you accompanied. After three hours of ascent come across a meadow, it is known as Lady Leg.
If the weather is clear you can get clear sight of Friendship peak. From Lady Leg head towards the highest point, reach there in 20 minutes and get distant views of the Lake.
If the weather is clear get clear sight of Dhauladhar Range and Pin Pranjal Range. Some more Himalayan Peaks i.e. Friendship Peak, Ladakhi Peak, Hanuman Tibba, Shitidhar, Indrasen, Deo Tibba.
Spend good time at the summit, retrace your steps and return to Lohali.
Lohali to Solang valley (8156 feet) (9 km) (5/6 hours)
Today is an easy trek, return to Solang valley and from there drive back to Manali.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
You can withdraw money from Manali.
The signal strength is intermittent in the mountains, so finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)