Bamsaru Khal Trek
A Lush Green Valley in Garhwal
Bamsaru Khal trek is a fresh trek in Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand. It is next to Ganga valley and is known for its untouched natural beauty. Located at the base of Bandarpunch massif, the source of Hanuman Ganga River.
This trek gives trekkers a chance to explore the Asi Ganga valley and River Hanuman Ganga’s upper reaches on the entire way to Chayya Gidara valley. This route is ancient conjunction amid Gangotri and Yamunotri.
Feast For the Eyes
On Bamarsu khal trek explore the variety of alpine flora and if lucky spot different animals. Here are dense forests of Rhododendrons, Silver Birch, Deodar and Oaks. Go through wide alpine meadows offering excellent views of snow covered high Himalayan peaks.
Witness Dayara Gidara valley and Hanuman Ganga valley from Bamsaru Pass. It offers panorama views of Black peak, Bandarpunch and Gangotri group of peaks.
Explore Dodital and Darwa Pass on Bamarsu Khal Trek
Dodital is Ganesha’s birthplace surrounded by high mountains and is home to saints who permanently live there. Pass through lush green forests, undulating meadows, lakes, high mountain ridges and pilgrimages.
Further move to Darwa Pass which offers panorama views Swargarohini peaks, Bandarpunch, Hanuman Ganga valley, Srikantha peaks, Draupadi Ka Danda and Deonli.
Key Points of Bamsaru Khal Trek
- Level is Moderate to Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Bamsaru Khal Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.25000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 9 Days
Winter Temperature: (-3°C to -5°C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Best Time:May to Octobe
Level: Moderate to Difficult
Summer Temperature: (5°C to 15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Uttarkashi (145 km) (1198 m) (5/6 hours)
Day 2– Uttarkashi to Sangam Chatti (2400 m) (13 km) and trek to Manjhi (2942 m) via Agora and Bhebra
Day 3– Manjhi to Dodital (3040 m) (6 km) (2.5 hours)
Day 4– Dodital to Bingad via Darawa top (12 km) (5/6 hours) (4150 m)
Day 5– Bingad to Deodamini via Kanatal (12 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 6– Kanatal to Bamsaru Khal (4600 m) and descent to Bamsaru base (10 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 7- Bamsaru base to Songad via Chupkatidhar (2832 m)
Day 8- Songad to Sukki and Harsil
Day 9- Harsil to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌ On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌ Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Uttarkashi (1150 m) (178 km) (8/9 hours)
The vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun Railway Station and the drive is towards Uttarkashi. While your journey on the right side, below you can see Ganga River.
En route spot Tehri Dam. Drive to Uttarkashi is along the rivers with scenic views of beautiful valleys and mountains.
Arrangements will be made in a hotel. In the evening visit temple of Lord Kashi Vishwanath and Shakti in the city.
Uttarkashi to Sangam chatti (2400 m) (15 km) and trek to Manjhi (3000 m) via Agora and Bhebra
Have your breakfast in the Hotel and then drive 15 km to Sangam chatti, it will take 1 hour. Start your trek, the trail is steep and made up of stones.
As you go higher the view of snow covered mountains appear, then Agora village is also visible from a distance. Come across a waterfall just in front of the welcome board of Agora, a small village.
Further the trail becomes narrow and clean as villagers use this trail frequently. To reach Bhebra descent and cross a river with the help of rocks. Bhebra is surrounded by mountains from three sides. Climb a ridge and enjoy walking through the forested areas under the shades of trees.
After crossing the last ridge you come opposite to the Bakria Top. Ahead when the huts are then you are about to reach Manjhi. These are 10-15 shepherds huts lined up. Manjhi is a forest clearing and has good space for camping. Setup your camps, have dinner and retire for the night.
Manjhi to Dodital (3040 m) (6 km) (2.5 hours)
Dodital is 6 km away from Manjhi and the distance can be covered in 2.5/3 hours. The terrain is flat and wide.
Go through the forest of Oaks. In winters the snow makes trekking tough so the ice axe is needed. Reach Dodital a serene Lake and “Ganesha’s” birthplace which is surrounded by lofty mountains from three sides and is very spacious.
There are guest houses and temples beside Dodital, a stream flows just before this Tal. Explore the temples and at night have dinner and retire for the night.
Dodital to Bingad via Darawa top (12 km) (5/6 hours) (4150 m)
Darwa Pass offers splendid views Swargarohini peaks, Bandarpunch, Hanuman Ganga valley, Srikantha peaks, Draupadi Ka Danda and Deonli; standing tall totally covered in snow. Start the ascent to and go through meadows with snow patches. The Rhododendron trees on the side looks beautiful.
Further the trail becomes steep, cross it and reach Darwa top and the 360 degree view of Himalayan ranges will leave you speechless. Start the descent after spending good time at the summit, the trail is not marked and some shepherds can be seen on the way.
Reach Bingad, setup your tents and retire for the night.
Bingad to Kanatal (12 km) (5/6 hours)
Post breakfast go deep in the Bingad valley towards Deodamini. It is a high altitude meadow close to Bandarpunch.
After you’ve explored Deodamini return to the base ‘Kanatal’. Dinner and overnight stay will be there in tents.
Kanatal to Bamsaru Khal (4600 m) and descent to Bamsaru base (10 km) (5/6 hours)
Today the climb is to Bamsaru Khal, it lies at an altitude of 4600 meters above the sea level. The top offers magnificent views of whole Gangotri group of peaks.
Descending towards Bamsaru base is steep, so descend carefully. Reach the campsite which lies by a stream. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Bamsaru base to Songad via Chupkatidhar (2832 m)
After having breakfast start the ascent to top of the ridge ‘Chupkantidhar’. From here the trail descends to Songad, a major stream which comes out from Chhaian Bamak glacier.
Witness Bandarpoonch and Kala Nag peaks shining at a distance. The camps will be setup beside the stream and overnight stay will be in tents.
Songad to Sukki and Drive to Harsil (15 km)
Ascend on the Bandarpunch massif’s outer ridge and then continuously descend to Bhagirathi valley. This route leads to Sukhi village which is the road head.
From Sukhi, the drive is towards Harsil. This village has beautiful houses and worldwide famous apples. The arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
Harsil to Dehradun (9/10 hours)
From Harsil leave for Dehradun via Uttarkashi.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Uttarkashi is the last point where you will find ATM.
The connectivity will be intermittent, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)