Adi Kailash Om Parvat Trek
Massif Mountain with an OM symbol Known As Om Parvat
Adi Kailash Om Parvat trek stands high at an altitude of 6191 m in Dharchula district of Uttarakhand. Adi Kailash is close to Sin La and Brahma Parvat whereas Om Parvat is located near Nabidang on the Indo- Nepal border. The Massif Mountains are recognized as “Om Parvat” because of its totally different “OM” shape and “Adi Kailash” because of its resemblance to “Mt. Kailash”.
Only one of the 8 mountains with an Om symbol is discovered and that is – Om Parvat. Reason of its popularity is hard religious connect with a taste of jaw-dropping adventure.
Adi Kailash Om Parvat trek is undisturbed and underexplored which maintains its pristine beauty. The best time to do this trek is June to October, it is one of those rare treks which are best when done in Monsoon.
The Kailash Trilogy in the Himalayas
Nestled in the peaceful Himalayas of Uttarakhand Om Parvat is the oldest resting place of Shiva and is of great significance to Hindus.
The Kailash trilogy is – Kailash Mansarovar, Adi Kailash, and Kinnaur Kailash, according to the legends these are abodes of Lord Shiva, Parvati, Ganesha, and Kartikeya.
- Go through the beautiful hamlets of Kumaon – Lakhanpur,
Lamari where you can know about the traditions and culture in close proximity.
– Glimpses of Darma Valley.
– Sacred Parvati Tal
– Remote villages of Uttarakhand
Key Points of Adi Kailash Om Parvat Trek
- The level is Moderate to Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg
Must Read about Adi Kailash Om Parvat Trek
Trek Fee: Contact Us
Duration: 11 Days
Temperature: (10°C to 15°C)
Best Time: April to December
Trek distance: 23 Km.
Level: Moderate to Difficult
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Kathgodam to Dharchula (290 km) (9/10 hours)
Day 2– Drive from Dharchula to Lakhanpur (50 km) and trek to Lamari (6,800 feet) (9 km)
Day 3– Lamari to Budhi (5 km) and drive to Nabi (9,500 feet) (18 km)
Day 4– Drive from Nabi to Nampa (14 km) and trek to Kutti (12,500 feet) (6 km)
Day 5– Kutti to Jyolingkong (14,500 feet) (14 km)
Day 6– Jyolingkong to Kutti (12,500 feet) (14 km)
Day 7– Kutti to Nampa (6 km) Drive to Nabi (9,500 feet) (14 km)
Day 8– Drive from Nabi to Om Parvat (22 km) and back
Day 9– Drive from Nabi to Chialekh (9 km) and trek to Lamari (6,800 feet)
Day 10– Lamari to Lakhanpur (9 km) and drive to Dharchula (50 km) Day
Day 11– Dharchula to Kathgodam (290 km) (9/10 hours)
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Transport Facility from Kathgodam to Kathgodam
✅ Accommodation in tents on a twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High-quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On the first day, En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Kathgodam to Dharchula (290 km) (9/10 hours)
The vehicle will be arranged from Kathgodam Railway Station and the departure time is 6:30 am. The drive is through Almora via picturesque valley of Kumaon.
Cross Joulijbi, see the confluence of River Gori with Kali River which crosses at Dharchula from India to Nepal.
Drive from Dharchula to Lakhanpur (50 km) and trek to Lamari (6,800 feet) (9 km)
Post breakfast, depart to Lakhanpur in the arranged vehicle. It is the starting point of Adi Kailash and Om Parvat trek, at a distance of 50 km from Dharchula.
After a short halt at Lakhanpur, start the trek to Lamari and after a long hike reach Lamari. And, after having delicious meals retire for the night.
Lamari to Budhi (5 km) and drive to Nabi (9,500 feet) (18 km)
After salubrious breakfast trek for 5 km and reach Budhi. Reach there and halt for some time. Have lunch there then leave for Nabi in the arranged vehicle, it lies 18 km away from Nabi.
Drive from Nabi to Nampa (14 km) and trek to Kutti (12,500 feet) (6 km)
Have breakfast at Nabi and enjoy the 14 km drive to Nampa in the arranged vehicle. Reach Nampa and after a break start the trek towards Kutti.
The trek is 6 km long, the arrangements will be made in a guest house. Have your meal there and retire for the night.
Kutti to Jyolingkong (14,500 feet) (14 km)
Today, start the day young. The trekking distance is 14 km, so leave early after having breakfast.
The alpine trek is a beautiful one, have breakfast in middle of the way at Sumchuma. Then continue the trek towards Jyolingkong, meals will be served there and the night stay will be in tents.
Jyolingkong to Kutti (12,500 feet) (14 km)
A temple is present on the banks of Parvati Sarovar. Post breakfast visit it, then head towards Gaurikund, it lies 4 km away from this temple.
Get back and have breakfast at Jyolingkong then start the descent to Kutti via Samchuma and the arrangements will be made in a homestay there.
Kutti to Nampa (6 km) Drive to Nabi (9,500 feet) (14 km)
After breakfast leave Kutti and head towards Nampa, which lies 6 km away. Reach there and departure will be to Nabi in the arranged vehicles.
Have your meals at Nabi and retire for the night.
Drive from Nabi to Om Parvat (22 km) and back
From Nabi, visit Nabidang to sightsee Om Parvat and Kalapani temple through the vehicle as it is 22 km away. While return from the pilgrimage tour, the lunch will be served at Kalapani.
Get back to Nabi and enjoy your dinner and stay there.
Drive from Nabi to Budhi and trek to Lamari (6,800 feet) (9 km)
Post breakfast get straight to Budhi. The trek starts from Budhi to Lamari, the distance is 9 km.
The arrangements will be made in Lampa.
Lamari to Lakhanpur (9 km) and drive to Dharchula (50 km) Day
After delectable breakfast in Lamari head towards Lakhanpur, the vehicles are arranged from there to reach Dharchula. The arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
Dharchula to Kathgodam (290 km) (9/10 hours)
Today, the drive is from Dharchula to Kathgodam via Almora. The vehicles will be arranged, so after breakfast leave early to reach Kathgodam on time.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Networks will be available till Lohajung, there are no other networks ahead. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Networks will be available till Lohajung, there are no other networks ahead. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)