Pin Parvati Pass
Pin Parvati Pass is located in Himachal Pradesh. It starts from Kullu and ends in Manali and the beauty can be find in abundance here.
Pin Parvati Pass Fee:
Rs 25000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Manali to Manali)
Duration: 11 Days
Highest Points: (17,500 Feet)
Best Season: July, Aug and Sep
Temperature: (16°C to 20°C) (0°C to -4°C)
Review 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Large Group
Pin Parvati Pass is one of the Trickiest Trek
Manali attracts a large number of people and is a delight for trekking enthusiast. Pin Paravti Pass is one of the trickiest trek because of the high altitude (17,500 feet) and it remains frozen almost throughout the year.
Adventurous 11 Days Sojourn
This trek starts from Kullu and ends in Manali, it is going to be an 11 days adventurous sojourn. Here you can find the beauty in abundance because of captivating changing landscapes, alluring greenery, alpine forests, colourful blooming flowers and admirable sceneries. Explore the valleys, quaint villages and huge waterfalls.
Views from Pin Parvati Pass
From here have enthralling views of Spiti valley (barren) and on the other side snow- capped mountains.
- En route you will see Pin Valley National Park and Himalayan Nationalized Park, these are famous everywhere for different Himalayan Birds and Snow leopards.
- Trek to the biggest Pin valley which offers the best view of Kaza.
- Discover Himalayan Villages.
- Go through Kheerganga, devoted to Lord Shiva.
Key Points of Pin Parvati Pass
- Level is difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Pin Parvati Pass
Duration – 11 Days (Manali to Manali)
Best Season – July, Aug and Sep
Level – Difficult
Highest Points – (17,500 feet)
Weather – The weather remains cold and temperature falls after sunset.
Temperature –(16°C to 20°C) (0°C to -4°C)
Day 1– Drive from Manali to Bursheni (4/5 hours) and trek to Kalga (2 hours)
Day 2– Kalga to Kheerganga (10 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 3– Kheerganga to Tunda Bhuj (13 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 4– Tunda Bhuj to Thakur Kuan (11 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 5– Thakur Kuan to Odi Thach (9 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 6– Odi Thach to Mantalai Lake (12 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 7– Mantalai Lake to Summit Camp (11 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 8– Summit Camp to Pin Parvati Pass and Summit Base (Bedu Thach) (15 km) (10/12 hours)
Day 9– Summit Base to Tiya (12 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 10– Tiya to Mud (12 km) (4/5 hours) and Drive to Kaza (25 km) (1 hour)
Day 11– Kaza to Manali
- Transport facility from Manali to Manali
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
- (All camping gears)
- High quality tents
- Sleeping bags
- Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
- Dining Tent
- Dining table
- Kitchen team
- Radio Walky Talky for Communication
- Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Crampons and Gaiters
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
- On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
- Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Drive from Manali to Bursheni (4/5 hours) and trek to Kalga (2 hours)
Reach Manali by 10 am, meet our team members and enjoy the drive to Bursheni village, it is a small village and the thick pine forest and grasslands surrounds this quaint village.
From Bursheni trek to Kalga village, you can reach there in two hours. En route is a gurudwara named “Manikaran” Langar is served, so you can have your lunch here, do visit the hot water springs nearby.
Have lunch and head to Bursheni, the distance to Kalga is very less from here. Your device may receive networks but the signal strength is not so good. Today you will spend your night in a guest house.
Kalga to Kheerganga (10 km) (6/7 hours)
Today the trek is long from Kalga to Kheerganga, start and cross the bridge ahead, River Parvati is visible from here. Experience the changing landscapes today, the trail is through a thick forest, ascend is steep and you can cover the distance in half an hour.
Climb till you reach a point where a rest room is visible, from here after 10 minutes of trek you will reach a pastureland of Kheerganga. A long mixture of steep and gradual ascent through forests of Oak, Pines, Chestnut and Walnut.
Kheerganga is devoted to Lord Shiva and there is a hot water spring where people take bath. You can reach there in 6 to 7 hours from Kalga because the distance is 10 km. Setup your tents and retire for the night in tents.
Kheerganga to Tunda Bhuj (13 km) (7/8 hours)
Today from Kheerganga you will trek towards Tunda Bhuj your next campsite. Ascend gradually and further you can see Parvati River flowing down from mountains. Trek is through wide and undulating meadows and chirping of birds can be heard during this trek.
You have to cross a stream after ascend of 20 minutes. A temporary bridge will be visible present over the edge of mountains. Small tents will be visible, locals sell refreshments here and some products. Exit the forest area and a meadow surprisingly welcomes you with sight of dell.
Now, reach the top of the hill and experience sublime views of Parvati valley. This is the last point which you have to cross and then you can reach Tunda Bhuj, it is surrounded by high snow covered mountains and the views are very pleasing. Setup the tents and retire for the night.
Tunda Bhuj to Thakur Kuan (11 km) (6/7 hours)
Trek through a forest with mixture of trees and abundance of foliage, descend and reach the pastureland. Cross a bridge it is long and consumes time, after this you have to climb high to the peak. After a gradual climb and passing a meadow you can reach there in 15 minutes.
Exploring the changing landscapes and beauty of Manali will fill your heart with happiness and joy. To grab a picturesque view of landscape go to some height from where you can have complete view of this landscape.
Cross the Pandu Bridge and descend to Paravati River, trek through some fields on the right and you can reach the campsite Thakur Kuan, setup your tents and retire for the night.
Thakur Kuan to Odi Thach (9 km) (5/6 hours)
Ahead on this journey lie adventures so get ready for the excitement. Today is the easiest day of your trek, cross a land and multiple streams. You can see Parvati River on the way which looks mesmerising.
Trek through the forest section and undulating meadow which are visible from aside the Parvati River. Now you can see many flowers blooming all over and small trees, this is Thakur Kuan region. The tricky part starts after 1.5 hours of trek, and that is crossing Pandu Bridge which is made naturally.
Now, the trail is levelled and the trek is on flat ground, you can find some areas from where you can fill the water bottles. Reach Odi Thach your camping site, setup your tents and have salubrious food after that retire for the night.
Odi Thach to Mantalai Lake (12 km) (7/8 hours)
Odi Thach to Mantalai Lake, the distance is 12 km and you can reach there in 7-8 hours. The trail is muddy, walk carefully because it gets slippery. After you cross the muddy surface you will come to the moraine area.
The ascent is steep and the efforts are needed to traverse this path. Mantalai Lake is the origin of Parvati River and there is a small temple which you can visit. You can reach the campsite after 45 minutes of trek.
The lake and campsite both are at high altitude, to prevent altitude motion sickness drink enough water so that your body remains hydrated. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Mantalai Lake to Summit Camp (11 km) (7/8 hours)
Leave the remarkable campsite of Mantalai Lake and start crossing the river lane, this is going to be the tough part of this trek. Then trek through high rocky region and glaciers. Climb slope’s right side and keep following the same trail.
The trail is long and takes much time to climb the high altitude mountain. Climb the steep rocks, you might feel tired but the summit camp is few minutes away. Reach the campsite, greenery and huge glaciers surrounds this place.
Setup the camps, rest for some time and wait for the yummy food to be served and retire for the night.
Summit Camp to Pin Parvati Pass and Summit Base (Bedu Thach) (15 km) (10/12 hours)
After good rest, wake up early and get ready for the longest journey of this trek and you will the Spiti valley which is almost barren. The trail is an ascending one, climb for one hour between glaciers.
Climb for three hours and reach the top of Pin Parvati Pass at an altitude of (17,500 feet). The way from Pin valley to Srikhand Mahadev is visible, standing at the top of this tricky pass would give you a feeling of contentment.
Descend through the ice fields, on the way you can see grass, rocks and stones. Be careful because the path is dangerous now through dense forest.
The camp is amidst three valleys and further do not miss the views of Dibibokri and Kulu Makalu ranges. They look extremely beautiful covered totally in snow and captures the complete attention because of the extraordinary sights.
Summit Base to Tiya (12 km) (5/6 hours)
Tiya is 12 km away from the Pin Base, start the trek and descend gradually. Today you have to descend for most of the part to reach Tiya.
It is a land totally barren amidst huge mountains. The trail of Bhaba Pass is visible from the route. The campsite is a beautiful natural setting, the temperature falls after sunset so wear proper clothes to keep yourself warm. Setup the tents and retire early.
Tiya to Mud (12 km) (4/5 hours) and Drive to Kaza (25 km) (1 hour)
Mud is the last village of Pin valley and from Tiya you have to reach there. Walk on the levelled path today and reach Mud.
From there drive to Kaza, vehicles will be arranged and there you will stay in a guest house.
Kaza to Manali
Today return to Manali, start early in the morning to reach Manali between 6:00 to 6:30 pm.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- If the trek is cancelled by us due to any reason (heavy snowfall, rainfall, natural disaster etc.) then the refund would not be initiated but you can go on the same trek another year.
The cancellation charges are as follows –
(No bank charges deducted will be Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90 precent cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50 precent cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refunds are initiated in 7-8 business days)