Have overwhelming views of Garhwal and Kinnaur sides from Nalgan Pass and go through undulating meadows and dense forest sections. It starts close to the border of Himachal, you can explore the variety of Flora and Fauna.
Nalgan Pass Fee:
Rs 20000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Sangla)
Duration: 10 Days
Highest Point: (4978 m)
Best Season: May, June, Sep, Oct and Nov
Summer Temperature: (5°C to 15°C) (3°C to 5°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
A Himalayan Pass in Uttarakhand
Nalgan Pass trek is through Garhwal and Himachal Himalayas and this Himalayan Pass is located at an altitude of 4978 meters. It starts close to the border of Himachal, you can explore the variety of Flora and Fauna.
Get the views from Nalgan Pass of Garhwal side and Kinnaur in Himachal, look at the snow-capped peaks which can be seen on every side. En route come across the Kanasar Lake which lies in the remote region of Himalayas.
Key Points of Nalgan Pass Trek
- Level: Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature.
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Nalgan Pass Trek:-
Duration: 10 Days (Dehradun to Sangla)
Best Season: May, June, Sep, Oct and Nov
Highest Point: (4978 m)
Weather: nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season.
Summer temperature: (5°C to 15°C) (3°C to 5°C)
Starting point: Dehradun
Day 01 – Dehradun to Sankri (1920 m) (210 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 02 – Drive from Sankri to Jakhol (19 km) trek to Rala Thach via Fhiatri village (3 km) (2/3 hours)
Day 03 – Rala to Devbasa (3650 m) (8 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 04 – Devbasa to Baraadsar Ridge (4400 m) (7 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 05 – Baraadsar Lake to Gulgaar/Manjivan (4500 m) (7 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 06 – Manjivan to Panch Odari (6 km) (3/4 hours)
Day 07 – Panch Odari to Ghatadi Gad (7 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 08 – Acclimatization Day
Day 09 – Ghatadi Gad to Nalgan Pass (4978 m) and trek to Sangla Kanda (12 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 10 – Sangla Kanda to Sangla market
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Sangla
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Sankri (1920 m) (210 km) (7/8 hours)
The vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun railway station and it will leave for Sankri at 6:30 am (Transportation is included in the package, breakfast and lunch en route are excluded). The journey is 7-8 hours long with plethora of sceneries. Yamuna River and Tons valley are visible across the Yamuna Bridge en route.
Go through beautiful hilly areas i.e. Mussoorie, Damta, Nowgao, Netwar and Purola. In some of these villages you can see people working in fields and have a glimpse of their lifestyle. When you go through the forests, peep out of your window and look at the combination of dark and light greenery, it looks picture perfect.
Ahead cross an entry gate of Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Sankri lies there. When the Baraadsar mountain range and other snow-capped mountains comes into sight then in 15-20 minutes you can reach Sankri.
Sankri is a small village with less number of houses, there is a famous mini market of with few wooden huts serving traditional and delicious food. From here some mountain ranges are visible. We own a hotel named “Swargarohini”, enjoy your dinner and relaxing stay there.
- Day 2 Drive from Sankri to Jakhol (19 km) trek to Rala Thach via Fhitari village (3 km) (2/3 hours)
Drive from Sankri to Jakhol is 19 km long and you can reach there in two hours, the greenery will accompany you all along your journey.
Jakhol is a village in Mori, from there your trek stars to Obra Gad which is 6 km away. We will provide packed lunch which you can have in middle of the day.
The trail will take you through beautiful Himalayan villages like Fhitari village, where you can have a glimpse of their life in mountains. People living in mountains have a total different lifestyle and traditions, knowing about their traditional values and culture can change anyone as a person. So, do communicate with them on the way as they heartily welcome you.
The campsite Rala Thach is a wide meadow with ample of space for camping. Set your tents at this delightful place and retire for the night.
- Day 3 Rala to Devbasa (3650 m) (8 km) (4/5 hours)
Start the trek towards Rala village and move forward to Devbasa. The trail goes through the beautiful region of Himalayas, cross some steep ascents and trek through dense forests to reach Devbasa which joins two mountains.
This campsite is windy and rocky, the temperature will be low here so keep yourself warm to protect against chilly cold. Relish the sight of Gangotri range and the trail of Baraadsar is also visible.After setting up camps, retire early.
- Day 4 Devbasa to Baraadsar Lake (4400 m) (7 km) (4/5 hours)
Today’s trek is the longest one on rough trail from Dev Basa to Baraadsar Lake, take any of the two routes. The short one is steep but the trail is risky because there are rocks and big boulders.
From Baraadsar ridge Baraadsar Lake is visible from a distance and the ridges surround it from three sides. After 2 hours strenuous trek Baraadsar Lake can be reached. There will be snow-patches on the way and you will be crossing some glaciated regions.
Reach Baraadsar Lake located amid high ridges, this lake is in the lower middle surface and it looks dark as the shadow of mountains can be seen on it. People believe that wishes here never go unfulfilled so do make a wish and try the power of this Lake.
Setup your camps nearby and retire for the night.
- Day 5 Baraadsar Lake to Gulgaar/Manjivan (4500 m) (7 km) (4/5 hours)
Make a wish and bid adieu to this wish fulfilling lake. Now, start the trek early towards Manjivan. By passing through dense forest section of pines and oaks the trail gets steep and the climb becomes challenging.
Take short breaks and reach Manjivan, one of the finest Bugyal and a great campsite. Setup your camps and settle for the day.
- Day 6 Manjivan to Panch Odari (6 km) (3/4 hours)
Start the trek from Manjivan and on the way get enthralling views of high ridges and snow covered mountains. Till Odari the trek is 6 km long which can be covered in approximately 3 to 4 hours.
Odari is a rock cave, it is said that Bali (Hanuman’s brother) stayed here for one night. Reach your campsite and enjoy the majestic views of Bandarpoonch and Swargarohini, the sights are phenomenal. Aura of this place will surely revive your mind.
At night have dinner and spend your night in tents.
- Day 7 Panch Odari to Ghatadi Gad (7 km) (4/5 hours)
Today the trek is steep and the trail leads to base of the gully. The climb is sheer over loose rocks and grass patches, the trail eases after sometime and you reach the narrow rocky top.
After a tough hike reach the Ghatadi Gad campsite and from here the other route is also visible. There are loose rocks everywhere and the passes are also visible. Setup your camps, have salubrious food and settle for the day.
- Day 8 Acclimatization Day
Go for short hikes today and get yourself ready for a strenuous trek tomorrow.
- Day 9 Ghatadi Gad to Nalgan Pass (4978 m) and trek to Sangla Kanda (12 km) (6/7 hours)
It is the longest day of the trek and the trek to Nalgan Pass is strenuous climb to the height of 4978 m. The trail is followed by steep ascents and no descents.
From this Himalayan Pass the high Himalayan peaks shining in glory are clearly visible, have a look at all the peaks and then leave for Sangla, descending is long and steep.
Cross Rukti Gad and descent towards Sangla, it is your campsite for today. Pitch your tents, wait for the salubrious food to be served and retire for the night.
- Day 10 Sangla Kanda to Sangla market
Leave early from Sangla, after a short trek vehicle will be arranged to reach the main Sangla market.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Purola all the networks are available and in Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but the connectivity isn’t good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund