Vishkhopri Trek lies at an elevation of 3,600 meters present at the confluence of Supin and Guggal Gad.
Vishkhopri Trek Fee:
Rs 17000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 9 Days
Highest Point: (3600 m)
Best Season: May, June, Sep and Oct
Level: Easy to Moderate
Summer Temperature: (2°C to 10°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Vishkhopri is present at the confluence of Supin and Guggal Gad.
Vishkhopri Trek lies at an elevation of 3,600 meters present at the confluence of Supin and Guggal Gad. Starting and end point of this trek is Sankri. It is a great trek for beginners with mind boggling scenic beauty. Walk along the banks of River Supin and explore the undulating meadows and green fields.
You can only find the nature at its best when it’s untouched.
This trek is not known by the people, but who want to go in peace with the beauty of untouched trails then Vishkhopri will be great for you. The trekking trails are getting busy nowadays so it gets tough to go on the treks not crowded. The beauty lies here in abundance and you can only find the nature at its best when it’s untouched.
This place is rich in Flora and Fauna, trek through the woods Rhododendrons and Oaks are common, spot variety of colourful birds. Go through some picturesque meadows like Surmola Thach which bloom with wildflowers and you will also come across Himalayan villages like Liwari and there is a temple of lord Someshwar which is worshipped by the villagers.
Key Points of Vishkhopri Trek
- Level is Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
Must read about Vishkupri Trek
Duration – 9 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season – May, June, Sep and Oct
Level – Easy to Moderate
Highest Point – (3600 m)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Summer temperature – (2°C to 10°C)
Starting point – Dehradun
Day 1– Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m)
Day 2– Sankri to Jakhol (19 km) (2200 m) Jakhol to Liwari via Baicha (8 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 3– Liwari to Surmola Thach (10 km) (5/6 hours) (3460 m)
Day 4– Surmola Thach to Vishkhopri (9 km) (5/6 hours) (3600 m)
Day 5– Rest Day
Day 6– Vishkhopri to Surmola Thach (9 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 7– Surmola Thach to Liwari (10 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 8– Liwari to Jakhol (8 km) (4/5 hours) and Drive to Sankri (19 km)
Day 9– Sankri to Dehradun (210 km) (7/8 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ Accommodation in Sankri
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m)
Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun railway station then leaves for Sankri (210 km), it takes 7-8 hours to reach there. The drive to Sankri is a picturesque one and you will come across plethora of sceneries on the way.
The scenic beauty of valley attract the visitor’s eye. You will see Yamuna River and Tons valley across the Yamuna Bridge, the crystal clear water gives a very refreshing feeling if you feel tired on the way. Drive is through some splendid places i.e. Mussoorie, Damta, Nowgao, Netwar and Purola. These are the villages where you can see people working in fields and you can have a glimpse of their lifestyle. When you go through the forests, peep out of your window and look at the combination of dark and light greenery, it looks picture perfect.
We cross an entry gate of Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Sankri lies there. When the Baraadsar mountain range and other snow-capped mountains are visible then you are about to reach Sankri, it will take 15-20 minutes more.
Sankri is a small village with less number of houses, there is a famous mini market of Sankri with few wooden huts serving traditional and delicious food. From here you can have a glance of some mountain ranges, it is surrounded by the mountains and the environment is pollution free, relish the beauty of Sankri. We own a hotel named “Swargarohini”, enjoy your dinner and relaxing stay there.
- Day 2 Sankri to Jakhol (19 km) (2200 m) Jakhol to Liwari via Baicha (8 km) (4/5 hours)
Jakhol is 19 km away from Sankri, it is the last village of Supin valley at an altitude of 2200 meters. You can reach there in two hours.
Trek starts from Jakhol on along the left bank of River Supin, after you cross a bridge you will reach Baicha. From this point Obra Gad is visible and one can also go Devkiyara through this Gad. Now the trek is again along the Supin River from here you can have sight of Fithari village, there are fields and wooden huts visible.
Now the difficult climb starts and you will reach fields that are present on left bank of Supin. Trek through potato fields and after last ridge reach Liwari village (2,750 m). There is a temple of “Someshwar Devta” worshipped by the villagers. Setup your camps here and retire for the night.
- Day 3 Liwari to Surmola Thach (10 km) (5/6 hours) (3460 m)
Wake up early and visit Someshwar Devta’s temple, bow down and ask everything to go well. When your trek starts the first section is through potato fields and Sural Dhar is visible from here.
The other section of the trek starts through forests, there are different variety of trees like Deodar, Walnut and Pine, trek for 1 km and reach a bridge over Supin. The area is landslide prone and the some paths have been damaged. Now to reach Surmola Thach trek is tough through ice bridges and boulder zone.
Surmola Thach have green pasturelands, it is at an altitude of 3460 metres. At ridge top is a Lake “Badasu” and as the belief of locals they say that this Lake is sacred and pure. Set your tents at this beautiful campsite and stay comfortably for the night in tents.
- Day 4 Surmola Thach to Vishkhopri (9 km) (5/6 hours) (3600 m)
Bid goodbye to the alluring fields of Surmola Thach and follow the right bank of Supin to reach your destination Vishkhopri. Walk carefully through landslide prone region because the routes are washed away and some paths are damaged.
Climbing the ridge get because of the damage parts but when you reach the top there is a land which blooms, it becomes a relief to legs after ascending so hard. The scenic beauty is just heart-warming, there are colourful flowers and all green fields they together make a picturesque setting.
Start descent towards Supin to reach Vishkhopri it is present at the confluence of Supin and Guggal Gad.
Vishkhopri is a wide ground and you can see the colourful flowers blooming together making a bed of hundred flowers. It is feast for the eyes, spend time relishing the beauty of this place. Setup your camps here and spend rest of the time admiring the natural peace this place possesses.
- Day 5 Rest Day
Today spend time at Vishkhopri, relax or you can explore the surroundings.
- Day 6 Vishkhopri to Surmola Thach (9 km) (4/5 hours)
Descent till you reach Surmola Thach, the downhill trek is going to be pleasant because you will go through the green fields and meadows with wildflowers.
Trek along the bank of River Supin and the green field “Surmola Thach” welcomes you again, you are going to follow the same path. Setup your tents here and retire for the night.
- Day 7 Surmola Thach to Liwari (10 km) (5/6 hours)
Cross Supin over a bridge and go through forests, there are different variety of trees like Deodar, Walnut and Pine. You will reach the potato fields of villagers.
Liwari is a village which was you campsite on Day 2. Setup your tents here and retire for the night.
- Day 8 Liwari to Jakhol (8 km) (4/5 hours) and Drive to Sankri (19 km)
Bid goodbye to the villagers and head towards Jakhol, trek along the bank of Supin and reach Baicha. Form here after a short hike you can reach Jakhol. Retrace your steps.
Reach Jakhol and the vehicles will be arranged for you till Sankri. Overnight stay will be in Hotel Swargarohini.
- Day 9 Sankri to Dehradun (210 km) (7/8 hours)
You can reach Dehradun between 5:30-6:00 pm if you start travelling by 8:00 am. Have your breakfast en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Purola all the networks are available and in Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but the connectivity isn’t good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund