Sinla Pass Trek
The Sinla Pass Trek lies in ‘Little Kashmir’ ‘Pithoragarh’, a place with abundant natural beauty. Bounded by Nepal in the east and Tibet in the North. Sinla Pass connects Darma valley and Kuthi Yankti valley.
Sinla Pass Trek Fee:
Rs 35000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Kathgodam to Kathgodam)
Duration: 12 Days
Highest Point: (5495 m)
Best Season: May, June, Sep and Oct
Temperature: (10°C to 15°C)
Review 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Large Group
Sinla Pass, A high Pass in the ‘Little Kashmir’ of Uttarakhand
The Sinla Pass Trek lies in ‘Little Kashmir’ ‘Pithoragarh’, a place with abundant natural beauty. Bounded by Nepal in the east and Tibet in the North. The altitude of this high pass is 5,495 meters which towers in the Kumaon Himalayas.
Sinla Pass connects Darma valley and Kuthi Yankti valley. Sin La, in ancient times was used as a trade route by the Bhotiyas and it remains covered in snow throughout the year.
Sinla Pass Trek is amongst the moderate to challenging treks in Kumaon Himalayan region, offering grand views of Adi Kailash Peak which stands high at an elevation of 6,191 m. Sin La pass attracts trekkers and mountaineers because of the scenic vistas and awe inspiring adventure.
Explore the Divinity
The routes are exciting and gives exposure to the cultures and traditions of people living in Chaudans, Byans and Darma valleys. Pass through blooming meadows, small rivulets and some quaint villages. This all together is a delight for trekkers.
Key Points of Sinla Pass Trek
- Level: Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Sinla Pass Trek
Duration: 12 Days (Kathgodam to Kathgodam)
Best Season: May, June, Sep and Oct
Highest Point: (5495 m)
Weather: Nights are cold and days are pleasant during the season
Temperature: (10°C to 15°C)
Starting point: Kathgodam
Day 1: Kathgodam to Dharchula
Day 2: Drive from Dharchula to Sobla and trek to Pangu
Day 3: Pangu to Gala
Day 4: Gala to Budi
Day 5: Budi to Gunji
Day 6: Gunji to Kutti
Day 7: Kutti to Jolinkong
Day 8: Jolinkong to Bedang via Sinla Pass
Day 9: Bedang to Duktu
Day 10: Duktu to Nagling
Day 11: Nagling to Bungling. Drive to Dharchula
Day 12: Dharchula to Kathgodam
✅ Transport facility from Kathgodam to Kathgodam
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Kathgodam to Dharchula
The vehicle will be arranged from Kathgodam Railway Station and the departure time is 6:30 am. The drive is through Almora via picturesque valley of Kumaon.
Cross Joulijbi, see the confluence of River Gori with Kali River which crosses at Dharchula from India to Nepal.
Drive from Dharchula to Sobla and trek to Pangu
The trail now is towards north past Dharchula and Tawa Ghat. Then it diverts into a gorge; westwards, following River Dhauli Ganga till Sobla which lies at an elevation of 1670 m.
Sobla is the entry gate of idyllic Darma Valley and is the starting point of Sinla Pass Trek.
Post breakfast the drive is towards Sobla, reach there in two hours and start trekking towards Pangu – today’s destination. Start the trek and climb up to Sosa. The beautiful trek goes through Narayan Ashram established by Narayan Swami.
Reach Pangu, setup your camps and retire for the night.
Pangu to Gala
Today’s campsite is Gala, it is 10 km away from Sirkha. The trail is through forest covers with abundant tall trees and blooming wildflowers. Reach Gala, setup the camps, wait for delicious food to be served and retire for the night.
Gala to Budi
Descent along the gushing river, it is coffee milky (sandy) in colour. It is also known as “Kali”. On its course lies huge boulders. Pass this adventurous section and reach Budi.
Setup the camps and retire for the night.
Budi to Gunji
Today, to reach Budi to Gunji trek through the forest and from a clearing witness a majestic view of a glacier. River Kali flows on the other side. Spot wildflowers and a variety of tall trees.
Reach Gunji, setup the camps and retire for the night.
Gunji to Kutti
The trek from Gunji to Kutti is long through the wide meadows and greenery everywhere. The forests doesn’t leave your company and accompany you all the way to Kutti.
Reach the campsite and enjoy overnight stay in tents.
Kutti to Jolinkong
Start the trek early to reach Jolinkong, the trek is strenuous today. The ascents are steep which can be crossed after some efforts.
The efforts will be worth because the views are rewarding. Get views of snow covered peaks shining. Setup your camps and enjoy overnight stay in tents.
Jolinkong to Bedang via Sinla Pass
Post breakfast, head towards Sinla Pass, the ascent is going to be steep so use trekking techniques to traverse this part and move forward.
After spending some time at the Pass, descent to Bedang. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Bedang to Duktu
Descent to Duktu. The trek is going to be an easy descent from Bedang to Duktu.
Duktu to Nagling
Start the descent today from Duktu to Nagling. The distance is 11 km which can be covered in 5 to 6 hours, the descent is an easy one through forest covers, sprawling meadows and some pasturelands.
You can see the shepherd with their flocks on the way. Reach Nagling, setup your camps there, have delicious food and retire for the night.
Nagling to Bungling. Drive to Dharchula
Today is the last trekking day so make sure you enjoy to the fullest. Post breakfast, start the trek from Nagling to Bungling, it is a 12 km long trek.
The vehicle will be arranged from Bungling and then we will drive back to Dharchula. The arrangements will be there.
Dharchula to Kathgodam
Today the drive is from Dharchula to Kathgodam via Almora. The vehicles will be arranged. Post breakfast, leave early to reach Kathgodam on time.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM Point: The last ATM point of this trek is Kathgodam.
The connectivity will be intermittent, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund