Shrikhand Mahadev Trek
Most Significant Trek in the Himalayas
Shrikhand Mahadev Trek lies in Himachal Pradesh and the Shrikhand Mahadev peak stands tall at a height of 5,227 meters, it is named after Lord Shiva and resembles Mt. Shivling.
This trek is a delight for devotees, nature and adventure lovers. A small shrine of Lord Shiva is present on the summit of Shrikhand Mahadev. It is of great significance to Hindu devotees and avid trekkers.
Beliefs and Best Time
People believe that at Shrikhand peak Lord Shiva meditated and it was visited by Pandavas too. This place is heavily visited by the devotees and best time to visit it is July and August.
Accessibility and Charms
The peak is accessible from Jaon, Bathad, Gushani, and Jeori. The short and easiest route is from the Jaon village of Kullu district in Himachal.
The cosmic sight of Himalayan peaks are offered on this trek – Rangrik ranges of Kinnaur, Jorkandan, Hansabhen and other peaks in south of Satluj river.
The extremely beautiful trail passes through dense forests, small rivulets, wide meadows, glaciers, snow and lofty mountains. The level varies from moderate to difficult, but it can be done by any trekker.
Key Points of Shrikhand Mahadev Trek
- Level is Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg
Must Read about Shrikhand Mahadev Trek
Trek Fee:Contact Us
Duration: 9 Days (Shimla to Shimla)
Temperature: Day (25°C to 15°C) Night (18°C to 12°C)
Altitude: (5,227 M)
Best Time:May, June, September and October
Trek distance: 23 Km.
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Shimla to Jaon via Saharan (210 km)
Day 2– Acclimatization Day
Day 3– Jaon to 13 Meel (9 km)
Day 4– 13 Meel to Bheem Talai (9 km)
Day 5– Bheem Talai to Parvati Bagh (8 km)
Day 6– Parvati Bagh to Shrikhand Mahadev and Bhim Dawari (12 km)
Day 7– Bhim Dawari to Thachdu (12 km)
Day 8– Thachdu to Jaon (14 km)
Day 8– Jaon to Shimla (210 km)
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Transport Facility from Shimla to Shimla
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Shimla to Jaon via Saharan (210 km)
Meet the team at 6:30 am in Shimla and head towards Jaon via Saharan in the pre booked vehicle. The total distance is 210 km which can be covered in 8/9 hours.
Reach Jaon and the arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
Today is acclimatization day in Jaon. Go on short hikes and explore nearby areas.
The stay will be in the same hotel.
Jaon to 13 Meel (9 km)
Post breakfast, start the trek from Jaon towards 13 Meel. The trek is long so make sure you start the day young today. Reach the destination and setup your camps there.
Salubrious food will be served with snacks and soup, then you can retire for the night.
13 Meel to Bheem Talai (9 km)
Have breakfast and head towards Bheem Talai from 13 Meel. The total distance to be covered today is 9 km which can be covered in 5/6 hours, depends on your walking speed.
Reach the campsite and enjoy food and overnight stay in tents.
Bheem Talai to Parvati Bagh (8 km)
Today, post breakfast you will be trekking towards Parvati Bagh from Bheem Talai. Walk for 8 km, take short breaks in between and reach today’s destination Parvati Bagh, brahma Kamals are the rare flowers found there in abundnace.
Camps will be already setup, have delicious food and retire for the night.
Parvati Bagh to Shrikhand Mahadev and Bhim Dawari (12 km)
Today you will be trekking to your destination “Shrikhand Mahadev”. Start the day early and walk towards Nain Sarovar, it is believed that this lake was formed by Goddess Parvati’s tears.
After a short halt at this lake, head towards the Shrikhand peak. The strenuous climb starts now, the moraines makes the ascent tough. Cross small peaks and some stone tunnels near Bheem Baiee.
After reaching the peak leave for Bhim Dawari, after a long trek reach the campsite.
Bhim Dawari to Thachdu (12 km)
After breakfast, move towards Thachdu. You can reach there after a 12 km long trek. The camps will be already setup, relax there and retire for the night.
Thachdu to Jaon (14 km)
Leave Thachdu early in the morning and enjoy the descent to Jaon. This is the last day of your trek so enjoy it to the fullest.
Arrive Jaon, the arrangements will be made in a hotel, enjoy food and overnight stay there.
Jaon to Shimla (210 km)
Today you will head back to Shimla in the pre booked vehicle.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Shimla is the last ATM point en route, withdraw money before starting of the journey.
The signal strength will be intermittent. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)