Shivling Peak Expedition
A Twin Summit Mountain – One of the Most Beautiful Mountain in India
Shivling Peak Expedition, a twin summit mountain is considered one of the most beautiful peak in the Indian Himalayas. At a very high elevation of 6543 meters above the sea level Mt Shivling is perched in Gangotri valley of Garhwal Himalayas.
Shivling Peak Expedition – “Indian Matterhorn”
The mountain top resembles Shiva Lingam, it has also been called “Indian Matterhorn” because of its unique shape. The front part can be seen from Gomukh which resembles Ganesha’s face. It is a very technically challenging expedition and it should only be tried by expert mountaineers.
Key Points of Masar Tal Trek
- Level: Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Mt Shivling Peak Expedition
Trek Fee: Rs.4,50,000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 23 Days
Best Time:May, June, September and October
Temperature:(-3°C to 15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Gangotri (3092 m) (245 km) (10/11 hours)
Day 2– Acclimatization Day
Day 3– Gangotri to Bhojbasa (3769 m) (13 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 4– Bhojbasa to Tapovan (Base Camp) (4500 m) via Gomukh
Day 5 to Day 20 – Setting up higher camps and Summit attempt
Day 21– Tapovan (BC) to Bhojbasa
Day 22– Bhojbasa to Gangotri
Day 23– Gangotri to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ Accommodation in Hotel Gangotri
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Gangotri (3092 m) (245 km) (10/11 hours)
Vehicles will be arranged for you till Gangotri, a holy city. You can reach there in 10 to 12 hours, after reaching there check in a hotel and in the evening explore the surroundings.
Ganga is the most sacred river for Hindus and Ganga Aarti is very famous in Gangotri so you can visit Aarti in the evening and then get back to Hotel.
Spend your day exploring places at Gangotri, Hindus visit this place and consider it pure today you can go to Pandavas cave and other places.
You are going for a long trek so acclimatization is very important it cures Altitude Motion sickness.
Gangotri to Bhojbasa (3769 m) (13 km) (5/6 hours)
Leave early and head towards Bhojbasa it is at an altitude of 3769 m. You will also cross Chirbasa on the way “Chir” “Pine” there are all pine trees, trek through forest section and cross a river from there you will have magnificent views of Bhagirathi peaks.
Trek through some landslide prone areas and boulder zone reach Bhojbasa is a plain terrain and the widest point of the valley. Set your tents and have comfortable stay in tents.
Bhojbasa to Tapovan (Base Camp) (4500 m) via Gomukh
Trek to Gomukh from Bhojbasa it is an easy trek. Gomukh is the source of River Ganga. The trail is steep and the climb is difficult from Gomukh to Tapovan and reaching there takes 2 hours.
Reach there and clearly see Mt. Shivling which looks extremely beautiful, witness other beautiful peaks like Mt. Meru and Bhagirtahi Peaks.
Tapovan, the base camp of this expedition is a large meadow below Mt. Shivling. Find a suitable place for camping at this pristine meadow. Place your tents, have dinner and enjoy your overnight stay in tents.
Day 5 to Day 20
Setting up higher camps and Summit attempt
From Day 5 to Day 20, load ferry and set higher camps. Continue the climb and attempt traversing the summit.
High altitude food and other meals will be provided.
Tapovan (BC) to Bhojbasa
Trek down to Bhojbasa with a short stop at Gomukh.
On arrival at Bhojbasa, rest there have salubrious food and retire for the night.
Bhojbasa to Gangotri
Descent to Gangotri, while crossing moraines walk carefully. Today gaze at the last sight of Mt. Shivling; which is considered one of the most beautiful mountain.
Reach Gangotri and the arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
Gangotri to Dehradun
After morning breakfast, leave for Dehradun.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)