Saurkundi Pass Trek
A Lake in Shape of a Frying Pan in the Himalayas
The Saurkundi Pass Trek lies in Kullu district of Himachal at an altitude of 12,800 feet. It is a great nature lovers trek because of exceptional scenic vistas. The main attraction of this trek is Saurkundi Lake, it lies amid trail to the Bara Bhangal and Kalihani Pass trek.
Meaning of ‘Saur’ is Lake and ‘Kundi’ A Frying Pan. Saurkundi together means ‘A Lake in Frying Pan’s shape’. This divine lake is dedicated to “Maharishi Shandilya”.
Highlights of Saurkundi Pass Trek
- Explore Kullu’s picturesque quaint villages.
- The religious belief! Every year devotees visit this holy lake and dip it in the sacred water.
- The panorama views of nature’s pulchritude. Kalihani Pass is visible towards the west and Indrasan towards the east. Deo Tibba can be seen with peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Shikhar Beh and many more Himalayan ranges.
Key Points of The Trek
- Level is Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg
Must Read about Saurkundi Pass Trek
Trek Fee:Contact Us
Duration: 5Days (Manali to Manali)
Temperature: Day (10°C to 20° C) Night (5°C to -2°C)
Altitude: (12,800 fee)
Best Time:May, June, September and October
Trek distance: 23 Km.
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Manali to Shangchar Base Camp
Day 2– Base Camp to Dugh (8,000 feet) (4/5 hours)
Day 3– Dugh to Longa Thach (4/5 hours)
Day 4– Longa Thach to Mahilee Thach via Saurkundi Pass (12,800 feet) (5/6 hours)
Day 5– Drive from Mahilee Thach to Shangchar and return to Manali
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Transport Facility from Manali to Manali
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Manali to Shangchar Base Camp
The vehicle will be arranged from Manali and the departure time is 6:30 am. Leave for Shangchar village, the arrangement will be made in a homestay there. Enjoy your food and night stay there.
Base Camp to Dugh (8,000 feet) (4/5 hours)
Post breakfast, head towards Dugh. It is a wide meadow, cattle can be seen grazing here at an altitude of 8000 feet. The ascent is steep through a forest cover of Apple and Deodar trees.
Exit the forest section and the wide undulating meadows welcome you. Spend your night in a home stay at Dugh.
Dugh to Longa Thach (4/5 hours)
After breakfast, start the trek to Longa Thach. Reaching the top would take 4 to 5 hours. Go through the wide blooming meadows and forests of Silver Oaks.
Reach the top, get great views of lofty Himalayas and enjoy your stay in camps.
Longa Thach to Mahilee Thach via Saurkundi Pass (12,800 feet) (5/6 hours)
Start the trek from Longa Thach to Mahilee Thach via Saurkundi Pass, it is at an altitude of 12,800 feet. Reaching there will take 5 to 6 hours.
The adorned beauty of Pir Panjal range and Dhauladhar range visible from lakeside pass will surely marvel your heart. Spend some time here and then descent to Mahille Thach, your campsite for the day. Overnight stay will be there in tents.
Drive from Mahilee Thach to Shangchar and return to Manali
Vehicle will be arranged from Mahilee to Shangchar village. From there get back to Manali.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: The last ATM point of this trek is Manali.
The connectivity will be intermittent, so finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)