Divine Vicinity of Satopanth Lake
Perched amid towering peaks, Satopanth Lake is the sacred lake lying at an elevation of 4600 m near Chaukhamba massif’s base. Start the trek from last village “Mana” and the main attraction of this place is Vasudhara falls. On this trek go through Laxmi Van which is a thick forest, reach the pristine Lake and spend time at the divine vicinity.
Story of this Lake
It is believed that Lord Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh often took bath in the waters of this Lake since then it is considered sacred and pure. Devotees believe that a holy dip in Satopanth Lake will wash away so every year thousands of people visit this place.
To reach this Lake, trek through some Himalayan villages, wide meadows with several streams en route and go through glaciated tracks. It is going to be an adventurous journey.
The great snow-capped peaks visible are Nilkanth, Swargarohini, Narayan Parbat and Balakun with some thrilling views of Chaukhamba peaks.
Key Points of Satopanth Lake Trek
- Level is Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Satopanth Lake Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.18000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 7 Days
Best Time:June, July and Sep
Summer Temperature:(12°C to 5°C) (5°C to -2°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Badrinath (335 km) (11/12 hours)
Day 2– Acclimatization Day
Day 3– Badrinath to Laxmi Van (8 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 4– Laxmi Van to Chakrateerth (10 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 5– Chakrateerth to Satopanth Lake (4600 m) and back to Laxmi Van (12 km) (8 hours)
Day 6– Laxmi Van to Badrinath
Day 7– Badrinath to Dehradun/Rishikesh
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Badrinath (335 km) (11/12 hours)
The vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun railway station, pick up time is 6:30 in the morning and the drive is towards Badrinath through Devprayag and Rudraprayag. It is a holy pilgrimage site and one of Char Dham’s.
Reach there in the evening and check in a hotel, arrangements will be made there.
This is your rest day, go on a short hike and explore the surroundings.
Badrinath to Laxmi Van (8 km) (4/5 hours)
Post breakfast the drive is towards the last village Mana, trek starts from there. After a short trek you will get the sight of Vasudhara falls which lies opposite Alaknanda River’s bank. Ascent gradually till Somtoli meadows and cross landslide prone area, now shepherd huts are visible.
Go through boulder zone to reach the campsite, there are Bhojpatra trees in abundance. The surroundings are beautiful with sight of Alkapuri glacier which lies on the opposite side. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Laxmi Van to Chakrateerth (10 km) (6/7 hours)
The trek is challenging today, head from Laxmi Van towards Chakrateerth. The ascent is sheer through scree and boulders to “Sahastradhara” which means “Thousand waterfalls”. After you climb up the valley this place offer views of Chaukhamba peaks, Balakun and Neelkanth.
Ahead cross a narrow stream and walk on the levelled ground. Now, start the steep climb, now a short trek will lead you to Chakrateerth campsite. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Chakrateerth to Satopanth Lake (4600 m) and back to Laxmi Van (12 km) (8 hours)
Start the trek early today because you will be crossing some tricky sections on the trail. Ascent to the ridge’s high point and trek along the glacier to reach serene triangular “Satopanth Lake”. Get impressive views of Chaukhambha peaks and Nilkanth.
The surroundings are beautiful, explore and relax there for some time and get back to Laxmi Van via Chakrateerth. Setup your tents there and retire for the night.
Laxmi Van to Badrinath
Descent towards Mana village and you can reach there in 3 hours. From Mana the drive is towards Badrinath, check in a hotel arrangements will be made there.
Badrinath to Dehradun/Rishikesh
Post breakfast leave for Dehradun, have your lunch en route and reach there in the evening.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile Connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Joshimath and Badrinath is the last ATM point.
The connectivity is intermittent so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)