Meaning of Satopanth in the local language is “True Path”. It is at an elevation of 7075 meters and is the second highest mountain in the Gangotri group which lies in remote region of Uttarakhand.
Satopanth Expedition Fee:
Rs 350000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 21 Days
Highest Point: (7075 m)
Best Season: Mid-May to Mid-June
Temperature: (-3°C to 20°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Medium Group
Second highest mountain in the Gangotri group
Meaning of Satopanth in the local language is “True Path”. It is at an elevation of 7075 meters and is the second highest mountain in the Gangotri group which lies in remote region of Uttarakhand. This mountain is impressively large, catching all the attention of climbers.
There are crevassed glaciers and the approach is difficult, the snow slopes and sharp ridges before summit boosts the adventure 100 times than any other expedition. You need technical knowledge to traverse this formidable mountain because while climbing you will need the proper equipment like ropes, ice axe, crampons etc.
Avid Trekkers Prepare Yourself for the Highest Peak Mt. Everest
The highest peak Mt. Everest is at an elevation of 8,848 meters and the height of Mt. Satopanth is 7075 meters. So you can prepare yourself by climbing this mountain to get good experience and knowledge for future.
The Surpassing Sights
You will get awestruck by the close views of Gangotri Glacier and Bhagirathi (II) (III), Mt. Thalay Sagar and Mt. Shivling.
Your base camp “Vasuki Tal” is a beautiful glacial Lake which resembles Snake Vasuki of Lord Shiva, the aura of this place is serene. The next base camp will be challenging and before summit there will be three more camps. You will camp around for three weeks which will give you enough memories to carry back.
Must read about Mount Satopanth
Duration – 21 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season – Mid-May to Mid-June
Level – Difficult
Highest Point – (7075 m)
Trekking distance (total) –(23 km)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant according to the season, the weather is unpredictable and can change anytime so you need to be prepared.
Temperature –(-3°C to 20°C)
Starting point – Dehradun
Day 1– Dehradun to Gangotri (3092 m)
Day 2– Acclimatization Day at Gangotri
Day 3– Gangotri to Bhojbasa (3769 m) via Chirbasa
Day 4– Bhojbasa to Nandanvan (4337 m) via Gaumukh
Day 5– Acclimatization Day at Nandanvan
Day 6– Nandanvan to Vasuki Tal (Base Camp) (4898 m)
Day 7– Acclimatization at Vasuki Tal (4898 m)
Day 8– Vasuki Tal (Base Camp) to Advance Base Camp (ABC) (5130 m)
Day 9– Acclimatization at Advance Base Camp (ABC) (5130 m)
Day 10– Advance Base Camp (Load ferry to camp 1)
Day 11– Advance Base Camp to Camp 1 (5800 m)
Day 12– Camp 1 (Load ferry to camp 2)
Day 13– Camp 1 to Camp 2 (Summit camp) (6200 m)
Day 14– Camp 2 (6200 m) to Summit (Satopanth) (7075 m) and back to Camp 2
Day 15– Reserve Day for Summit
Day 16– Camp 2 to Camp 1 (Descend)
Day 17– Camp 1 to Base Camp and from there to Advance Base Camp (ABC)
Day 18– Vasuki Tal to Nandanvan
Day 19– Nandanvan to Chirbasa
Day 20– Chirbasa to Gangotri and from there to Uttarkashi
Day 21– Uttarkashi to Dehradun
(The Itinerary is flexible and keep extra days in it, in case the weather changes.)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee including camping charges
✅ Accommodation in Hotel; Gangotri, Kedarnath and Gauri Kund on twin share or triple share basis
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ Expertise Trek Leader, fluent in English and Hindi certified in basic and advance mountaineering courses from NIM, IMF or Hanifl Centre.
✅ Experienced local guide
✅ Kitchen team
✅ All camping gear
✅ High quality camping tents, sleeping bags, mattress liner and pillow
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Micro Spikes
✅ Ice Axe
✅ Rescue Ropes
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items
❌ First day breakfast and lunch en route
❌ Last day lunch and dinner en route
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun/Rishikesh to Gangotri (3092 m)
Vehicles will be arranged for you till Gangotri, a holy city. You can reach there in 10 to 12 hours, after reaching there check in a hotel and in the evening explore the surroundings. Ganga is the most sacred river for Hindus and Ganga Aarti is very famous in Gangotri so you can visit Aarti in the evening and then return to Hotel.
- Day 2 Acclimatization Day at Gangotri
Spend your day exploring places at Gangotri, Hindus visit this place and consider it pure today you can go to Pandava cave and other places.
You are going for a long trek so acclimatization is very important it cures Altitude Motion sickness.
- Day 3 Gangotri to Bhojbasa (3769 m) via Chirbasa (3600 m)
Leave early and head towards Bhojbasa it is at an altitude of 3769 m. You will also cross Chirbasa on the way “Chir” “Pine” there are all pine trees, trek through forest section and cross a river from there you will have magnificent views of Bhagirathi peaks.
- Day 4 Bhojbasa to Nandanvan (4337 m) via Gaumukh
Nandanvan is at an altitude of 4337 metres, today you will go through the source of River Ganga that is “Gaumukh”. The trek is long but the extremely beautiful scenery awaits you.
The trail is through moraine until you cross Gangotri Glacier, trekking through this rough part is challenging but also exciting.
Cross the glacier, the climb is steep up to Nandanvan. It is your campsite and Chaturangi which means (four colours) glacier is visible located at base of Bhagirathi II.
- Day 5 Acclimatization Day at Nandanvan
Today rest or explore the surroundings. You can go to the places near Nandavanmeadow or just stare at the beautiful mountain views especially of Mt. Shivling.
- Day 6 Nandanvan to Vasuki Tal (Base Camp) (4898 m)
Vasuki Tal is the basecamp of Mt. Satopath and Mt. Vasuki. Trek along Chaturangi glacier to reach Vasuki Tal. To reach there you have to walk on rocky terrain, ascend isn’t very difficult but is long.
Vasuki Tal is all covered by the lake freezes in winters, you can see Brahma Kamaland other Himalayan flowers shining around this exciting lake. Setup your camps here and retire for the night.
- Day 7 Acclimatization at Vasuki Tal (4898 m)
Today is the Acclimatization day, you can go for a short hike near your campsite or towards another camp. Spend your night at Vasuki Tal enjoying salubrious food.
- Day 8 Vasuki Tal (Base Camp) to Advance Base Camp (ABC) (5130 m)
Today you will be trekking towards Advance Base Camp (ABC). The trek is through a narrow ridge and alongVasuki Parbat on right and Chaturangi Glacieron left.
When you come to the edge of ridge then you can have a glance of gigantic Mt. Satopanth. Walk through moraine area and reach Advance Base Camp (ABC) (5130 m).
- Day 9 Acclimatization at Advance Base Camp (ABC) (5130 m)
This day is for acclimatizing, go for a short hike gaining altitude and then return to your camp (ABC).
- Day 10 Advance Base Camp (Load ferry to camp 1)
Tomorrow is going to be a technical climb so you need to fix ropes today. After fixing return to Advance Base Camp (ABC).
- Day 11 Advance Base Camp to Camp 1 (5800 m)
Today is the beginning of technical climb, trek through a glacier and rock band be carefully walking through this area.
Now, you will need ropes to cross some sections in ascending also. Then you can reachCamp 1 which is at an altitude of 5800 metres.
- Day 12 Camp 1 (Load ferry to camp 2)
The ropes should be fixed for tomorrow’s climb. Go for a short trek at some more height and return to Camp 1. Have food and overnight stay in tents.
- Day 13 Camp 1 to Camp 2 (Summit camp) (6200 m)
Your trek starts from a steep walk for short duration further you will reach a knife ridge. The fixed ropes will help in completing this section, traversing this would take time.
Once you complete this section you will reach sharp icy part of the mountain. Then you will camp above a hanging glacier which will be your camp 2 for summit.
- Day 14 Camp 2 (6200 m) to Summit (Satopanth) (7075 m) and back to Camp 2
Today make attempt to traverse the peak and return to Camp 2.
- Day 15 At Camp 2 the day is Reserved for Summit
If you were not successful in your first attempt you can try traversing summit today from Camp 2.
- Day 16 Camp 2 to Camp 1 (Descend)
Today descend from Camp 2 to Camp 1.
- Day 17 Camp 1 to Base Camp and from there to Advance Base Camp (ABC)
Descend from Camp 1 to Base Camp and then trek down to Advance Base Camp (Vasuki Tal).
- Day 18 Vasuki Tal to Nandanvan
Have your breakfast in the pristine beauty of Vasuki Tal and trek back to Nandanvan. Reach your campsite and setup you tents in middle of the meadow. Have dinner and comfortably sleep in your tent.
- Day 19 Nandanvan to Chirbasa
Today Trek back toChirbasa, it is going to be a long trek through Bhojbasa and Gaumukh. Reach Chirbasa, walk downwards and set you camps near a river. Retire for the night in tents.
- Day 20 Chirbasa to Gangotri and from there to Uttarkashi
Post breakfast start trekking towardsGangotri, it’s the last day of this expedition, reach Gangotri spend some time there and vehicle will be arranged for you till Uttarkashi.
After reaching there check in a hotel and enjoy your food and stay there.
- Day 21 Uttarkashi to Dehradun/Rishikesh
Have good breakfast and leave early to reach Dehradun/Rishikesh on time.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Purola all the networks are available and in Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but the connectivity isn’t good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund