Sapt Kund Trek
Sapt Kund trek lies in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, it remain unnoticed and unknown since years but now we are trying to aware trekkers about its unique features.
Meaning of Sapt Kund is seven Lakes lying at a high altitude of 5200 meters above the sea level in the foothills of majestic Mt. Nanda Ghunti. It is one of the most thrilling routes in the Indian Himalayas offering enough adventure to satisfy the adrenaline rush of avid trekkers and adventurists.
Presence of Lord Shiva
These Sapt Kund Lakes are considered sacred by Hindus and holds a great significance in the mythology. It is believed that Lord Shiva lived here and in this belief, the local villagers visit Sapt Kund every year.
Get Rewards on this Trek
Sapt Kund Trek is a bit demanding but rewards every visitor with captivating landscapes, varied Flora and Fauna making itself a great hidden trekking destination in India.
Major highlight of this trek is passing through undulating meadows with endemic alpine flowers covering a long distance. This part has been hidden from many till date, so be some of the few people to explore the virgin trail of Himalayas.
Key Points of Sapt Kund Trek
- Level is Moderate to Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read About Sapt Kund lake
Trek Fee: Rs.30,000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 9 Days
Level: Moderate to Difficult
Winter Temperature:Day 5°C to 15°C) night (3°C to 5°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Must read about Sapt Kund Trek
Duration – 9 Days (Dehradun to Dehradun)
Region – Uttarakhand
Level – Moderate to Difficult
Highest Point – (5200 m)
Weather – Nights are cold and days are pleasant during the season.
Temperature – Day 5°C to 15°C) night (3°C to 5°C)
Starting point – Dehradun
Day 1- Dehradun to Ghat
Day 2 – Ghat to Ramni
Day 3 – Ramni to Dhouldhari
Day 4 – Dhouldhari to Patharkuni
Day 5 – Patharkuni to Simbe
Day 6 – Simbe to Sapt Kund and return to Patharkuni
Day 7 – Patharkuni to Peri
Day 8 – Peri to Ghat
Day 9 – Ghat to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌ On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌ Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)