Rupin Supin Trek
Traverse two heavenly valleys Rupin and Supin in a single trek. These are the least explored places in Garhwal Himalayas with surpassing mountain and valley views.
Rupin Supin Trek Fee:
Rs 10500 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 7 Days
Highest Point: (4,200 m)
Best Season: March April, May, June, July, August, September, October and winter
Level: Easy to Moderate
Summer Temperature: (5°C to 15°C)
Winter Temperature: (-2°C to -5°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Medium Group
Rupin Supin is the least explored Trek
Rupin Supin is one of the least explored treks, it lies in the north-west corner of Uttarakhand. These valleys are extremely beautiful with best scenic views. On this trek you will get the views of majestic peaks, snow covered mountains and valleys.
Walk along the Rupin River
Rupin Supin is not known much in Garhwal Himalayas but when you visit this place you will walk along the Rupin River and the trail will take you through dense pine forest across ridges.
Dynamic sceneries, explore two valleys in one trek
You will get surprises on every bend, the scenery changes on every turn. You will be delighted by the beauty of Himalayas and God’s creation. Explore two valleys in a single trek passing over high ridges. Many peaks will be visible mainly the Kinnaur Kailash range.
Key Points of Rupin Supin Trek
- Level: Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature.
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Rupin Supin Trek:-
Duration– 7 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season– March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October
Level – Easy to Moderate
Highest Point- (4200 m)
Trekking distance – (total) (41 km)
Weather – nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season.
Summer temperature– (5°C to 15°C)
Winter temperature– (-2°C to -5°C)
Starting point– Dehradun
Day 01- Dehradun to Dhaula (207 km) (7/8 hours) (1554 m)
Day 02- Himari to Sarutal (7 km) (5/6 hours) (2000 m)
Day 03 – Sarutal to Badang (8 km) (5/6 hours) (2600 m)
Day 04 – Badang to (Vijay Top) (4200 m) Pachi thach (12 Km) (5/6 hours) (3000 m.)
Day 05 – Pachi thach to Bada thach (5 km) (4/5 hours) (2700 m)
Day 06 – Bada Thach to Fhitari Village and Jakhol (9 km) (4/5 hours) same day drive to Sankri (19 km)
Day 07 – Drive from Sankri to Dehradun (210 km)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Dhaula (207 km) (7/8 hours) (1554 m)
The drive to Dhaula camp is one of the most picturesque drives in the Himalayas through Dehradun, Mussoorie, Nainbag, Damta, Nawgano, Purola, Mori and Netwar towards Tons Valley.
This basecamp is great for birding and surrounded by beautiful mountains and local villages.
You steadily gain altitude as you reach Dhaula.
- Day 2 Dhaula to Sarutal (7 km) (5/6 hours) (2000 m)
Post breakfast start your trek by following the right of river Rupin (1500 m) to Pujali and Bitri village. There are many apple orchards and fields at Bitri which lies at an altitude of 2500 m.
You can see traditional values and local life of the villagers. Wheat and cultivation of red rice is done here. Now, the trail takes you through dense pine forest from where Himachal Mountains will be visible and also Changsheel valley can be seen from the top of Bitri village.
We will setup our camps a kilometre further at a wide meadow “Sarutal”. After setting up the camps and having food retire for the night.
- Day 3 Sarutal to Badang (8 km) (5/6 hours) (2600 m)
Have breakfast at the camp and then start you trek towards Badang. A high ridge divides the valley of Rupin and Supin valley which gives panorama views of the mountains.
Towards the north you can see peaks of Himachal with amusing views of a unique mountain with 4 peaks Swargarohini. Go through dense forest sections and gradually gain height. Rupin and Supin River are visible on the meandering course, you will come across streams on the way where you can take breaks.
Badang is a green wide meadow and a great camping spot. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
- Day 4 Badang to (Vijay Top) (4200 m) Pachi thach via Vijay Top (12 Km) (5/6 hours) (3000 m)
After breakfast start your trek to Pachi thach via Vijay Top which is at a height of 4200 metres. The climb to the top is steep with some spell binding views of snow covered mountains and magnificent views of Vishkhopri, Obra valley and Khimloga Pass. Enjoy the panorama views there and then start the descent to Pachi Thach.
Descending trek is through thick forest and there is dense vegetation. Reach the campsite and explore it. After setting up the camps retire for the night.
- Day 5 Pachi thach to Bada thach (5 km) (4/5 hours) (2700 m)
The trek is through a dense forest, it’s easy and you will enjoy the trail because of its scenic beauty, trees covers the trail from both the sides. On the way you will also come across some mountain villages, meadows and wide openings.
Swargarohini peak, Bandarpooch and Kala Nag can be seen from there, on the west you can see the peaks which are around Kinnaur. Supin valley has some amazing campsites in Bada thach. This place has inherent natural beauty, explore the beauty of this place, set up your camps, enjoy scenic views and retire for the night.
- Day 6 Bada Thach to Fhitari Village and Jakhol (9 km) (4/5 hours) same day drive to Sankri (19 km)
Leave the campsite of Bada Thach, follow the trail and you will see many farms on the way, ahead is a village named Fhitari and Dhara. There is a big temple of Lord Someshwar at right of Supin River which is worshiped by the villagers.
Jakhol is the entrance to Supin valley, it is a small village. Spend some time there with villagers have a glimpse of their local lifestyle and how they work to earn their living, after that leave for Sankri by a taxi.
Overnight stay and dinner in our hotel “Swargarohini”
- Day 7 Drive from Sankri to Dehradun (210 km)
Leave early from Sankri to reach Dehradun on time.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Purola all the networks are available and in Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but the connectivity isn’t good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund