Ruinsara Lake Trek
Ruinsara Tal is a sacred Lake which lies close to the source of Supin River in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary at an altitude of 3500 metres, nestled on the foot of Mt. Kala Nag.
Ruinsara Lake Trek Fee:
Rs 13500 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 8 Days
Highest Point: (3500 m)
Best Season: March, April, May, June, Sep, Oct and Nov
Winter Temperature: (-2°C to -5°C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Summer Temperature: (5°C to 15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Medium Group
Ruinsara Tal Lies in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary
Ruinsara Tal is a sacred Lake which lies close to the source of Supin River in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary at an altitude of 3500 meters, nestled on the foot of Mt. Kala Nag. The reason of its uniqueness is the surroundings i.e. alpine grasslands and dwarf Rhododendrons.
This Tal lies amidst the pristine peaks and from there you can have magnificent views of Ruinsara Range, Mt. Kalanaa, Bandarpoonch and Swargarohini (I) (II) (III).
Trek Through Charming Villages
Trek through the beautiful old fashioned villages with a taste of simplicity with highly rich tradition and culture, there are wooden houses and the architecture of their temples are rare.
Discover Mythical Stories
This place is said to be a part of Mahabharata and locals of Har Ki Dun tell that Pandavas roamed here while they were sent out in the forests for 14 years and they went to Swargarohini via this route but only Yudhisthira and one dog were successful in reaching there.
Key Points of Ruinsara Lake Trek
- Level is Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Ruinsara Lake Trek
Duration – 8 Days (Dehradun to Dehradun)
Best Season – March, April, May, June, Sep, Oct and Nov
Level – Moderate
Highest Point – (3500 m)
Trekking distance (total) – (36 km)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Summer temperature – (5°C to 15°C)
Winter temperature – (-2°C to -5°C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Starting point – Dehradun
Day 1– Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m)
Day 2– Drive from Sankri to Taluka (11 km) Taluka to Seema (12 km) (2700 m) (4/5 hours)
Day 3– Seema to Devsu Bugyal (7 km) (3/4 hours) (3000 m)
Day 4– Devsu Bugyal to Ruinsara Lake (12 km) (6/7 hours) (3500 m)
Day 5– Explore the Surroundings
Day 6– Ruinsara Lake to Devsu Bugyal (12 km)
Day 7– Devsu Bugyal to Taluka (18 km) (6/7 hours) Drive from Taluka to Sankri
Day 8– Sankri to Dehradun (210 km) (7/8 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ Accommodation in Sankri
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m)
Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun railway station then en route towards Sankri (210 km). It takes 7-8 hours to reach there. The drive to Sankri is a picturesque one, you can see a variety of sceneries on the way.
The scenic beauty of valley attracts the visitor’s eye. You will see Yamuna River and Tons valley across the Yamuna Bridge, the crystal clear water gives a very refreshing feeling if you feel tired on the way. You get beautiful views of Mussoorie, Damta, Naugaon, Netwar and Purola on the way. These are the villages where you can see people working in fields and you can have a glimpse of their lifestyle, the combination of light and dark greenery is mesmerizing.
We cross an entry gate of Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Sankri lies there. When the Baraadsar mountain range and other snow-capped mountains are visible then you are about to reach Sankri, it will take 15-20 minutes more.
Sankri is a small village with less number of houses, there is a famous mini market of Sankri with few wooden huts serving traditional and delicious food. From here you can have a glance of some mountain ranges, it is surrounded by the mountains and the environment is pollution free, relish the beauty of Sankri. We own a hotel named “Swargarohini”, enjoy your dinner and night stay there.
- Day 2 Drive from Sankri to Taluka (11 km) Taluka to Seema (12 km) (2700 m) (4/5 hours)
After breakfast from Sankri head to Taluka by taxi and on same day trek starts towards Cheludgad camp- The trail is not in a very good condition. Trek through beautiful dense forest which is rich in Flora and Fauna and it is home to a number of animals.
Langooor families can be easily spotted near Cheludgad. The colourful Himalayan Monal, the state bird of Uttarakhand and other Himalayan birds can be spotted in this region. You can see many other rare species which are not commonly find in any other areas.
If there is not enough time to go to Chelugad camp then 2 km before Taluka there is a campsite beside a stream where you can spend your night in tents and enjoy your meal there.
- Day 3 Seema to Devsu Bugyal (7 km) (3/4 hours) (3000 m)
Trek starts in the morning after breakfast with packed lunch because the trek is long and it will take time to reach the destination, trek starts to Devsu Bugyal on a gradual ascent that offers excellent views of the snow-covered mountains and vast valleys with huge waterfalls and the sights will leave you awestruck.
There is thick dense forest and this area is home to a number of rare species of Himalayan birds, animal and flowers, and is full of birch and spruce.
The trail becomes steep and after the last steep ascent to Devsu Bugyal, when you reach there all you will see is the greenery, enlivening nature and open wide meadows which are perfect for camping. This place offers heartwarming views of Black Peak, pitch your tents and retire for the night.
- Day 4 Devsu Bugyal to Ruinsara Lake (12 km) (6/7 hours) (3500 m)
Ruinsara Lake is at a height of 3500 meters. In the morning after breakfast and with packed lunch, trek starts to Ruinsara Lake and ascending again offers mesmerizing views of the snow-capped peaks and wide valleys with huge waterfalls.
The area is home to a number of rare species of Himalayan birds and animals. Trek through the muddy path, there are some slippery areas so you have to be careful, further cross Supin over a bridge.
Ruinsara Taal is a freshwater Lake which lies amidst the pristine peaks and it is nestled on the foot of Mt. Kalanag. The region is idyllic and turns lush green after the rains of June and August. From here you can have magnificent views of Ruinsara Range, Mt. Kalanaa, Banadarpoonch and Swargarohini (I) (II) (III).
Locals of Har Ki Dun region believe that this Lake is sacred because it has stories connected to Mahabharata. There is space for camping near Lake so pitch your tents and spend your nights relaxing in camps.
- Day 5 Explore the Surroundings
Today explore this picturesque place with surroundings and after that rest in the serenity. Nearby you will find valleys and glaciers you can cross the river to visit an opposite campsite Thanga, en route to Bali Pass.
Go towards the basecamp of Black Peak and Swargarohini, the route then head towards a pass named “Dhumdar Kandi Pass” which is at an elevation of 5,490 metres and it further leads to Gangotri valley. Come back and rest at the campsite.
- Day 6 Ruinsara Lake to Devsu Bugyal (12 km)
Descend from Ruinsara Lake after having lunch, you have to follow the same route with beautiful views of snow-covered mountains and vast valleys with huge waterfalls.
Trek through dense forest, it is going to be a steep descent to Devsu Bugyal, reach this wide meadow and camp here. Setup the tents and retire for the night.
- Day 7 Devsu Bugyal to Taluka (18 km) (6/7 hours) Drive from Taluka to Sankri
From Devsu Bugyal descend all the way to reach Seema/Cheludgad then start trekking down to Taluka from where the trek started. Follow the same trail through rich forests and spot birds and Langoors on the way.
Reach Taluka, vehicles will be arranged for you and then enjoy the 11 km drive to Sankri.
- Day 8 Sankri to Dehradun (210 km) (7/8 hours)
Post breakfast leave for Dehradun and you can have lunch en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Purola all the networks are available and in Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but the connectivity isn’t good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund