Rudugaira Peak Expedition
Rudugaira Peak Expedition A Mountaineers Dream
Rudugaira Peak Expedition lies in Gangotri National Park, on exhilarating untouched route to Auden’s Col. Go through Gangotri, Gomukh; the source of River Ganga and high altitude glacial lake “Kedartal”.
Further head towards Patangni Dhar which offers extremely beautiful views of some high Himalayan peaks – Thalay Sagar, Jogin peaks, Gangotri group of peaks and Bhrigupanth.
Encounter The Untouched Beauty of Rudugaira Peak Expedition
The terrain is challenging and offers remarkable vistas of gigantic peaks which is a delight for mountaineers. Come across a variety of Fauna, spot blue sheep known as Bharal in the local dialect and a variety of beautiful Himalayan birds.
Must Read about Rudugaira Peak Expedition
Trek Fee: Rs.85000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 13 Days
Best Time:May, June, Sep and Oct
Temperature: (-3°C to 15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Gangotri (245 km) (8/9 hours)
Day 2– Gangotri to Bhoj Kharak (3780 m) (8 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 3– Bhoj Kharak to Kedar Kharak (4280 m) (5 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 4– Kedar Kharak to Kedar Tal (4912 m) (5 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 5– Acclimatization Day
Day 6– Kedartal to Patangini Dhar Base Camp
Day 7– Patangini Dhar Base Camp to Dhabba via Patangini Dhar
Day 8 to Day 11 – Rudugaira Base Camp to Rudugaira summit (5819 m) and back
Day 12– Rudugaira Base Camp to Gangotri
Day 13– Gangotri to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee including camping charges
✅ Accommodation in Hotel; Gangotri, Bhoj Kharak and Kedar Tal on twin share or triple share basis
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ Expertise Trek Leader, fluent in English and Hindi certified in basic and advance mountaineering courses from NIM, IMF or Hanifl Centre.
✅ Experienced local guide
✅ Kitchen team
✅ All camping gear
✅ High quality camping tents, sleeping bags, mattress liner and pillow
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Micro Spikes
✅ Ice Axe
✅ Rescue Ropes
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items
❌ First day breakfast and lunch en route
❌ Last day lunch and dinner en route
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Gangotri (245 km) (8/9 hours)
Vehicles will be arranged for you till Gangotri, a holy city. You can reach there in 10 to 12 hours, after reaching there check in a hotel and in the evening explore the surroundings. Ganga is the most sacred river for Hindus and Ganga Aarti is very famous in Gangotri so you can visit Aarti in the evening and then return to Hotel.
Gangotri to Bhoj Kharak (3780 m) (8 km) (5/6 hours)
Go through the forest by cross a bridge over Bhagirathi River. The ascent is steep full of loose rocks. Below the forest flows Kedar Ganga. Kedar Ganga is the source of Kedar Ganga and contribution of Lord Shiva to Bhagirathi.
The trail is difficult, go further and cross a mountain wall. The trail is narrow, so find a place to set your tents or just clear up some area. Have salubrious food and settle for the day.
Bhoj Kharak to Kedar Kharak (4280 m) (5 km) (4/5 hours)
Today the trail isn’t levelled but isn’t difficult, it is a mixture of ascents and descents. As you go higher and gain altitude the ice crystals comes into sight and the temperature decreases.
Mt. Bhrigupanth is clearly visible from Kedar Kharak, setup your tents there and enjoy your overnight stay in tents.
Kedar Kharak to Kedar Tal (4912 m) (5 km) (4/5 hours)
Kedar Tal is a glacial lake related to Hindu mythology. The trail today is mostly ascents. To reach this Lake, cross a steep ridge from where Thalyasagar peak is visible.
Descent towards the Lake. The temperature here gets low in the evening so wear enough layers. Setup your tents have dinner and comfortably sleep in tents.
Today is acclimatization day, go on short hikes nearby. Kedar Tal is fed by Thalyasagar and other peaks. Today you can explore the surroundings.
Kedartal to Patangni Dhar Base Camp
Today cross Patangini dhar ridge through boulder area which is a sheer climb. Spot Kedar Basin and other mountain ranges from the pass.
If the weather is clear Auden’s Col will also be visible. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Patangini Dhar Base Camp to Dhabba via Patangini Dhar
Start the trek from Patangini Dhar Base Camp and cross Patangini Dhar which lies at an altitude of 5100 m and connects Kedar Ganga valley with Rudugaira valley.
Head towards the campsite Dhabba, setup your camps there and retire for the night.
Day 8 to Day 11
Rudugaira Base Camp to Rudugaira summit (5819 m) and back
These days are reserved for loading ferries and climbing the summit, the starting of summit attempt will start after mid night depending on weather condition.
Rudugaira Base Camp to Gangotri
Watch sunrise from Rudugaira Base Camp and get yourself ready for a long trek. Stay in a hotel at Gangotri.
Gangotri to Dehradun
After breakfast leave for Dehradun. Have lunch en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Uttarkashi is the last point where you will find ATM.
BSNL networks will be available at Gangotri and there will be networks ahead, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)