Ronti Saddle Trek
A Saddle amid two Glorious Himalayan Peaks
Ronti Saddle Trek is accessible through Roopkund and you get a chance to enter Sheela Samudra valley after crossing Junargali Pass.
Ronti Saddle Trek lies in the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand. It is a saddle amid two glorious Himalayan peaks of Trishul and Nanda Ghunti; close to Nanda Devi Inner Sanctuary, perched at a high altitude of 17,388 feet.
Explore the Sheela Samudra Valley
Ronti Saddle Trek is accessible through Roopkund and you get a chance to enter Sheela Samudra valley after crossing Junargali Pass. Meaning of Sheela Samudra is the Sea of Rocks, this name is given to a glacier which comes down from lofty Trishul. The constant ice breaking from Mt Trishul feeds Sheela Samudra glacier.
It is a great 10 days trek for Adventure Lovers in the Himalayas.
- Most of the trail follows Mandakini River and goes through dense green forests and picturesque remote villages.
- The adorned beauty of Trishul (I, II, III), Nanda Ghunti, Dronagiri and Himalayan peaks are marvelled by the visitors.
- The path is steep with swirls and twists which makes it an adventurous trek in Uttarakhand.
Key Points of Ronti Saddle Trek
- Level: Moderate (not for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10kgs.
Must Read about Ronti Saddle Trek
Trek Fee: contact Us for this trek fee related information Kathgodam to Kathgodam
Duration: 3 Days
Altitude: (17,388 feet)
Best Time:May, June, September and October
Temperature:Day (10°C to 20° C) Night (5°C to -5°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Kathgodam to Lohajung (7,710 feet) (10/11 hours)
Day 2– Drive from Lohajung to Wan (10 km) trek to Bedni Bugyal (11,506 feet) via Ghairoli Patal (10,100 feet) (7/8 hours)
Day 3– Bedni Bugyal (11,506 feet) to Bhagwabhasa (14,100 feet) (12 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 4– Bhagwabhasa to Sheela Samudra (13,123 feet) via Roopkund (15,756 feet) and Junargali Pass (16,568 feet) (13 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 5– Sheela Samudra to Dodang (14,698 feet) (8 km) (5 hours)
Day 6– Dodang to Homkund (13,320 feet) and Ronti Saddle (17,388 feet) then return to Dodang (10 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 7– Dodang to Latakhopri (10,170 feet) (16 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 8– Dodang to Latakhopri (10,170 feet) (16 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 9– Dodang to Latakhopri (10,170 feet) (16 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 10– Lohajung to Kathgodam (10/11 hours)
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Transport Facility from Kathgodam to Kathgodam
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Kathgodam to Lohajung (7,710 feet) (10/11 hours)
The journey is of 10-11 hours from Kathgodam to Lohajung, there will be one or two breaks, have your breakfast and lunch en route. Go through the region of Kumaon and valleys of Shivalik mountain ranges.
The road takes you through picturesque places with beautiful forest and curves with mountain views in the backdrop. There is a direct road from, Gwaldam to Deval but it is damaged due to heavy rains so the other route is preferred.
Deval is a village from where one can purchase eatable items, now from Deval drive is towards Lohajung. Road to Lohajung is windy and mostly it remains cold here.
Reach todays destination and the arrangements will be made in a rest house there.
Drive from Lohajung to Wan (10 km) trek to Bedni Bugyal (11,506 feet) via Ghairoli Patal (10,100 feet) (7/8 hours)
Start the day early, post breakfast leave for Wan in the arranged vehicle. After a 10 km drive; reach Wan, it is the starting point of this trek. Halt for short time and head towards Bedni Bugyal via Ghairoli Patal.
The trail is steep, under the cover of Rhododendrons and Oaks. Reach the top in 5/6 hours and during your trek, witness the bridge over Neel Ganga. Bedni Bugyal is a wide blooming meadow with abundant of colourful flowers.
Setup your tents here and retire for the night.
Bedni Bugyal (11,506 feet) to Bhagwabhasa (14,100 feet) (12 km) (6/7 hours)
Observe the unmatched sight of high Himalayan peaks like Trishul, Chaukhamba, Nilkanth, Kedardome and Nanda Ghunti with beautiful views of snow covered peaks around.
Go through the swingy trail and reach Ghora Lotani. At a short distance lies Pathar Nachauni, it is located at the hill’s foot where Kalu Vinayak temple is present.
From Ghora Lotani Bhagwabasa lies 2 km away and it can be reached after covering an easy descend. The arrangements will be made there and the stay will be in tents.
Bhagwabhasa to Sheela Samudra (13,123 feet) via Roopkund (15,756 feet) and Junargali Pass (16,568 feet) (13 km) (6/7 hours)
Have breakfast early and head towards Roopkund, climb steadily, it will take 3 hours to reach there. Now, be prepared to walk on hard snow and cross Junargali Pass.
To cross this section, you will need ice axe and ropes which eases reaching the pass. Stand at 16,568 feet on top and witness the cosmic sight of high Himalayan peaks.
Without wasting time there, descend to Sheela Samudra and reach there in two hours. Get glimpse of Mt. Trishul and after having breakfast retire for the night.
Sheela Samudra to Dodang (14,698 feet) (8 km) (5 hours)
Cross the boulders of Sheela Samudra and today the trail will cover Nandakini River. Gradually climb upwards, walk very carefully because some parts are slippery and unmarked.
A huge boulder forming a cave marks the campsite. The camps will be pre pitched there, relax there and retire for the night.
Dodang to Homkund (13,320 feet) and Ronti Saddle (17,388 feet) then return to Dodang (10 km) (5/6 hours)
Have breakfast and leave early today, traverse sharp ridges and reach Homkund. Now get ready for traversing the sheer snowy trails to reach Ronti Saddle.
Walk on boulder trail for 2 km and then pass through the zig zag snow field. The strenuous climb and hard efforts will lead you to the destination ‘Ronti Saddle’.
The summit offers exciting close views of Ronti Peaks 1 and 2, Mt. Trishul, Dronagiri and Nanda Ghunti. After spending good time there retrace your steps and get back to Dodang.
Dodang to Latakhopri (10,170 feet) via Chandaniya Ghat (16 km) (6/7 hours)
Post breakfast, start the descent and get ready for river crossing today. After easy descending, reach Latakhopri. It lies amid dense forest.
Setup your camps there and retire for the night.
Latakhopri to Sutol (7,217 feet) (12 km) (4/5 hours)
Today descend to Sutol through the dense green forests. It is a beautiful village with some shops and houses, a temple is present there which is worshipped by villagers.
After a tough descent reach this picturesque village, talk to the locals and spend your night here.
Sutol to Ghat (4,429 feet) then Drive to Lohajung
From Sutol head towards the motorable road head. Reach there in 4 hours, the vehicle will be pre booked in which you can leave for Ghat and drive to Lohajung.
Lohajung to Kathgodam (10/11 hours)
Depart for Kathgodam and reach the Railway station by 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: The last ATM point of this trek is Kathgodam.
Networks will be available till Lohajung, there will be no networks ahead. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)