Ranglana Peak Expedition
Ranglana is nestled in the lap of Garhwal Himalayas at a height of 5554 meters. The basecamp of this expedition is “Sankri”, a small picturesque village. Ranglana “standing in the glory” can be seen from many treks of Garhwal Himalayas.
Ranglana Peak Expedition Fee:
Rs 95000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 20 Days
Highest Point: (5554 m)
Best Season: May, June, Sep
Temperature: (-2°C to -15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
A Daunting Peak in Garhwal Himalayas
Ranglana is nestled in the lap of Garhwal Himalayas at a height of 5554 meters. The base camp of this expedition is “Sankri”, a small picturesque village. Ranglana “standing in the glory” can be seen from many treks of Garhwal Himalayas. This towering peak is not scaled by many but avid mountaineers dream of scaling it.
Pass through Obra valley and Devkiyara Meadows
On this expedition you start from Sankri and pass through mesmerizingly beautiful Obra valley and Devkiyara meadows which is the highlight of this trek. Campsites are real delight on these meadows with some surpassing view of mountains.
The top offers extraordinary panorama views of other Himalayan peaks and valleys. The Saraswati mountain range will amaze by its clear spell binding views.
Climb is Difficult
The climb is steep and you should have prior experiences of high altitude Himalayan treks, proper knowledge of equipment and good mountaineering skills. A professional mountaineer and an experienced local guide with go along to resolve and overcome the challenges thrown in front.
Must read about Ranglana Peak Expedition
Duration – 20 Days (Dehradun to Dehradun)
Best Season – May, June, Sep
Level – Difficult
Highest Point – (5554 m)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant according to the season, the weather is unpredicted and can change anytime so you need to be prepared.
Temperature – (-2°C to -15°C)
Starting point – Dehradun
Day 1– Dehradun to Sankri (1920 m) (210 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 2– Drive from Sankri to Jakhol (19 km) trek to Obra (2500 m) (6 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 3– Obra to Bhawa (3500 m) (12 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 4– Bhawa to Devkiyara (4100 m) (5 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 5– Devkiyara (4100 m) to Camp 1 (4687 m)
Day 6– Acclimatization Day at Camp 1
Day 7– Camp 1 to Camp 2 (4950 m)
Day 8– Camp 2 to summit camp (Load Ferry)
Day 9– Camp 2 to summit camp
Day 10– Acclimatization day at summit camp
Day 11– Summit camp to summit attempt and descent to summit camp
Day 12, 13 and 14 are reserved for summit attempt
Day 15– Summit camp to camp 2
Day 16– Camp 2 to Camp 1
Day 17– Camp 1 to Devkiyara
Day 18– Devkiyara to Obra (3500 m) (13 km) (8 hours)
Day 19– Obra to Jakhol (6 km) (4/5 hours) Drive from Jakhol to Sankri (19 km)
Day 20– Sankri to Dehradun (1920 m) (210 km) (7/8 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee including camping charges
✅ Accommodation in Hotel; Sankri
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ Expertise Trek Leader, fluent in English and Hindi certified in basic and advance mountaineering courses from NIM, IMF or Hanifl Centre.
✅ Experienced local guide
✅ Kitchen team
✅ All camping gear
✅ High quality camping tents, sleeping bags, mattress liner and pillow
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Micro Spikes
✅ Ice Axe
✅ Rescue Ropes
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items
❌ First day breakfast and lunch en route
❌ Last day lunch and dinner en route
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Sankri (1920 m) (210 km) (7/8 hours)
Start from Dehradun railway station and you will reach Sankri in 7/8 hours. The journey is through some picturesque villages, cross the entry gate of Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Sankri lies there.
Sankri is a small village with less number of houses, there is a famous mini market of Sankri with few wooden huts serving traditional and delicious food. From here you can have a glance of some mountain ranges.
This is the base camp of many treks and your expedition, rest in hotel have food and rest for the night.
- Day 2 Drive from Sankri to Jakhol (19 km) trek to Obra (2500 m) (6 km) (4/5 hours)
Drive from Sankri to Jakhol is 19 km long and you can reach there in two hours, the greenery will accompany you all along your journey.
Jakhol is a village in Mori, from there your trek stars to Obra Gad which is 6 km away. The trail goes through beautiful Himalayan villages. People living in mountains have a total different lifestyle and traditions, knowing about their traditional values and culture can change anyone as a person. So, do communicate with them on the way as they heartily welcome you.
You will come across some fields at Baincha Thach, ahead is a small temple and the architecture is beautiful and rare. The campsite is 1 km further, it is a wide meadow with ample of space for camping. Set your tents at the place and retire for the night.
- Day 3 Obra to Bhawa (3500 m) (12 km) (5/6 hours)
Post breakfast and with packed lunch head towards Bhawa, the trek is 8 km long. Enter the dense forest and keep ascending when you exit the forest area, the lush green land opens up in front of you with some wildflowers.
This is Bhawa which is the ridge’s high point and divides the Obra valley. The views from here clear, to the north Fithari village is visible and towards right you can see Devkiyara. Setup your tents here and retire for the night.
- Day 4 Bhawa to Devkiyara (4100 m) (5 km) (4/5 hours)
Post breakfast start your trek with packed lunch, today’s trek is going to be the picturesque one, walk on the grassy slopes throughout the day.
Reach Devkiyara. It is a 4 km long meadow surrounded by the peaks. From here Daowdu and Rangnala Peak is visible.
Devkiyara meadows are beautiful stretched wide, camp here for today in the serenity. Setup your tents here and retire for the night.
- Day 5 Devkiyara (4100 m) to Camp 1 (4687 m)
Start the trek from Devkiyara to Camp 1. Campsite is at a glacier which descends from the col.
- Day 6 Acclimatization Day at Camp 1
Acclimatization is very important! Do not sleep inside your camps go for short hikes and explore the surroundings.
- Day 7 Camp 1 to Camp 2 (4950 m)
Pack everything and head towards Camp 2 which lies at an altitude of 4950 m.
- Day 8 Camp 2 to summit camp (Load Ferry)
Today load ferry from Camp 2 to summit camp and get back to Camp 2.
- Day 9 Camp 2 to summit camp
Descent a little towards Maninda valley and head forward to Summit Camp. Retire early for the night.
- Day 10 Acclimatization day at summit camp
Go on short hikes and gain altitude then get back to the campsite and rest.
- Day 11 Summit camp to summit attempt and descent to summit camp
From summit camp head towards the Ranglana’s south ridge, the climb is technically difficult and steep. Conquer the summit and relish the 360 degree views of Himalayan Peaks welcoming you.
Do not spend much time there because weather can change anytime and start the descent to summit camp.
- Day 12 Day 12, 13 and 14 are reserved for summit attempt
From Day 12, 13 and 14 these are extra days in the itinerary for summit attempt.
- Day 15 Summit camp to camp 2
Retrace the steps and get back to camp 2. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
- Day 16 Camp 2 to Camp 1
Follow the same route and get back to camp 1, rest for the night here.
- Day 17 Camp 1 to Devkiyara
Post breakfast from Camp 1 get back to the meadows of Devkiyara and camp in the serene environment here.
- Day 18 Devkiyara to Obra (3500 m) (13 km) (8 hours)
Have breakfast and start your trek with packed lunch to Obra which lie sat an altitude of 3500 metres. From Devkiyara descend till Obra which is opposite to Har Ki Dun valley. Trek through beautiful meadows and dense forest sections.
In Obra valley there is “Obra temple” which is made by the villagers and below flows Obra River, people from different villages visit this temple to worship Lord Someshwar and these people every year carry a pilgrimage from Jakhol to Obra valley.
- Day 19 Obra to Jakhol (6 km) (4/5 hours) Drive from Jakhol to Sankri (19 km)
From Obra head towards Jakhol through meadows and dense forests and you will reach Dhara you can also reach there by crossing a high ridge. On the way is a big temple of Lord Someshwar which is to the right of Supin River.
Ahead Dhara, keep trekking and you will reach Jakhol which is close to Obra Gad. Rest here and leave for Sankri, have salubrious food there and enjoy the stay in hotel Swargarohini.
- Day 20 Sankri to Dehradun (1920 m) (210 km) (7/8 hours)
Post breakfast depart to Dehradun. Have your breakfast en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Purola all the networks are available and in Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but the connectivity isn’t good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund