Vijay Top Trek
Beautiful amongst all Vijay Top is the newly explored winter trek. A gem hidden in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary of Uttarkashi at an elevation of 3878 m.
Vijay Top Trek Fee:
Rs 8000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 6 Days
Highest Points: (3878 m)
Best Season: Throughout the year
Summer Temperature: (5° C to 15° C)
Winter Temperature: (-2°C to -5° C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Review 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
A New Trek in Winters Away from Hustle and Bustle of Trekkers
Vijay Top lies at an elevation of 3878 metres in the famous Govind Wildlife Sanctuary of Uttarkashi district. It is not known much by people but this trek has all the qualities which Kedarkantha Trek possesses. But the only difference is, the trails are untouched and not traversed by many, if you want to be away from the cacophony of cities and other groups of trekkers on the trek routes, then this winter choose “Vijay Top”.
Pure Bliss for Trekkers
This trek starts from Sankri which is the base camp of more than 20+ treks, it remains busy by the hustle and bustle of trekkers. On the top of Kedarkantha there is a temple of Lord Shiva and Ganesh where spirituality can be felt. The fresh air and serene environment are enough to add this trek in your “must do” list. Villagers every year visit this place at the time of their festival to worship “Someshwar Devta”.
Excellent Views from Top
Kedarkantha (3800 m) and Vijay Top (3878 m), there is not much difference in the height of both, you will be awe struck by the sight of Kedarkantha from Vijay Top. The other views you get to see are of – Bandarpoonch, Black Peak, Swargarohini (I) (II) (III), Baraadsar Range, Phulara Ridge, Rupin and Supin valley, Kanasar Lake and Sarutal.
Go through Himalayan Villages
You will go through many small Himalayan villages which are located at high altitude but the last village you will witness on the trail is Bhitri. The beautiful wooden houses will make you want to live in them and the designer temples flaunts the beautiful architecture. The villagers cultivate their food and most of them have cows and goats, their simplicity and adjusting nature will leave you surprised by giving a want to know them more.
Key Points of Vijay Top trek
- Level is Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Winter & Post monsoon or pre-monsoon is the best time. During rains the region is prone to landslides.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
Must read about Kedarkantha Trek
Duration – 6 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season – Throughout the year
Level – Moderate
Highest Points – (3878 m)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Winter temperature –(-2°C to -5°C) (-5°C to -10°C) in winters from December to January.
Summer temperature –(5°C to 15°C)
Starting point – Dehradun Railway Station
Day 1– Dehradun to Himari (207 km) (7/8 hours) (5,100 feet)
Day 2– Himari to Sarutal (7 km) (5/6 hours) (2000 m)
Day 3– Sarutal to Badang (8 km) (5/6 hours) (2600 m)
Day 4– Badang to Vijay Top (3878 m) and back (6 hours)
Day 5– Badang to Sarutal (8 km) (5/6 hours) (2000 m)
Day 6– Sarutal to Bhitri Village and Depart to Dehradun
- Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
- (All camping gears)
- High quality tents
- Sleeping bags
- Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
- Dining Tent
- Dining table
- Kitchen team
- Radio Walky Talky for Communication
- Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Crampons and Gaiters
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
- On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
- Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Himari (207 km) (7/8 hours) (5,100 feet)
Start from Dehradun, vehicles will be arranged for you till base camp. You can have your breakfast en route at Kempty Fallaround 8:30 am and lunch atPurola.
Himari is base camp of Vijay Top at an altitude of 15548 metres. The journey is through picturesque places and then enter Tons valley. As you come close to the campsite and reach Dhaula altitude is gained, enjoy the drive the forest and greenery all around.
Reach Himari surrounded by mountains and nearby are some villages. Have food and spend your night in tents.
Himari to Sarutal (7 km) (5/6 hours) (2000 m)
Today you will go through beautiful Himalayan villages and the Bhitri is last one on trail, you can reach there by following the right of Rupin River and crossing Pujali village. The orchards and small fields are owned by villagers which can be easily seen during the trek, they cultivate Wheat and Red rice.
Except these villages there are more located upwards, the smiling faces of villagers and their greeting will make your day, Changsheel valley and mountains of Himachal are visible from the top of Bhitri. Continue trekking and enter a thick forest of pinesand reach a temple.
This is the last temple and 1 km away is a meadow which is going to be you campsite. Sarutal Lake is between the undulating meadows which looks completely unique, in winters the lake freezes. Set up your camps at this beautiful setting and rest for the night.
Sarutal to Badang (8 km) (5/6 hours) (2600 m)
Post breakfast head for Badang which is a wide green grassy land which divides two pristine valleys Rupin and Supin. It is at a high part of the ridge and offers 360 degree views.
Himachal peaks are visible towards west and do not miss the views early in the morning you will get to see something totally different. Swargarohini, the mountain with “Char Singhs” “4 peaks” is the most clear of all unique and it can be easily identified.
Now, enter the section of thick forests and gain altitude, see the flowing Rupin and Supin on west and you go towards North. Enter another section of meadows and the streams crosses the route, the water is clear and it can be used for drinking.
Reach the camping site Badang, a wide grassland with ample of space for setting camps. Choose the area and pitch your tents to spend nights comfortably.
Badang to Vijay Top (3878 m) and back (6 hours)
Today you will be reaching Vijay Top by ascending all along the journey, there are no descends. In winters the trails get covered in snow and the ascend get difficult but the adventure gets doubled and traversing the summit gives more satisfaction.
The trek is through forest, go through the trails which not many have seen and are hidden. You can spot animals traces because this is home to a number of species. As you go higher the mountain views get clearer and the first glance of the summit will push you to climb for more enthralling views.
The climb to the top is moderate but some parts are challenging because of steep ascent and snow on trail. But, once you finally climb up the first thing which your eyes would notice are the 360 degree views of Kedarkantha (3800 m), Bandarpoonch, Black Peak, Swargarohini (I) (II) (III), Baraadsar Range, Phulara Ridge, Rupin and Supin valley, Kanasar Lakeand Sarutal.
Spend some at the top and be at peace, then start descending towards the wide meadow “Badang” where you camped last night. Reach there and get a chance to stay there one more night.
Badang to Sarutal (8 km) (5/6 hours) (2000 m)
Do not miss to see the rising sun in such serene environment, have a cup of tea and let all the hostile things flow out and be totally at peace watching the pristine beauty. You will again notice Swargarohini, the beautiful mountain amongst all is staring at you with magnificent eyes.
Bid a warm goodbye to this place and head for Sarutal, again you are going to camp here. The trek is going to be descending till you reach the Tal, go through the forest sections and wide and small meadows. The beautiful sights will accompany you until you reach the campsite.
When you reach Sarutal, pitch your tents and relish the beauty of nature. Explore nearby places and then wait for delicious food to be served. After having dinner sleep comfortably in your tents.
Sarutal to Bhitri Village and Depart to Dehradun
Enjoy your last day of the trek to the fullest and take unforgettable memories back with you. Today you will again trek through “Bhitri”village.
Trek starts through a dense forest in winters trekking here becomes more fun here, cross this section and after some time of trekking you will reach the village. The villagers greeting you with “Namaste”and good wishes will make you happy. Have a look at their lifestyle many things can be learned from these people and applied in our lives.
Vehicles will be arranged for you till Dehradun.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Purola all the networks are available and in Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but the connectivity isn’t good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- If the trek is cancelled by us due to any reason (heavy snowfall, rainfall, natural disaster etc.) then the refund would not be initiated but you can go on the same trek another year.
The cancellation charges are as follows –
(No bank charges deducted will be Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90 precent cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50 precent cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refunds are initiated in 7-8 business days)