Rupin Supin Trek
Traverse two heavenly valleys Rupin and Supin in a single trek. These are one of the least explored places with surpassing mountain and valley views of majestic peaks, snow covered mountains.
Rupin Supin Trek Fee: Rs. 10500 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 7 Days
Highest Points: (3,549 m)
Best Season:March April, May, June, July, August, September, October and winter
Level: Easy to Moderate
Summer Temperature: (5° C to 15° C)
Review 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeTrekking
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
Rupin Supin is the least explored Trek
Rupin Supin is one of the least explored treks, it lies in the north-west corner of Uttarakhand on the border with Himachal Pradesh. These valleys are extremely beautiful with best scenic views. You will get the views of majestic peaks, snow covered mountains and valleys.
Walk along the Rupin River
Rupin Supin is not known much in Garhwal Himalayas but when you visit this place you will walk along the Rupin River and the trail will take you through dense pine forest across ridges.
Dynamic sceneries, explore two valleys in one trek
You will get surprises on every bend, the scenery changes it doesn’t remains same. You will be delighted by the beauty of Himalayas and God’s creation. You will explore two valleys in a single trek passing over high ridges. Many peaks will be visible mainly the Kinnaur Kailash range.
You will get many splendid views from here, these are the best divine valleys to explore.
Key Points of Rupin Supin Trek
- Level: Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature.
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Rupin Supin Trek:-
Duration– 07 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season– March April, May, June, July, August, September, October and winter
Level –Easy to Moderate
Highest Points –(3,549 m)
Trekking distance – (total) (41 km)
Weather – nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season.
Summer temperature– (Day time 5°C to 15°C)
Location Chart– Drive – Dehradun, Mussoorie, Nowgaon, Purola, Netwar, Himar, Bitri, Sarutal, Badang, Vijay Top, Pachithach, Bada thach Fhitari, Dhara, Jakhol, Sankari.
It is located in the northeastern part of uttarakhand starting from Himachal border, heading east and then south.
Starting point– Dehradun, Railway Station and (I.S.B.T)
Day 01-Dehradun Railway Station to Dhaula (Drive (207 km) (7/8 hours) (5,100 feet)
- Kempty Fall – (Breakfast) – 8:30 am
- Purola – (Lunch) – 1:30 Pm
Day 02-Himari to Sarutal (7 km) (5/6 hours) (2000 m)
Day 03 –Sarutal to Badang (8 km) (5/6 hours) (2600 m)
Day 04 –Badang to (Vijay Top) (4200 m) Pachi thach (12 Km) (5/6 hours) (3000 m.)
Day 05:-Pachi thach to Bada thach (5 km) (4/5 hours) (2700 m)
Day 06:-Bada Thach to fhitari Village) Jakhol (09 km) (4/5 hours) same day drive to Sankri (19 km) by taxi.
Day 07:-Drive from Sankri to Dehradun by taxi (210 km)
- Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
- (All camping gears)
- High quality tents
- Sleeping bags
- Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
- Dining Tent
- Dining table
- Kitchen team
- Radio Walky Talky for Communication
- Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Crampons and Gaiters
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
- On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
- Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun Railway Station to Himari (Drive (207 km) (7/8 hours) (5,100 feet)
Himari camp site is at an altitude of (5,100 feet). The drive to Himari camp is one of the most picturesque drives in the Himalayas throughDehradun, Mussoorie, Nainbagh, Damta, Naugano, Purola, Mori, Netwar, Chek post. The journey is towards Tons valley. The Rupin & Supin valley trek campsite is great for birding and surrounded by beautiful mountains and local villages
The drive to Himari camp is on beautiful mountain roads and steadily gain altitude as you reach Dhaula. Deep valleys and thick forest gives you company. There is beautiful Rupin River. You will have to reach Dehradun on your own, and from the Dehradun Railway Station transport will be organized till himari camp at an additional cost. It is approximately 8/9 hour’s drive.
Himari to Sarutal by Trek (7 km) (5/6 hours) (2000 m)
Have breakfast in the morning at camp site and then start your trek to the right of river Rupin (1500 m) to Pujali Village and to Bitri Village. You will see small fields and many apple orchards when you reach Bitri (2500 m). Sarutal is a pond at the edge.
You can see traditional values and local life of the villagers. Wheat and cultivation of red rice is done here. The trail takes you through dense pine forest and Himachal Mountains will be visible from there and Changsheel valley can be seen from top of the Bitri village.
The last village temple with its exquisite architecture dominated the landscape we will setup our camps a kilometre further in a large meadow which is wide. In night we will stay at Sarutal camps.
Sarutal to Badang by trek (8 km) (5/6 hours) ((2600 m)
Have morning breakfast at the camp and then trek starts, the area is into a bright green land. Rupin and Supin valley trek which is at a high point on the ridge dividing the Rupin and Supin valley and there you can have panorama views.
Towards the north you can see west peaks of Himachal. Early morning views from there are mesmerising. You can see Swargarohini from here (6,387 m) it is a mountain massif with four separate peaks and looks very different and enchanting.
Then the trail moves through fairly dense forest sections as we gradually gain height. We could see the Rupin and Supin River on its meandering course, winding on the valley floor far below, flowing to the west as we continued to head north.
We come across small meadows and streams on the way, which were great spots to take a break by, you can have some rest breaks if you get tired. It is a bright green landscape. After reaching Badang setup your tents and have food and overnight stay there.
Badang to (Vijay Top) (4200 m) Pachi thach by trek (12 Km) (5/6 hours) (3000 m)
After breakfast start your trek to Pachi thach which is (3,200 m) The climb to Vijay top is steep. As we move closer to our destination we can notice the snow covered mountains and have magnificent views ofVish Kupri, Obera ValleyVishkhopdi khimloga Passthese look enthralling and captures the attention of people. You will be delighted by the panoramic views.
Then trek towards Pachi thach, you will see trees and dense vegetation, it’s a long day trek, a tiring one take some breaks drink a good amount of water and reach your camps, after reaching there enjoy the scenic beauty which that place offers, relax for some time and enjoy your food and overnight stay in tents.
Pachi thach to Bada thach by trek (5 km) (4/5 hours) (2700 m)
The trek is through a dense forest, the trek isn’t tough today, it’s easy and you will enjoy the trail, as it is covered from both sides by trees. You will also come across some mountain villages and also some meadows, wide openings.
Swargarohini peak, Bandarpoochand Kala Nag can be seen from there, on the west you can see the peaks which are around Kinnaur. Supin valley has some amazing campsites in Bada thach. This place has inherent natural beauty, explore the beauty of that place, set up your camps and explore the inherent beauty of that place, enjoy scenic views.
Overnight stay and dinner in tents.
Bada Thach to (fhitari Village) Jakhol (13 km) (6/7 hours) (2,000 m) On same day drive to Sankri (19 km)
Follow trail, you will see many farms on the way and there is a village named Fhitari and Dhara and there is a big temple of lord Someshwar at right of Supin River.
Jakhol is the entrance to Supin valley, it is a small village. Spend some time there with villagers have a glimpse of local life of villagers and how they work to earn their living, after that leave for Sankri by taxi.
Overnight stay and dinner in our hotel “Swargarohini”
Drive from Sankri to Dehradun by taxi (210 km)
Our service ends here.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Purola all the networks are available and in Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but the connectivity isn’t good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- If the trek is cancelled by us due to any reason (heavy snowfall, rainfall, natural disaster etc.) then the refund would not be initiated but you can go on the same trek another year.
The cancellation charges are as follows –
(No bank charges deducted will be Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90 precent cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50 precent cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refunds are initiated in 7-8 business days)