Phulara Ridge Trek
Phulara Ridge is a delightful trek for beginners which starts from village Sankri and the panoramic views from ridge top are outstanding.
Phulara Ridge Trek Fee: Rs. 10000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 6 Days
Highest Points: (3700 m) (12300 feet)
Best Season: Throughout the year
Level: Easy to Moderate
Summer Temperature: (5° C to 15° C)
Winter Temperature: (-2°C to -5° C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Review 2 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Explored by “Himalayan Hikers” in the late 90’s
Phulara Ridge lies in the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary. As you would be knowing there are many pristine places in this sanctuary of Uttarkashi district, Phulara is one of them but unlike others it has not seen many footsteps which makes it unique amongst other places. “Himalayan Hikers” took their first group of “Woodstock school” to this divine place since then not many people have known about this hidden gem.
Winter and Summer Delight
A great thing about this place is, it has got different scenarios and charm in different seasons. It is at full bloom in the summers; the wildflowers, foliage and the sun shining in the blue sky all together makes it picture perfect but in winters the snow covering the landscapes and the all-white beauty can leave anybody praising the beauty. So you can plan to go here throughout the year.
The Attractions of this Trek
The trek starts from Sankri which is the base camp of more than 20 treks and the trail is through picturesque places and dense forests. The trees and, meadows and small clearings are a delight of the trek, Himalayan birds can be easily spotted here it is rich in Flora as well as Fauna. The other attraction of this place is stunning panorama views, stand at the ridge top and see how high mountains stand so strong.
Key Points of Phulara Ridge trek
- Level is Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Winter & Post monsoon or pre-monsoon is the best time. During rains the region is prone to landslides.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Phulara Ridge Trek
Duration – 6 Days (Dehradun to Dehradun)
Best Season – Throughout the year
Level – Easy to Moderate
Highest Points – (3700 m) (12300 feet)
Trekking distance (total) –(31 km)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Winter temperature –(-2°C to -5°C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Summer temperature –(5°C to 15°C)
Location Chart – Dehradun, Mussoorie, Kempty fall, Purola, Mori, Netwar and Sankri
Starting point – Dehradun Railway Station
Day 1– Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1950 m)
Day 2– Sankri to Sikolta (7 km) (4/5 hours) (2900 m)
Day 3– Sikolta to Bhoj Gadi (5 km) (2/3 hours) (3470 m)
Day 4– Bhoj Gadi to Pushtara Thach via Phulara Ridge (2/3 hours) (3700 m)
Day 5– Pushtara Thach to Taluka (8 km) (5 hours) and back to Sankri
Day 6– Sankri to Dehradun (210 km) (7/8 hours)
- Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
- (All camping gears)
- High quality tents
- Sleeping bags
- Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
- Dining Tent
- Dining table
- Kitchen team
- Radio Walky Talky for Communication
- Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Crampons and Gaiters
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
- On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
- Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1950 m)
Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun railway station then leaves for Sankri (210 km), it takes 7/8 hours to reach there. The drive to Sankri is a picturesque one and you will come across plethora of sceneries on the way.
The scenic beauty of valley attract the visitor’s eye. You will see Yamuna River and Tons valley across the Yamuna Bridge, the crystal clear water gives a very refreshing feeling if you feel tired on the way. Drive is through some splendid places i.e. Mussoorie, Damta, Nowgao, Netwar and Purola. These are the villages where you can see people working in fields and you can have a glimpse of their lifestyle. When you go through the forests, peep out of your window and look at the combination of dark and light greenery, it looks picture perfect.
We cross an entry gate of Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Sankri lies there. When the Baraadsar mountain range and other snow-capped mountains are visible then you are about to reach Sankri, it will take 15-20 minutes more.
Sankri is a small village with less number of houses, there is a famous mini market of Sankri with few wooden huts serving traditional and delicious food. From here you can have a glance of some mountain ranges, it is surrounded by the mountains and the environment is pollution free, relish the beauty of Sankri. We own a hotel named ”Swargarohini”, enjoy your dinner and relaxing stay there.
Sankri to Sikolta (7 km) (4/5 hours) (2900 m)
Have breakfast at hotel and leave for Sikolta, walk on the well maintained cemented road for 15 minutes with Supin Riveron left, the sound of flowing water can be heard easily and the mountain views are visible. After that the off road trek starts through dense pine forest, ascending isn’t tough. It is pleasure to walk under the shade of trees, there you can see some rare species of Himalayan birds.
At the ending you will reach Jaional Thach from this point Dhuda peak will be visible. Stand there are spot Phulara Ridge your destination of the trek, two trail bifurcates from here one goes through “Juda Ka Talab” and the other through dense forest. Choose any one and en route you will see streams flowing and further the mountain views are mesmerising.
Keep trekking for another 1 hour, take some rest breaks and reach your campsite a wide and alluring meadow “Sikolta”. There are broken huts made by shepherds and streams flow nearby which are water source for the campsite.
Sikolta to Bhoj Gadi (5 km) (2/3 hours) (3470 m)
After having a salubrious breakfast leave Sikolta and head towards Bhoj Gadi. Ascend through a forest for thirty minutes and you will reach a bridge which separates the valley. Ahead is a beautiful blooming small clearing which is named “Karsu Thach”.
From this Thach you can clearly see the receding treeline and then surprisingly sight of Kedarkantha peak welcomes you. Now you enter a different section of undulating meadows, walking on the green grass becomes a relief to your legs, from this point campsite is half an hour away.
Reach “Bhoj Gadi” a level meadow with stunning views of Kedarkantha, Vijay Top, Devkiyaara and Swargarohini the other mountain peaks are also visible from here. You can also go Kedarkantha from this campsite but it’s at a long distance. It’s up to you whether you wish to go or not, have your dinner and rest for the night.
Pushtara Thach to Taluka (8 km) (5 hours) and back to Sankri
You can clearly see Phulara Ridge from Bhoj Gadi campsite, you can reach the top in 45 minutes. You have to ascend all the way, the trek is a pleasant one because there is scenic beauty and the Himalayan birds can be spotted. Reach the ridge top and the first thing you will see is the major mountain views they look so captivating that you would keep staring at them.
The sights which can be seen from there are of Swargarohini, Kala Nag, Devkiyara, Bandarpoonch, Rangnala, Hanuman Top, Top of Sarutal, Vijay Top and Kedarkantha, they are really feast for the eyes spend time there, relish such extraordinary beauty and plan leave for Pushtara Thach. There are many ascends and descends, start trekking and cross the base of Sarutal from there you will to other side of the hill and after a short descend you will reach Pushtara Thach.
These are the wide meadows extremely beautiful with abundance of wildflowers and foliage. Many streams flow around this Thach and it’s a great place to set up camps and is a great camping spot. Further is a beautiful Lake which is formed because of the melting glaciers, you can go ahead and see that Lake or you can rest in you tents.
Ride the Elephant
Today you will go back to Sankri but first reach Taluka which is an 8 km trek. Descending till Taluka is easy but be careful while coming down hills because most of the people get their ankles twisted. You can see the change in tree line as you go downwards it increases and the shiny yellow flowers make the area beautiful.
Now enter a thick forest follow the trek leader because the trails are very confusing here and can lead you somewhere else. The Langoors are easily spotted here, hanging on trees playing with their friends. After a short trek a village is visible there you can see the cows and goats of villagers, now you are about to reach Taluka.
Reach Taluka after half an hour, it is a village having some shops from here get back to Sankri. We will arrange vehicles for you and it can 2 hours to reach the mini village of Sankri. Then go to Swargarohini, relax there and wait for delicious food. In the evening you can explore and rest in the invigorating environment of this place, watch sunset from here, Have lunch and retire for the night.
Sankri to Dehradun (210 km) (7/8 hours)
Leave Sankri after having breakfast and you can have your lunch en route. If you start your journey at 8:00 am then you can reach Dehradun between 5:30 – 6:00 pm.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Withdraw money before your journey, before Sari Ukhimath is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Sari the networks of BSNL, Vodafone and Airtel will be available, at Deoriatal the signals of BSNL and Airtel are available but the strength is weak. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- If the trek is cancelled by us due to any reason (heavy snowfall, rainfall, natural disaster etc.) then the refund would not be initiated but you can go on the same trek another year.
The cancellation charges are as follows –
(No bank charges deducted will be Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90 precent cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50 precent cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refunds are initiated in 7-8 business days)