Explore the remote areas of Himachal and Uttarakhand en route Lamkhaga Pass. The scenic places will leave you in wonder by their beauty.
Lamkhaga Pass Fee:
Rs 30000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 10 Days
Highest Points: (5281 meters)
Best Season: May, June, Sep and Oct
Summer Temperature: (5°C to 15°C)
Winter Temperature: (0°C to -15°C)
Review 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
A Tricky Pass in Garhwal region
Lamkhaga Pass is the trickiest trek in Garhwal region lying at an altitude of 5381 metres. It connects Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur to Harsil in Garhwal, this connecting pass is located near the Indo Tibetan border.
Trek through some remote areas of Himachal and Garhwal and the rich forests of Pine, Deodar and Bhojpatra and it is along the Jalindragad River till you reach the Kyarkoti meadows. On the way come across the beautiful Baspa valley. Starting point of Lamkhaga Pass trek is Harsil, a small town which is tourist attraction. The trail is steep from the start but the variety of landscapes are rewarding.
“Chitkul” the last village of Baspa Valley
Chitkul is Baspa valley’s last village, there are beautiful wooden houses of villagers and cultivated green fields. Sangla valley lies further which is one of the best part of Kinnaur. It can be done from both the sides “Harsil” and “Chitkul”, but the Chitkul side is steeper. You will be needing ropes and proper equipment from both the sides.
Key Points of Lamkhaga Pass Trek
- Level: Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Lamkhaga Pass
Duration – 10 Days Dehradun to Shimla
Best Season – May, June, Sep and Oct
Level – Difficult
Highest Points – (5281 m)
Trekking distance (total) –(23 km)
Weather – It is unpredictable and can change anytime so do keep an extra day in the itinerary
Winter temperature – (0°C to -15°C)
Summer temperature – (5°C to 15°C)
Starting point – Dehradun Railway Station
Day 1– Dehradun to Uttarkashi (1150 m) (178 km) (6 hours)
Day 2– Uttarkashi to Gangotri and Harsil (125 km) (6 hours)
Day 3– Harsil to Kyarkoti (3480 m) (14 km) (6 hours)
Day 4– Kyarkoti to Lamkhaga Pass base (4420 m) (12 km) (7 hours)
Day 5– Acclimatization Day
Day 6– Lamkhaga Pass Base to Lamkhaga Pass (5281 m) and Gundar (4415 m) (13 km) (7 hours)
Day 7– Gundar to Dumti (4035 m) (15 km) (6 hours)
Day 8– Dumti to Rani Kanda (3680 m) (9 km) (5 hours)
Day 9– Rani Kanda to Chitkul (3435 m) (9 km) (4 hours)
Day 10– Chitkul to Sangla and Shimla (280 km) (9 hours)
- Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
- (All camping gears)
- High quality tents
- Sleeping bags
- Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
- Dining Tent
- Dining table
- Kitchen team
- Radio Walky Talky for Communication
- Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Crampons and Gaiters
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
- On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
- Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun/Rishikesh to Uttarkashi (1150 m) (178 km) (6 hours)
Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun or Rishikesh then leaves for Uttarkashi through the route of Mussoorie, en route Tehri Lake is visible and you can reach Uttarkashi in 8 to 9 hours. Check in a hotel and retire for the night.
Uttarkashi to Gangotri and Harsil (125 km) (6 hours)
Post breakfast leave from Uttarkashi to Gangotri and reach Harsil, the total distance is 125 km which can be covered in 6 hours. Harsil is a picturesque town starting point of this trek.
After reaching check in a hotel and retire for the night.
Harsil to Kyarkoti (3480 m) (14 km) (6 hours)
The trek to Kyarkoti is through a dense forest and on the way you can have a glance of huge waterfalls and beautiful landscapes. Set your camps at Kyarkoti and retire for the night.
Kyarkoti to Lamkhaga Pass base (4420 m) (12 km) (7 hours)
Today the trek can become difficult if the amount of snow is more, so start the trek early, climb to Lamkhaga base is steep and need proper equipment.
The trail to the base is through a narrow valley, reach the campsite pitch your tents and retire for the night.
You can go for a short hike nearby or just rest for today. Acclimatizing is very important for the body because it prevents altitude motion sickness.
Lamkhaga Pass Base to Lamkhaga Pass (5281 m) and Gundar (4415 m) (13 km) (7 hours)
Today will be the longest and toughest day of this trek because ascend to the summit is steep. So make sure you start early, have breakfast and head further with packed lunch.
Trek through the boulder are which is very rough and you have to be very careful. After hours of trekking reach the Lamkhaga Pass which is at a height of 5281 meters. This pass is covered by snow-capped mountains and glaciers.
Stand at the top and the views of Indian Himalayas will leave you speechless and fill your heart with joy. After spending some use the ropes for descending and reach the campsite Gundar, setup the tents there, celebrate the victory and retire for the night.
Gundar to Dumti (4035 m) (15 km) (6 hours)
The trek to Dumti is long so start and have breakfast early, packed lunch will be provided which you can have in mid- point of the trek. The trail is a mixture of steep ascends and descends.
Arrive Dumti, setup your tents and have a comfortable stay there.
Dumti to Rani Kanda (3680 m) (9 km) (5 hours)
Today the trail will surprise you with its beauty, it holds many surprises for you. Get mesmerised by the inexplicable beauty of the Himalayas.
Trek though the undulating meadows with colourful wildflowers and have a glance of huge and clear waterfalls. Reach Dumti; your campsite for today, setup the tents and retire for the night.
Rani Kanda to Chitkul (3435 m) (9 km) (4 hours)
From Rani Kanda trek towards Chitkul, the last village of Baspa valley. It is located near a bank of the river. There are beautiful wooden houses and cultivated green pasturelands which together look beautiful.
After trekking for some hours reach the village, setup the tents and overnight stay in tents.
Chitkul to Sangla and Shimla (280 km) (9 hours)
Trek towards the Sangla valley which is best part of Kinnaur, Sangla is a small Himalayan village surrounded by the gigantic mountains and the Kinnaur Kailash peak stands tall amongst all.
rom here Drive to Shimla, vehicles will be arranged for you. After reaching check in a hotel and enjoy relaxing stay there.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Uttarkashi is the last point where you will find ATM.
BSNL networks will be available at Gangotri there are no other networks ahead, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- If the trek is cancelled by us due to any reason (heavy snowfall, rainfall, natural disaster etc.) then the refund would not be initiated but you can go on the same trek another year.
The cancellation charges are as follows –
(No bank charges deducted will be Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90 precent cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50 precent cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refunds are initiated in 7-8 business days)