Kuari Pass Trek
Kuari Pass is a great trek for beginners in Garhwal Himalayas. The lush green forest and meadows of this Pass will leave you enticed. it was explored by Lord Curzon.
Kuari Pass Trek Fee: Rs. 15000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 6 Days
Highest Points: (4,264)
Best Season: Throughout the year
Level: Easy to Moderate
Summer Temperature: (5° C to 15° C)
Winter Temperature: (-2°C to -5° C) (-5°C to -10°C) in winters from December to January
Review 2 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Lord Curzon Explored “Kuari Pass”
Kuari Pass was explored by Lord Curzon when the British ruled India. It is a perfect trek for beginners which lies in the Garhwal Himalayas at an elevation of 4,264 metres, if you are thinking to begin in Himalayas then you can make this trek first in you Himalayan journey.
Overwhelming sights of Himalayas
Kuari top is known for the overwhelming sights of Himalayas i.e. Trishul, Chaukhamba, Kamet, Nanda Devi peaks, Nanda Ghunti, Neelkanth, Dronagiri, Changbang, Mana, Mukut Parbat, Rishi pahad and others. The close imposing views are the real attraction of this trek.
Remote villages of Himalayas and Dense Forests
It takes you through some remote villages of Himalayas and dense forests of Deodar and Oak, these forests are the home of many animals and they can also be spotted en route. The dwarf Rhododendron trees with red colour flowers are abundantly found it the mountains. The Bugyals (meadows) are wide and undulating and it is pleasure to walk through the green pasture land.
Go through beautiful Passes
Trek is through Vinayak Pass and tail top then to Kuari Top, it is the highest point of this trek. From here Nanda Devi Massif looks beautiful amongst all and becomes the highlight
Key Points of Kuari Pass trek
- Level is Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Winter & Post monsoon or pre-monsoon is the best time. During rains the region is prone to landslides.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Kuari Pass Trek
Duration – 6 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season – Throughout the year
Level – Easy to Moderate
Highest Points – (4,264 )
Trekking distance (total) –(56 km)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Winter temperature –(-2°C to -5° C) (-5°C to -10°C) in winters from December to January
Summer temperature –(5°C to 15°C)
Starting point – Dehradun Railway Station
Day 1– Dehradun to Joshimath (10/12 hours)
Day 2– Joshimath to Dhak (6,956 feet) Dhak to Gulling (9,832 feet) (5/6 hours)
Day 3– Gulling (9,832 feet) to Khullara (10,492 feet) (4/5 hours)
Day 4– Khullara (10,492 feet) to Chitrakantha/Tali (11,032 feet) via Kuari Pass (13989 feet) (8 hours)
Day 5– Chitrakantha/Tali (11,032 feet) to Auli (8,625 feet) (4/5 hours) back to Joshimath
Day 6– Joshimath to Dehradun (10/12 hours)
- Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
- (All camping gears)
- High quality tents
- Sleeping bags
- Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
- Dining Tent
- Dining table
- Kitchen team
- Radio Walky Talky for Communication
- Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Crampons and Gaiters
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
- On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
- Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Joshimath (10/12 hours)
Leave from Dehradun in our vehicle, the drive to Joshimath is of 10/12 hours along the sacred rivers i.e. Alaknanda, Mandakini andGanga. Devprayag is en route at the confluence of river Bhagirathi and Alaknanda.
The journey won’t get boring because the sceneries change as you go further. Reach Joshimath relax in the hotel, in the evening you can explore this place and then have dinner and enjoy comfortable stay in the hotel.
Joshimath to Dhak (6,956 feet) Dhak to Gulling (9,832 feet) (5/6 hours)
Start early today and leave for Dhak village which is 12 km away from Joshimath, this is the point from where we will start the trek and here you can see the local lifestyle in close proximity.
Start ascending, it is an easy ascent and on the trail shepherded huts are visible. Then trek through the woods there you will find the trees ofOak, Deodar and Rhododendrons. Dhauli Ganga River flows below near the Hydro power plant, now you are about to reach a village named “Tugasi”trekking here would be a relief because the ground is levelled.
When you go further you will reach a ridge now you have to descend till your campsite “Gulling”. It is amidst a forest and it offers beautiful views of Chaukhamba peaks, set your tents here, have dinner and retire for the night.
Gulling (9,832 feet) to Khullara (10,492 feet) (4/5 hours)
Waking up early in themorning have mesmerising sight of Chaukhamba peaks and after having breakfast leave for Khullara. Today’s trek is an easy one but you have to ascend all the way to reach your campsite.
While ascending notice how beautiful it is to walk under the shade of trees once you cross this forest section your will see so many streams around. Continue your trek, the trail isn’t reach and you will reach.
This campsite is a forest clearing with some alluring sights of Dronagiri Mountains and Hathi Ghoda peaks. Enjoy spending a night in this peaceful place. After having dinner sleep comfortably in your tents.
Khullara (10,492 feet) to Chitrakantha/Tali (11,032 feet) via Kuari Pass (13989 feet) (8 hours)
Today is the day when you have to conquer summitby reaching the top. When you start your trek and gain altitude notice the receding treeline, ascending gets steep but once your reach the ridge top the panorama views ofHimalayan peakswill pump your adrenaline.
Nanda Devi and Mt. Trishulstare at you with their magnificent eyes. Now, go further and stand at Kuari Topwith a sense of joy and happiness, look around at every peak and praise the beauty of this place. Start descending and you will reach Kuari Pass, do not stay here for very long because a better awaits you.
Jhandi Top,climb to this top is moderate but the sights are better than Kuari Pass. Spend some time at the top in happiness of successfully completing the summit.
Chitrakanthais a Bugyal (meadow) descend through the forest and reach your campsite which has beautiful views of mountains, Dronagiri can be seen very clearly. Setup your tents at this meadow celebrate the completion, have delicious food and retire for the night.
Chitrakantha/Tali (11,032 feet) to Auli (8,625 feet) (4/5 hours) back to Joshimath
Have breakfast and today you will be going back to Joshimath. After starting the trek visit Tali Lake, the reflection of mountains on the water will amaze you. There is a steep climb from Tali to reach another trail which leads toAuli.
Reach that trail and Himalayan villages will be visible now you will come to “Gorson Bugyal” a beautiful meadow with clear and splendid views. You can rest here for some time watching the mountains, after the break descend and it will take three hours.
On the way is a temple from here and after an easy descent you will reach Upper Auli to reach main Auli you still have to trek for one hour. It is a destination of many in winters, people visit this place because the snowfall is the main attraction. Spend time here and leave for Joshimath have you dinner and relaxing stay in a hotel.
Joshimath to Dehradun (10/12 hours)
After breakfast leave early, have your lunch en route and you can reach Dehradun in 10/12 hours.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Joshimath are the last points where you will find ATM, but withdraw cash before your journey.
All networks will be available at Auli, BSNL, Vodaphone and Airtel networks are available at Gorson Bugyal but you cannot depend on the signal strength. So finish all your important calls and work before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- If the trek is cancelled by us due to any reason (heavy snowfall, rainfall, natural disaster etc.) then the refund would not be initiated but you can go on the same trek another year.
The cancellation charges are as follows –
(No bank charges deducted will be Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90 precent cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50 precent cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refunds are initiated in 7-8 business days)