Hampta Pass Trek
Hampta Pass is the fetching combination of greenery and barren lands. On this trek go through aesthetic sights and witness the amusingly changing sceneries. it is located in Himachal Pradesh and trekking starts from Manali.
Hampta Pass Trek Fee: Rs. 8000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 5 Days
Highest Points: (4300 m) (13300 ft)
Best Season: June, July, August and September
Summer Temperature: (5° C to 15° C)
Review 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Go through aesthetic places
Hampta pass is located in Himachal Pradesh and trekking starts from Manali. On the way you’ll notice the aesthetic places which will make you stare at them. The pine forests, rock faces and trees like Maple, Walnut and Oak trees can be found there in abundance.
The fetching combination greenery and barren lands
You will come across serene Hampta River, which looks crystal clear and then you will reach Chikka, this place is covered in lush greenery and is rich in foliage. There are all green valleys of Kullu and wide barren lands of Lahaul, these changes in landscapes are ravishing.
Witness the changing sights
The sights keep on changing and you would not find the sudden changes on other treks of same altitude. The Himalayan birds, waterfalls, varieties of trees and alluring landscapes will make you fall in love with the trails of Hampta Pass.
Key Points of Hampta Pass Trek
- Level: Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body is required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Winter & Post monsoon or pre-monsoon is the best time. During rains the region is prone to landslides.
- Only BSNL networks are there
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Hampta Pass Trek
Duration: 5 Days Manali to Manali
Best Season: June, July August and September
Highest Points:(4300 m) (13300 ft)
Trekking distance (total)(Total) (28 km)
Weather: Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Summer temperature: (5°C to 15°C)
Location Chart:Manali Cheeka to Balu Ka Gera Balu Ka Gera to Shea Goru via Hamta pass Shea Goru to Chatru (Chatru to Manali/Chandratal to Manali)
Starting Point: Manali base camp
Day 1: Manali to Jobra by taxi (28 km) and then trek to Cheeka
Day 2: Cheeka to Balu Ka Gera – (07 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 3: Balu Ka Gera to Shea Goru via Hampta pass – (4310 m) (9 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 4: Shea Goru to Chatru by trek (5 km) (3/4 hrs) (3000 m) drive to Chandartal (78 km) (3 hours) and back to Chatru
Day 5: Drive to Manali and visit to Rohtang Pass (13500 ft) Manali
- Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
- (All camping gears)
- High quality tents
- Sleeping bags
- Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
- Dining Tent
- Dining table
- Kitchen team
- Radio Walky Talky for Communication
- Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Crampons and Gaiters
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
- On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
- Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Arrival day Manali to Jobra Road (28km) and trek to Cheeka
Arrive Manali in the morning and meet our office member and we’ll pick up the trekkers from Manali and from there we will drive to Jobra.
Reaching Jobra will take one hour. Then the trek starts fromJobra toCheeka. The trail to Cheeka passes through beautiful Pine and Maple forests, you can also find trees of Deodar and toss, the trail is not steep, continue your trek and you will reach a wide meadow with blooming wildflowers.
The Rani Nala’s flows in the middle of meadow. There you will see cows grazing and sheeps roaming around. Cheeka campsite is at the end of the forest and it will take 2 hours to reach there.
Cheeka to Balu Ka Gera - (07 km) (4/5 hours)
Start trekking after having breakfast. Balu ka Gera is not visible from Cheeka campsite but it is a 4 hour easy ascend to Balu Ka Gera. The trail is along the banks of the river for most of the journey. The trail is an easy one and you can see trees all around the river covering a large area.
As you ascend higher the snow-capped peaks will be visible from there which looks magnificent. Now, to go further you have to cross a stream, the water is very cold and chilled. After you cross a stream you enter into an entrancing valley snowy mountains will be visible from there behind which lies Hampta Pass.
You will be crossing another valley after this, the charm of flowers will make your trek a pleasing one, and further the trail changes to rocks and snow at the end point of this trail there is your campsite Balu Ka Gera.
This place is surrounded by mountains and lush greenery, perfect for camping. Place your camps atBalu Ka Gera which is 11,010 ft. above the sea level. Have your dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Balu Ka Gera to Shea Goru via Hampta pass – (4300 m) (9 km) (6/7 hours)
The trail along the river takes you to the actual base of Hampta pass from where the actual climb begins. You have to cross two ridges to reach your destination and you will see Deo Tibba Plateau clearly visible in front.
From top of the ridge you can see another parallel ridge behind which lies Hampta Pass. From some distance of first ridge you can get panorama views of tall standing mountain peaks surrounding you.
There are some ascends and descends, which may take some time, you will get tired but you will soon reach Hampta Pass and the sceneries which Hampta Pass offers are worth the climb, after reaching there spend some time there in peace watching the majestic views from 14,100 ft. Your confidence level will surely get higher, capture those moments and memories. Then start descending to Shea Goru.
Descend is not easy it is trickier as it is extremely steep, sliding down can be the best option in snow and fun too. The open area will lead you to Shea Goru. Trek to Shea Goru is an easy one and the trail is leveled. The campsite is beside a river, enjoy there and stay in tents.
Shea Goru to Chatru (5 km) (3/4 hours) (3000 m) Drive to Chandartal (78 km) (3 hours) and then back to Chatru camp
The walk to Chatru is a gentle one but it gets tricky in some areas, and the trail gets slippery, so you need to walk very carefully. The trail continues along the river and you will see two three huge glacial flows coming down from the mountains.
You will be crossing streams to reach Chatru. Chandra river flows below, choose a good camping site beside any stream that flows through meadows.
After lunch drive fromChatru to Chandratal, it is a beautiful moon shaped lake which you must visit. Chandratal is 3 hours and 70 km away from Chatru. Camp overnight at a camping ground 4 km away from Chandra Tal enjoy you night stay and overnight stay at camps
Drive to Manali visit Rohtang Pass (13500 ft)
Depart from Chatru/Chandratal to Manali early in the morning. Vehicles will be arranged for you till Manali, you can reach there in 5-6 hours depending on the condition of the roads.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
You can withdraw your money from Manali or Prini
You will receive network till Prini, there are no networks ahead so finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- If the trek is cancelled by us due to any reason (heavy snowfall, rainfall, natural disaster etc.) then the refund would not be initiated but you can go on the same trek another year.
The cancellation charges are as follows –
(No bank charges deducted will be Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90 precent cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50 precent cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refunds are initiated in 7-8 business days)