Dodital is a sacred freshwater Lake and Ganesha’s birth place. This trek is bliss in winters because snow changes the alluring green meadows into white. it is at an altitude of 3,024m in Uttarkashi,
Dodital Trek Fee: Rs. 8500 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 7 Days
Highest Points: (4150 m)
Best Season: March ,April ,May , June, July , August ,September, October and Winters
Summer Temperature: (5° C to 15° C)
Winter Temperature: Dodital and Darwa top (-3°C to -5°C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Review 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Ultimate
Group Size Large Group
Dodital is Birthplace of Ganesha
Dodital is at an altitude of 3,024 m in Uttarkashi, it is a freshwater lake. The other name of this place is “Dhundital” it is said that this is Ganesha’s birth place so here is one Ganesha’s temple and this lake is a sacred Lake, the soothing beauty of this place leaves nothing more to be desired. It is totally surrounded by enthralling views.
This Trek becomes a Bliss in Winters
This place is rich in Flora and Fauna; you will come across different variety of blooming flowers, dense forest and streams snaking through meadows. This trek is one of the famous treks in Garhwal Himalayas. This trek is mostly done in winters because the snow changes the alluring green meadows into white.
This trek is bliss in winters, the environment here is serene. Here are some picturesque camping sites. Explore Asi ganga valley, Bhagirathi valley and Yamuna valley, this trek has variety in sceneries with extreme beauty.
The trail further goes to Darwa Top
From Dodital you can further go up to Darwa top (4,150m) this place offers magnificent views of Swargarohini range and Bandarpoonch peak. When you go on Dodital Trek you will come across local life of villagers which will help you understand their lifestyle
This is a moderate winter trek; you will get the real charm of this trek in winters so if you are looking for a moderate winter trek with beautiful scenic varieties you can choose Dodital Trek.
Key Points of Dodital trek
- Level is Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Winter & Post monsoon or pre-monsoon is the best time. During rains the region is prone to landslides.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Dodital Trek
Duration – 7 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season – March, April, May, June, July , August ,September, October and Winters
Level – Moderate
Highest Points – (4150 m)
Trekking distance (total) –(51 km)
Weather – Base nights are cold and day temperature id pleasant during the season
Winter temperature –Dodital and Darwa top (-3°C to -5°C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Summer temperature –(5°C to 15°C)
Location Chart -Dehradun, Mussoorie. Chinyali saur, Dharasu, Uttarakashi, Sangamchatti, Bhebara and Dodital
It is located in the north-eastern part of Uttarakhand starting near Himachal, China border, heading east and then south
Starting point – Dehradun Railway Station
Day 1– Dehradun Railway station to Uttarkashi (145 km) (1198 m) (5/6 hours)
Day 2– Uttarkashi to Sangam chatti (13 km) (2400 m) same day to Agoda – Bhebra (8 km)
Day 3– Bhebra to Manji – Dodital (3040 m) (15 km)
Day 4– Dodital – Explore Darawa top (5 km) (3/4 hours) (4150 m) back to camp.
Day 5– Dodital to Bhebra camp (2450 m) (15 km)
Day 6– Bhebra to Sangam chatti (8 km) Drive to Uttarkashi (13 km)
Day 7– Uttarkashi to Mussoorie /Dehradun (148 km) (7 hours)
- Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
- (All camping gears)
- High quality tents
- Sleeping bags
- Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
- Dining Tent
- Dining table
- Kitchen team
- Radio Walky Talky for Communication
- Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Crampons and Gaiters
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
- On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
- Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Uttarkashi (145 km) (1198 m) (5/6 hours)
From Dehradun we go to Rishikesh and head towards Uttarkashi on the way there is Chamba Market, Kandi Sour and on right side you can see Ganga River flowing, the road is along the river. Tehri Dam is on the way. Drive to Uttarkashi is along the rivers, you have views of beautiful valleys, and mountains can be seen throughout the journey.
On arrival to Uttarkashi have lunch somewhere in a hotel after lunch visit NIM and at evening visit the Holy temple of Lord Kashi Vishwanath and Shakti in the city.
Then Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
Uttarkashi to Sangamchatti (13 km) (2400 m) on same day to -Agoda – Bhebra camp (8 km)
Have your breakfast in the Hotel and then drive 15 km to Sangam chatty, it will take 1 hour. Start your trek, the trail is steep and thrilling it is made up of stones. Follow the trail and continue your trek, descend for 5 minutes and after that you have to climb up. There is a clear stream on the way.
As you go higher you can see snow covered mountains, then agora village is visible from a distance continue walking and you will see a waterfall just in front of welcome board of Agora village. It is a small village where you will come across many villagers who are very helpful and they greet you.
When you leave this village the trail becomes narrow and clean as villagers use this trail on daily basis so it has railings, you can have mountain views from here covered by snow, standing tall covered in white snow, deep down river flows.
To reach Bhebra there is an easy descend amd you have to cross a river, you can cross it easily with the help of rocks. Bhebra is surrounded by mountains from three sides. Setup your camps on bhebhra’s ground, dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Bhebra to Manji – Dodital (3040 m) (15 km)
From Bhebra Camp going upwards a ridge is visible which you have to climb, start your trek after reaching that ridge start your climb, the climb is of 10-15 minutes. You have to go from one mountain to the other. You will go through Pine forest under the shades of trees after 15-20 minutes a ridge will be visible from there which you have to climb, this climb is steep. When you climb up the ridge you come opposite to Bakria Top.
Keep walking upwards you will come across a stream on the way there are oak and pine trees. When the huts are visible that means you are about to reach Manjhi. These huts are of shepherds 10-15 in a row. Manjhi has big space under oak trees, there is also a stream.
Dodital is 5km away from Manjhi the trail is flat, wide and easy one, you will trek under the shade of Oak trees. In winters snow makes it tough to trek ice axe is needed. Dodital is surrounded by mountains from three sides and is spacious; there are guest houses and temples beside Dodital, you can see a stream flowing before you see Dodital. You explore temples here and at night dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Dodital Explore Darawa top (5 km) (3/4 hours) (4000 m) and back to camp
Today you can explore the Dodital valley and go to Darawa top. It’s your choice if you want to go Dawra top or stay in Dodital exploring temples and lake. We will trek to Darwa Pass with packed lunch our water bottles. Darwa top is 5 km away from Dodital and takes 3 hours to reach there.
From top of Darwa Pass you can get majestic views of Bandarpoonch and Swargarohini ranges. They look tall standing covered by snow. When you start your ascend to Darwa Pass you go through meadows which have snow patches and are covered by snow in winters and there are rhododendron trees on the side.
After that the trail becomes steep and tiring once you reach there spend good time at the Darwa Pass top absorbing 360 degree panorama view of Himalayan ranges. Have lunch there after that descend to Dodital campsite.
Reach your campsite, you will have enough time to explore the campsite now and you can visit temples and relax there. Dinner and overnight stay will be in tents at Dodital campsite.
Dodital to Bhebra (2450 m) (15 km)
Have breakfast at the camps, you can start late today as you have to trek downhill through same path of Bhebra. It will take 5-6 hours, it is an easy descend.
Return to Bhebra camp dinner and overnight stay there.
Bhebra to Sangam Chatti (8 km) Drive to Uttarkashi (13 km)
Have morning breakfast at the camp, it is an 8 km trek, the trek is downwards, you can easily cover it up in 2 to 3 hours. You will go through Agoda village.
When you reach Sangam chatti, relax for some time take a break and head towards Uttarkashi by a taxi, distance is 15 km. Have your lunch at hotel and after that in the evening visit temple of Kashi Vishwanath and Shakti.
Dinner and overnight stay in a hotel.
Uttarkashi to Mussoorie/Dehradun (148 km) (7 hours)
After breakfast leave from Uttarkashi to Mussoorie or to Dehradun by Taxi.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
You can withdraw your money from Uttarkashi
You will receive network till Prini, there are no networks ahead so finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- If the trek is cancelled by us due to any reason (heavy snowfall, rainfall, natural disaster etc.) then the refund would not be initiated but you can go on the same trek another year.
The cancellation charges are as follows –
(No bank charges deducted will be Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90 precent cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50 precent cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refunds are initiated in 7-8 business days)