Deorital Chandrashila Peak
Deoriatal Chandrashila Peak is a window into Himalaya’s spring beautiful color vibrancy. A well-loved trek for mountain goers of all kinds,
Deorital Chandrashila Peak Fee: Rs.10000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 5 Days
Highest Points: Chandrashila height (12083 feet)
Best Season: Throughout the year
Summer Temperature: Chopta (5° C to 15° C)
Winter Temperature: Chopta (-2°C to -5°C) Chandrashila (-5°C to -10°C) winter December to Jan.
Review 2 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Strenuous
Group Size Medium Group
A Divine Lake in Chopta surrounded by several Mountains
Deoria Tal is in the region of Uttarakhand named Chopta, this Tal is surrounded by snow covered mountains and is in the lush green woods, this place is highly rich in Flora and Fauna. You can get panorama views from here which are extremely beautiful, it is hard to find panorama views from places.
You can see these groups of mountains from Deoria Tal Chaukhamba, Bandarpoonch, KalaNag, Kedar range and Neel Kantha. It is believed that Bheema built this lake and many Devas have bathed in this lake which makes this lake placid.
The trail further goes to Tungnath and Chandrashila
From Deoria Tal further you can go to Tungnath and Chandrashila, it is the summit of Tunganath. Meaning of Chandrashila is “Moon Rock”. It is one of the popular treks in Uttarakand. You will go through thick dense forest covered with Rhododendron trees, the trail is beautiful you can see flowers blooming all around and in winters it gets covered by snow, there are number of species of birds in the woods, you can spot a variety of birds there.
Summit offers Panoramic views
You get the best views from summit, the close and clear view of peaks and different ranges are visible from there. Chaukhamba Peaks, Mandani parvat and Janhukut are clearly visible from there. Deoria Tal and Chandrashila Peak are the treks with beautiful scenic views, they are alluring God’s creation which a person desires. This trek is an easy one and beginners can go for it.
Key Points of Deoriatal Chandrashila Trek
- Level is Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Winter & Post monsoon or pre-monsoon is the best time. During rains the region is prone to landslides.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Deoriatal Chandrashila Trek
Duration – 5 Days (Risikesh to Risikesh)
Best Season – Throughout the year
Level – Easy
Highest Points – (3800 m) Chandrashila height (12083 feet)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Winter temperature –Chopta (-2°C to -5°C) Chandrashila (-5°C to -10°C) winter December to Jan
Summer temperature –Chopta (5°C to 15°C)
Location Chart – It is located in the north-eastern part of Uttarakhand starting close to China border, heading east and then south
Starting point – Dehradun Railway Station
Day 1– Dehradun/Rishikesh to Sari village
Day 2– Sari village to Deoria Tal
Day 3– Deoria Tal (7,841 feet) to Chopta (8,790 feet)
Day 4– Chopta (8,790 feet) to Tungnath and Chandrashila (12,083 feet) then back to Chopta
Day 5– Drive from Chopta to Dehradun / Rishikesh
- Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
- (All camping gears)
- High quality tents
- Sleeping bags
- Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
- Dining Tent
- Dining table
- Kitchen team
- Radio Walky Talky for Communication
- Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Crampons and Gaiters
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
- On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
- Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun/Rishikesh to Sari village
Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun/Rishikesh and en routes to Sari village. You will have your breakfast in Rishikesh/ Shivpuri at 8:30 am and lunch around 1:30 pm on the way.
Drive is about 8 hours’. The drive is along the rivers like Ganga, Alaknanda and Mandakini. You pass through Devprayag and the drive is a beautiful one as you are driving along the rivers and beautiful places.
Reach Sari village, Sari has only 100 houses and it is a beautiful small village, if you reach there on time you can go to the village and have a glimpse of local life of villagers and their traditional values, you can talk to them and know about how they work for their livelihood as life of people living in mountains is very different. There are paddy fields in this village, explore this area if you want or you can rest in your tents. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Sari village (6,625 feet) to Deoria Tal (7,855 feet)
Start your trek after having breakfast, the trail from Sari is well defined, it is maintained and is made up by rocks when you go further you can see some houses and a temple on the way.
After sometime the trail will get steep and when you go higher you can have a glance ofChandrashil Peakand tungnath temple as the forest is cleared. As you go higher on the mountain you will see a Hawa Ghar made up by forest department, so that people going higher can relax there and can enjoy the views from there so you can rest there for some-time and relish the beauty of that place.
Now, the trail is covered by Rhododendrons and Maple trees, walk under the shade of trees, continue walking, you will get some valley views as you come nearer to your destination. Walk downhill and you will reachDeoriatal, you can see the flowers blooming, birds chirping as there are a variety of Himalayan birds there. Alluring greenery will relax your mind.
Explore Deoriatal, this place offers majestic panorama view of mountains, you can see Mt. Chaukhamba in the background. Setup your tents beside Deoriatal have hot lunch and enjoy Dinner and night stay in tents.
Deoriatal (7,841 feet) to Chopta (8,790 feet) visit Rohini Bugyal
Chopta is surrounded meadows and there are lush green woods and this place offers enthralling views of Himalayan ranges, it attracts people and it is base of treks like Chopta and Chandrashila.
Start your trek, you will be walking through a forest of Rhododendrons and Maple, the forest is beautiful, there are fallen leaves on the trail which makes sound when you walk over them, Chaukhamba peaks and Kedar Dome can be seen through the trees. When you come to an end of the forest from there you can see Chandrashila Peak in front of you.
Ascent ahead and you will get the both side valley views, further is Jhandi Dhar at the top of the ridge and from there you can get the panorama views. Then descent to forest ridge you can easily come downhill, the Chopta forest is dense and animals thrive in this region.
You will spot many birds on the way. One way goes to Chopta and Rohini Bugyal, go on that trail, and climb higher when forest ends you will see Chandrashila peak welcoming you in front. Now, you have to cross second forest ridge.
Continue your trek re- enter a forest and after ascending Rohini Bugyal is few minutes away, it is a meadow with blooming flowers and some enchanting views, this place is picturesque.
Kedardome and Kala Parvat peaks are visible from here. Now, cross Rohini Bugyal ridge and get on the trail of Chopta. Keep going on that trail when you go higher the valley views gets better then you come to a meadow where you can see huts from there Chopta campsite isn’t far. Reach there it is a beautiful place for camping, place your camps there and enjoy dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Chopta (8,790 feet) to Tungnath and Chandrashila (12,083 feet) then back to Chopta camp 4/5 hours
Chopta to Tungnath the trail is cemented but the climb is steep, Tungnath is 2 km away from Chopta and you will get 2 km cemented trail to reach there. On the way you will see an open temple, from here Chandrashila Peak and Tungnath temple will be visible.
Tungnath is half kilometres away from here and Chandrashila Peak is 1.5metres away from the temple and the climb is very steep. Continue walking on the cemented trail there are bends complete the last bend and you will reach Tungnath temple. It is the only temple which is located at this much height, it is one of the Panch Kedar’s and this place is steeped in mythology, this makes this trek more interesting.
Now, climb to Chandrashila it is a gradual ascent, it will take 1 hour to reach there, but when you reach there you will get panorama view of mountains of Kumaon and Garhwal. Some extremely beautiful mountains are visible from the top they are- Gangotri ranges, Jahankut, Chaukhamba, Kedardome, Dunagiri and many more ranges, they look so beautiful all together that it becomes tough to get eyes off from them.
There is one more Lord Shiva’s temple which was built by Rama. Now, trek back to Chopta from the same route. It will take less time to descend.
Chopta to Dehradun/Rishikesh
Drive from Chopta to Dehradun/Rishikesh, you will reach Dehradun between 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Withdraw money before your journey, before Sari Ukhimath is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Sari the networks of BSNL, Vodafone and Airtel will be available, at Deoriatal the signals of BSNL and Airtel are available but the strength is weak. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- If the trek is cancelled by us due to any reason (heavy snowfall, rainfall, natural disaster etc.) then the refund would not be initiated but you can go on the same trek another year.
The cancellation charges are as follows –
(No bank charges deducted will be Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90 precent cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50 precent cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refunds are initiated in 7-8 business days)