Prashar Lake of Himachal Pradesh
Prashar Lake is a glacial Lake which lies in Himachal Pradesh at an altitude of 8,900 feet surrounded by Dhauladhar ranges nestled in Kullu valley.
This Lake hides in Himachal Pradesh’s Mandi district, the amazing trails through dense forests of Oaks, Pines and Rhododendrons with small rivulets seeks the attention of many.
Stress buster trek
On this trek enjoy Himachali culture by trekking through some old villages. The temple near Prashar Lake is dedicated to sage Prasar and it is built in unique architecture (Himachali). On the way views of Kinnaur ranges, Dhauladhar ranges and Pir Pranjal will leave you speechless. This is a short two days trek, go with your friends or family to spend some time together away from the cacophony of your routine.
Key Points of Prashar Lake Trek
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature.
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Parashar Lake Trek:-
Trek Fee:Rs 2800 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Mandi to Mandi)
Duration: 2 Days
Summer Temperature: (12°C to 18°C) (0°C to 7°C)
Altitude: (8900 feet)
Best Time:Throughout the year
Trek distance: 23 Km.
Level: Easy to Moderate
Winter Temperature: (-2°C to -5°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 01- Drive from Mandi to Kantlu (6050 feet) (1.5 hour) and trek to Prashar Lake (8900 feet) (4/5 hours)
Day 02- Prashar Lake (8900 feet) to Mandi via Kantlu (3/4 hours) (7.8 km)
✅ Transport facility from Mandi to Mandi
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Drive from Mandi to Kantlu (6050 feet) (1.5 hour) and trek to Prashar Lake (8900 feet) (7 km) (4/5 hours)
Reach Mandi in the morning, the vehicle will be arranged and the drive is towards Kantlu by passing through peaceful roads and Baggi village. Kantlu is a village and starting point of this trek and you can arrive there in 1.5 hour.
Start ascending, enter a jungle full of Rhododendrons and the trail gets levelled. En route spot views of Dhaundhar range and pass by a small clearing with some oak trees around. The views of Hanuman tibba, Manali peak, Friendship peak, Ratni Tibba, Kap chuli, Dhauladhar, Triund and Mukila awaits ahead.
Come across some houses before reaching Prashar Lake, after a short trek the Lake will come into sight, it is fenced so that nobody enters it. There is a temple nearby with unique and traditional architecture dedicated to sage Prashar.
Further is a dormitory go there and the mountain views are very clear from above especially of Dharmsura and Papsura.
Prashar Lake (8900 feet) to Mandi via Kantlu (3/4 hours) (7.8 km)
Do not miss the sunrise from this spot, the snow covered peaks look highly attractive when the sunrays fall on them.
Descent through dense forests of Oaks, Pines and Rhododendrons. Get exotic views of Mukila, Hanuman tibba and Dhauladhar range on the way.
Reach Kantlu village and from here the drive is towards Mandi.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Mandi is the last point where you will find ATM.
There will be no networks during the trek. The connectivity is intermittent during the trek so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)