Pindari Glacier is a famous trekking destination because of the thrills and adventure which it offers. The divine surroundings are enough to make you awe struck and attracts many trekkers and avid mountaineers.
Pindari Glacier Trek:
Rs 14,500 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Kathgodam to Kathgodam)
Duration: 7 Days
Highest Point: (12300 feet)
Best Season: May, June, September and October
Summer Temperature: (5°C to 12°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Pindari Glacier Lies In The Kumaon Himalayas Of Uttarakhand
Lying at an altitude of 12300 feet in the Kumaon Himalayas of Uttarakhand, Pindari Glacier is a famous trekking destination because of the thrills and adventure which it offers. The divine surroundings are enough to make you awe struck and attracts many trekkers and avid mountaineers.
Cross Dhakuri Pass en route, a small pass which offers stunning views of Dhakri Khal and other snow covered peaks. From these mountains the southern rim of Nanda Devi Sanctuary is formed.
The Charms Of This Trek
The mountain views are amazing and the gushing rivulets, cascading waterfalls and alluring green meadows adds beauty making this place perfect god’s creation. Passing through the forest of Rhododendrons and spot blooming flowers. Explore the local villages and get to know their rich culture.
Key Points of Pindari Glacier Trek
- Level: Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kgs.
Must Read about Pindari Glacier Trek
Duration – 7 days (Kathgodam to Kathgodam)
Best Season – May, June, September and October
Level – Moderate
Highest Point – (12300 feet)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season.
Summer temperature – (5°C to 12°C)
Starting point – Kathgodam
Day 1– Kathgodam to Loharket (5500 feet) (180 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 2– Drive from Loharkhet to Kahrkia (7400 feet) and trek to Khati (7300 feet)
Day 3– Khati to Dwali (8600 feet) (13 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 4– Dwali to Phurkia (10500 feet) (5 km) (3 hours)
Day 5– Phurkia to Zero Point Pindari Glacier (12300 m) and back to Phurkia (16 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 6– Phurkia to Khati via Dwali (7300 feet) (18 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 7– Khati to Kharkia (4 km) (1 hour) and back to Kathgodam (180 km) (7/8 hours)
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Kathgodam to Loharkhet (5500 feet) (180 km) (7/8 hours)
The pick-up will be from Kathgodam Railway Station, have breakfast en route. The drive is through beautiful places i.e. Bheem Tal, Almora, Bageshwar and Kapot.
The drive is a scenic one, peep out of your window and have a look at lush greenery all around. Reach Loharkhet and the arrangements will be made in a guest house there.
- Day 2 Drive from Loharkhet to Kahrkia (7400 feet) (3 hours) and trek to Khati (7300 feet) (1 hour)
Have breakfast at Loharkhet and then the drive is towards Kahrkia, it is the last village on road and starting point of this trek. From Kahrkia, Khati can be reached in an hour.
Go through the mesmerising trail with Rhododendrons and Oaks on both the sides. Walk under the shade of trees, this dense forest is different from others because of its charm and tranquillity. Reach Khati; a great campsite because it has ravishing views to offer.
The great peaks – Nandakot, Laspadhura and Nandabaner are clearly visible from Khati. Explore the area in leisure time. Have sumptuous food and settle for the day.
- Day 3 Khati to Dwali (8600 feet) (13 km) (6/7 hours)
Today is a long trek so make sure you have enough breakfast to remain energized. Start early, move further and after few steps come across first water point; a stream. The trail is a mixture of ascents and descents, be careful because some areas are slippery.
Look back and relish the sight of entire Khati village. Descent and see Dwali on the opposite side of river, from there the Pindari valley is visible towards the left and Kafni valley towards the right.
The village is meeting point of both the rivers; Pindari and Kafni. Setup your camps at the ground of Dwali and settle for the day.
- Day 4 Dwali to Phurkia (10500 feet) (5 km) (3 hours)
From Dwali to Pukhria the terrain snakes through the forest of Rhododendrons and Pindari River can be seen flowing below. On a clear weather day, Nanda Devi and Mt. Nanda Khat are clearly visible.
Come across a meadow where the Himalayan Ibex are common to find. Ahead are some beautiful forest clearings which looks extremely beautiful.
Today, enjoy crossing glacial streams. Here the hard snow is also found in the months of April and May. Reach the campsite; Phurkia. Pitch your tents and retire for the night.
- Day 5 Phurkia to Zero Point Pindari Glacier (12300 m) and back to Phurkia (16 km) (7/8 hours)
The trek to Pindari Glacier is a thrilling and adventurous one. Start the day early because you have to return and it will again take 3 to 4 hours. The trail offers scenic sights with just mind blowing clear views of Mt. Nandakhat. Ahead snow patches appear, be careful because they remain slippery.
Have a look at snow covered peak, Mt. Bauljuri. The path is tricky towards the valley, cross this section carefully and start climbing the ridge. From here, the Pindari Glacier on the left comes into sight with Changuch looming in the background.
With Pindari Glacier the whole snow clad peaks shine in the glory. Plan the return, retrace your steps and get back to Phurkia campsite. Descending takes less time, reach the campsite and wait for the delicious food to be served then retire for the night.
- Day 6 Phurkia to Khati via Dwali (7300 feet) (18 km) (7/8 hours)
Today is the longest trekking day, it is 18 km from Phurkia to Khati. Descent to Dwali and after a 4 to 5 hours hike reach Khati. Setup your camps, have sumptuous food and retire for the night.
- Day 7 Khati to Kharkia (4 km) (1 hour) and back to Kathgodam (180 km) (7/8 hours)
Khati to Kharkia, the distance is 4 km but the descent is easy so it can be reached in 1 hour. Vehicles will be arranged so leave early to reach Kathgodam on time.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)