Phulara Ridge Trek
Explored by “Himalayan Hikers” in the late 90’s
Phulara Ridge lies in the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary. As you would be knowing there are many pristine treks in this this sanctuary of Uttarkashi district, Phulara is one of them!
it is the rare ridge trek in Uttarakhand but unlike others it has not seen many footsteps which differentiates it from other places.
“Himalayan Hikers” took their first group of “Woodstock school” to this idyllic place since then not many people have known about this hidden gem in the Himalayas .
Winter and Summer Delight
Therefore, a great thing about Phulara Ridge trek is, it has got different charm in different seasons. It can be seen at full bloom in summers; the wildflowers, foliage and the sun shining in the blue sky all together makes the scenery picture perfect.
But, in winters the snow covering the landscapes and the all-white beauty can leave anybody praising it.So, it is one of those treks which can be done throughout the year.
The Attractions of this Trek
– The trek starts from Sankri which is the base camp of more than 20 treks.
– During the trek pass through verdant forests extremely rich in Flora and Fauna.
– Small clearings on the way are surprisingly beautiful.
– Above all, panorama views of Himalayan peaks are the main attraction of Phulara Ridge trek.
– Thus, summit offers exotic views of Swargarohini, Kala Nag, Devkiyara, Bandarpoonch, Rangnala, Hanuman Top, Top of Sarutal, Vijay Top and Kedarkantha.
Key Points of Phulara Ridge trek
Level: Easy to Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
During the trek proper conditioning & training of body required
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
Shoes are the single most important equipment.
High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Phulara Ridge Trek
Phulara Ridge Trek Fee:
Rs 10000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 6 Days
Highest Point: (3700 m)
Best Time: Throughout the year
Level: Easy to Moderate
Summer Temperature: Day (5° C to 15° C) Night (2°C to -5°C)
Winter Temperature: Day (-2°C to -5° C) Night (-5°C to -10°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Medium Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Sankri (1920 m)(210 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 2– Sankri to Sikolta (2900 m) (7 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 3– Sikolta to Bhoj Gadi (3470 m) (5 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 4– Bhoj Gadi to Pushtara Thach via Phulara Ridge (3700 m)(5/6 hours)
Day 5– Pushtara Thach to Taluka (8 km) (4/5 hours) and back to Sankri
Day 6– Sankri to Dehradun (210 km) (7/8 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Sankri (1920 m)(210 km) (7/8 hours)
The journey starts from Dehradun and passes through some beautiful places like Mussoorie, Damta, Naogaon, Netwar and Purola.
Enter Govind Wildlife Sanctuary of Uttarkashi and ahead get glimpses of picturesque snow covered mountains and Baraadsar range welcoming you.
Reach Sankri, it is the basecamp of Phulara Ridge and 20 more Himalayan treks. There are few houses and a mini market with some hotels and wooden huts. This small village bustles with the presence of trekkers and attracts tourist every year.
Today, your arrangements will be made in Swargarohini hotel.
- Day 2 Sankri to Sikolta (2900 m) (7 km) (5/6 hours)
Have breakfast at hotel and leave for Sikolta, walk on a well maintained cemented road for 15 minutes with Supin River on left.
Ascent through dense pine forest and it is pleasure to walk under the shade of trees, there you can spot some rare species of Himalayan birds.
At the ending you will reach Jaional Thach which offers views of Dhuda peak. Stand there and spot Phulara Ridge your destination.
Now, the trail bifurcates, one goes through “Juda Ka Talab” and the other through dense forests. Ahead streams and splendid mountain views await you!
Keep trekking for another 1 hour, take some rest breaks and reach your campsite. It is a wide and alluring meadow “Sikolta”. There are broken shepherd huts and multiple streams flow nearby.
- Day 3 Sikolta to Bhoj Gadi (3470 m) (5 km) (4/5 hours)
After having a salubrious breakfast leave Sikolta and head towards Bhoj Gadi.
Climb through a forest for thirty minutes and you will reach a bridge which separates the valley. Ahead is a beautiful blooming small clearing named “Karsu Thach”.
From this Thach you can clearly see the receding treeline and the surprising sight of Kedarkantha peak welcomes you. Now, enter a different section of undulating meadows, from this point campsite lies half an hour away.
Reach “Bhoj Gadi” a levelled meadow with stunning views of Kedarkantha, Vijay Top, Devkiyaara and Swargarohini.
Kedarkantha from this campsite is at a long but walkable distance. It’s your wish to go there. Have your dinner and rest for the night.
- Day 4 Bhoj Gadi to Pushtara Thach via Phulara Ridge (3700 m)(5/6 hours)
Phulara Ridge is clearly visible from Bhoj Gadi campsite and you can reach the top in 45 minutes.
Today, the climb will be a a pleasant one because of scenic vistas and rich Flora and Fauna, spot rare Himalayan birds on the way. After a steep ascent reach the ridge top and witness majestic panorama views of high Himalayan peaks.
The peaks which can be clearly seen from the ridge top are – Swargarohini, Kala Nag, Devkiyara, Bandarpoonch, Rangnala, Hanuman Top, Top of Sarutal, Vijay Top and Kedarkantha. They altogether are feast for the eyes.
Spend time there, relish such extraordinary sight and surrounding then leave for Pushtara Thach. The trail is a mixture of ascents and descents.
Cross the base of Sarutal and reach the other side of the hill. After a short descent from here reach Pushtara Thach.
There are lavish wide meadows with abundant of wildflowers and foliage. Multiple streams flow around this Thach and it’s a great camping spot.
Further is a beautiful Lake, formed by the melting glaciers, go ahead and explore the Lake area or rest in your tents.
- Day 5 Pushtara Thach to Taluka (8 km) (4/5 hours) and back to Sankri
Today you will get back to Sankri but via Taluka.
Descent till Taluka is easy but be careful while coming down hills because most of the people get their ankles twisted.
Enter a thick forest, the trails are very confusing so follow your guide. The Langoors are easily spotted here hanging from trees to trees.
After a short trek, come across a village and you can see there are cows and goats at every house.
Reach Taluka after half an hour, it is a village with some shops. Vehicle will be arranged from here to reach Sankri and the arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
- Day 6 Sankri to Dehradun (210 km) (7/8 hours)
Post breakfast, depart to Dehardun.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Withdraw money before your journey, before Sari Ukhimath is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Sari the networks of BSNL, Vodafone and Airtel will be available, at Deoriatal the signals of BSNL and Airtel are available but the strength is weak. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund