Patalsu Peak Trek
A Famous Peak in Manali
Patalsu Peak Trek , perched at a height of 13800 feet is a famous peak in Manali. The starting point of this trek is Solang valley and the gradient is easy to moderate, even beginners can try this to start in Himalayas.
Go through the open grasslands and mixed forests of deodar, oaks and pines. Spot Himalayan Monal and Pheasant with other species of birds present there.
From campsites grab the extraordinary 360 degree views of whole Kullu valley, Manali Peak, Friendship peak and Hanuman Tibba.
On the way the Beas Kund peaks are visible and the summit offers exciting sight of towering snow covered mountains with Lahaul and Spiti valley.
Key Points of Patalsu Peak Trek
- Level: Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature.
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Patalsu Peak Trek:-
Trek Fee:Rs 8000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Manali to Manali)
Duration: 4 Days
Temperature: (0°C to 15°C)
Altitude: ((13800 feet))
Best Time:April, May, Sep and Oct
Trek distance: 23 Km.
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 01- Manali to Solang (14 km) and trek to Shagadugh (9700 feet) (3 km)
Day 02- Shagadugh to Base Camp (11000 feet) (2 km)
Day 03- Base Camp to Patalsu summit (13800 feet) and return to Shagadugh
Day 04- Shagadugh to Solang (3 km) and Drive to Manali (14 km)
✅ Transport facility from Manali to Manali
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌ On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌ Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Manali to Solang (14 km) and trek to Shagadugh (9700 feet) (3 km)
The vehicle will be arranged from Manali and the departure time is 6:30 am. Enjoy the short drive towards Solang valley, it is the starting point of this trek.
Start the trek to wide meadows of Shagadugh, reach there by passing through dense oak and pine forests. Reach the open grounds, setup your camps there and retire for the night.
Shagadugh to Base Camp (11000 feet) (2 km)
Today is the shortest day of trekking. Post breakfast, head towards Base camp which lies at an elevation of 11000 feet.
Setup your camps and for acclimatization go for a short hike in the evening.
Base Camp to Patalsu summit (13800 feet) and return to Shagadugh
Start the day young today and head towards the Patalsu summit (13800 feet). Go through the vibrant meadows at the peak’s base and cross the steep sections.
The last ridge climb will to the summit. Reach there and feast your eyes with the views of magnificent Beas Kund peaks. After spending some time there retrace your steps to Shagadugh.
Shagadugh to Solang (3 km) and Drive to Manali (14 km)
Today is the last trekking day. Descent to Solang village from there get back to Manali in the arranged vehicle.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Manali is the last point where you will find ATM but it doesn’t have cash most of the time, so withdraw cash before your journey.
In the mountains, connectivity gets intermittent do not rely on the signal strength. So, make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)