Parang La Trek the famous Trekking routes in Ladakh – Spiti Valley
Starting of Parang La Trek is Spiti valley and in ancient time people used it as a trade route between Spiti, Tibet and Changthang, lying at a great height of 5,600 metres.
Trek through the amazing beauty of Ladakh, Parang La Trek is a famous trekking destination in the Ladakh Spiti valley.
- On the trail you will witness adorable scenic sights of valleys and towering snow clad mountains of Spiti.
- There are many streams throughout the trek and you will love walking on the river bed.
- With a rich variety of Flora and Fauna experience the change by trekking through barren lands and rocky areas.
- Reach Karzok and meet new people with different culture and preferences.
- The summit offers unparalleled views of Changthang valleys, Spiti and Parilungi peak. On the way enjoy the views of Kanamo Peak.
Key Points of Parang La Trek
Proper conditioning & training of body required
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
Shoes are the single most important equipment.
High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 10kgs.
Must Read about Parang La Trek
Duration:12 Days (Manali to Leh)
Best Season:After Mid June and Mid Sep
Highest Point: 5600 metres
Weather:Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season.
Temperature:(5°C to 10°C) (-2°C to -5°C)
Short Itinerary Parang La Trek
Day 1 – Manali to Kaza (202 km)
Day 2 – Kaza to Chicham (18 km) Acclimatization Day at Chicham (4270 m)
Day 3 – Acclimatization Day at Chicham
Day 4 – Chicham to Thaltak (4693 m) (8 km)
Day 5 – Thaltak to Borochin (5100 m) (12 km)
Day 6 – Borochin to Kharsa Yongma (4850 m) via Parang La (5100 m) (14 km)
Day 7 – Kharsa Yongma to Kapapuche (4700 m) (20 km)
Day 8 – Kapapuche to Kitpodansa (4550 m) (20 km)
Day 9 – Kitpodansa to Chumik Shilde (4704 m) (18 km)
Day 10 – Chumik Shilde to Kiangdom (4588 m) (14 km)
Day 11 – Kiangdom to Karzok (4615 m) (22 km)
Day 12 – Drive from Karzok to Leh (240 km)