Panwali Kantha Should be Done for its Meadows
It lies in Garhwal Himalayan region and has unmatched meadows and it should be done to explore the unmatched Bugyals (meadows). Panwali Top’s height is 3800 meters, on this trek you can find varied landscapes and Rich Flora and Fauna gives you the opportunity of spotting different Himalayan animals like Bharal (Blue Goat).
With varied landscapes and extreme beauty the views are killer and makes Panwali Kantha a perfect trek. You can see many Himalayan ranges from here some mountains are – Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri and Gangotri Peaks. During the trek you can have glance of Chaukhamba, Kedar Dome, Mt Meru, Nilkanth and more.
Key Points of Panwali Kantha
- Level is Easy
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Panwali Kantha
Trek Fee: Rs.10000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 5 Days
Summer Temperature:(10°C to 15°C)
Best Time:March, April, May, June, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan
Winter Temperature:(0°C to -8°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Ghuttu
Day 2– Ghuttu to Pobhagi
Day 3– Pobhagi to Panwali Top and Raj Kharak
Day 4– Raj Kharak to Gaurmanda
Day 5– Gaurmanda to Ghuttu and Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Ghuttu
Meet us at Dehradun Railway Station at 6:30 in the morning. Ghuttu is the base camp of Panwali Kantha Trek, it is a small town at an altitude of 5100 feet and you can reach there in 7 to 8 hours.
Ghuttu to Pobhagi
After having breakfast start your trek to Pobhagi, it is campsite for today. En route there are many Ghuttu summer shelters. Reach Pobhagi in 5 to 6 hours.
From this point you can see Buras trees in abundance with blooming red flowers. Setup your camps at this beautiful place and retire for the night.
Pobhagi to Panwali Top and Raj Kharak
Start the trek early today because it varies from moderate to difficult and has some challenging parts. Head towards Panwali Top through undulating meadows (Bugyals) which remains covered in snow during winters.
At the time of winters you can see the landscapes changing colours from green to brown and white. Reach Panwali Top and grab rare views of Gamgotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath peaks.
After spending some time at the top start the descent towards Raj Kharak, in 3 hours you can reach there. Setup your camps there and retire for the night.
Raj Kharak to Gaurmanda
From Raj Kharak start the downhill trek it is easy and short with pleasing mountain views, covered in snow. Gaurmanda is your campsite for today so pitch your tents there, delicious food will be served then retire for the night.
Gaurmanda to Ghuttu and Dehardun
Raech Ghuttu after an easy downhill trek. From there vehicle will be arranged till Dehradun.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)