Panpatia Col Trek
A Soaring Pass Surrounded by Grand Peaks
A high Pass surrounded by lofty peaks, Panpatia Col Trek rises above 5000 meters and the accurate height is 5,260 meters perched in Garhwal Himalayas acting as a bridge amid two Hindu holy sites Kedarnath and Badrinath. On this trek spend your day 1 at Badrinath and visit the pious temple (shrine of Lord Vishnu).
The Peaks Surrounding Panpatia Col Offers Tremendous Views
High rising peaks like Nilkantha (6,596 m) is the most fable amongst all other peaks but Januhut (6495 m), Shri parbat (6175 m) and Chaukhamba group with other rising peaks peep at you throughout from Badrinath to Ransi and offer clear grand views.
This route was used by devotees to trek from Kedarnath to Badrinath, it was closed but some travellers reopened the route and used it for trekking. On this trek cross high passes, flowing streams, moraine areas and narrow cliffs which makes this trek a difficult one in Garhwal region.
Reach the Snout of Panpatia Glacier and come across Madmaheshwar
Camp just under the Panpatia glacier after reaching the snout, ahead the trail will lead to Panpatia Plateau. The strenuous descending takes you to the campsite which faces Madmaheshwar Ganga and another day go to Madmaheshwar temple.
There are exotic and thrilling campsites with many water-bodies. Here, the Himalayan meadows blossom with variety of species of flowers and the high altitude requires acclimatization because the treeline recedes and air gets thin which causes high altitude problems. But, this trek is the real gem for the experienced trekkers who have equipment knowledge and skills.
Key Points of Panpatia Col Trek
- Level is Easy to Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Panpatia Col Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.80000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 13 Days
Best Time:Mid May to Mid Oct
Summer Temperature:(-2°C to -5°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Badrinath (3133 m)
Day 2– Acclimatization Day
Day 3– Badrinath to Shepherd camp (3579 m)
Day 4– Shepherd camp to Snout camp (3919 m)
Day 5– Snout camp to Moraine camp (4300 m)
Day 6– Acclimatization Day
Day 7– Moraine camp to Parvati Col’s Base (4599 m)
Day 8– Parvati Col’s Base to Panpatia snow field camp (5219 m)
Day 9– Panpatia snow field camp to Panpatia Col (5260 m) descent to Sujal Sarovar (4750 m)
Day 10– Sujal Sarovar to Kachni (4159 m)
Day 11– Kachni to Nanu Chatti (3259 m)
Day 12– Nanu Chatti to Ransi (1949 m) and Drive to Rudraprayag
Day 13– Rudraprayag to Dehradunc
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Badrinath (3133 m)
Vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun Railway station, meet there at 6:30 in the morning. Drive is along the bank of River Ganga, after you reach Devprayag relish the sight of Bhagirathi River gushing into River Alaknanda.
The Mountain views are amazing along the flowing river from Devprayag’s confluence. Have lunch en route and in the evening you can reach Badrinath. The arrangements will be made in a guest house or a hotel there.
Get yourself prepared for upcoming trek and visit Badrinath temple; the shrine of Lord Vishnu. Rest for the day and sleep comfortably in a hotel.
Badrinath to Shepherd camp (3579 m)
The trek is towards Shepherd camp, start the ascent and come across the receding treeline. Trek for some hours and reach the campsite which offers marvellous views of the surroundings. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Shepherd camp to Snout camp (3919 m)
Today you will trek on different type of terrains. Cross a sheer climb to reach the snout of Panpatia glacier, from there campsite can be reached in 10 minutes. Setup your camps there and retire early for the night.
Snout camp to Moraine camp (4300 m)
The trek today is long and you are going to gain altitude but the level will be moderate. Ascend gradually and cross the moraines which look never ending but traversing the patches of snow is fun.
From the moraine camp catch views of Parvati and Neelkanth mountains with first exciting sight of Chaukhamba.
As you are going to gain altitude air gets thin and problems may occur so acclimatization is highly important on this trek because it cures altitude sickness.
Moraine camp to Parvati Col’s Base (4599 m)
From Moraine camp head towards the base of Parvati Col by crossing the uphill trek which inclines strenuously. Reach the base, setup your camps below Parvati Col and retire for the night.
Parvati Col’s Base to Panpatia snow field camp (5219 m)
The climb today is steep which will lead to the edge of the terrace. Only way to head forward is through rock gully and steep snow. Cross gentle humps from where Parvati Col and Panpatia snow field can be reached.
From here rising peaks of Chaukhamba and Nanda Devi peak is visible. Setup you camps at the campsite, wear enough warm layers and retire for the night.
Panpatia snow field camp to Panpatia Col (5260 m) descent to Sujal Sarovar (4750 m)
Cross Panpatia snow field camp, the trek is long but with very few ascents. Traverse a short ascent at the end and reach Panpatia Col which is at a high altitude of 5260 meters above the sea level.
Move ahead and start descending towards Sujal Sarovar, your campsite for today. Come across watershed of Madhyamaheshwar and setup your camps near this small lake and retire for the night.
Sujal Sarovar to Kachni (4159 m)
Post breakfast leave for Kachni, the trail is few metres above Sujal Sarovar which descents to this small lake through boulder zone and snowy slopes.
Reach the meadow and Madhmaheshwar Ganga can be seen in front. A temple is also visible from here, setup your camps at this amazing place and settle for the day.
Kachni to Nanu Chatti (3259 m)
Today visit Madhmaheshwar temple, you can reach there in 3 to 4 hours. Ahead go through the forest of oaks to camp for the night at Nanu Chatti, it is the small settlement of Gaundhar villagers which is used in summers. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Nanu Chatti to Ransi (1949 m) and Drive to Rudraprayag
Go through the thick forests of pine and reach Madhmaheshwar Ganga’s bank. Ransi is the end point of this trek, from there the drive is towards Rudraprayag. Check in to a hotel and comfortably sleep in a hotel.
Rudraprayag to Dehradun
After having breakfast leave for Dehradun through the same route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile Connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Badrinath is the last point where you will find ATM.
BSNL signals are available at Badrinath and ahead the connectivity gets intermittent. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)