Obra Gad is located amidst the idyllic valleys of Rupin and Supinand is parallel to Har Ki Dun.
Obra gad Fee:
Rs 15000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 7 Days
Highest Point: (4100 m)
Best Season: May, June, July, September and October
Summer Temperature: (5° C to 15° C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Obra Gad is amidst two idyllic valleys; Rupin and Supin
Obra Gad is located amidst the idyllic valleys of Rupin and Supin and is parallel to Har Ki Dun. Devkiyara is an ecstatic meadow which highlights Obra Gad, this meadow is the major attraction of this place which lies at an altitude of 4,100 m.
Experience Diversity and get overwhelmed by the Mountain Views
In this trek cultural and natural diversity can be experienced as the trail takes you through different Himalayan villages dense forests and the meadows. The magnificent mountain views will leave you spell bound. The Rangnala looks the most beautiful amongst all which is at a height of (5,400m) the view of ridges and unnamed peaks.
Devkiyara Meadow and Obra Temple
Near Obra valley there are mesmerizing Devkiyara meadow is approximately 4 km long; camping here is a bliss! Here are some of the perfect campsites like Bhawa. In Obra valley there is “Obra temple” which is made by the villagers and below flows Obra River, people from different villages visit this temple to worship Lord Someshwar and these people every year carry a pilgrimage from Jakhol to Obra valley.
Key Points of Obra gad
- Level is Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Obra Gad Trek
Duration – 7 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season – May, June, July, September and October
Level – Easy to Moderate
Highest Point – (4,100 m)
Trekking distance (total) – (46 km)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Winter temperature –(-3°C to -5° C)
Summer temperature –Night (5°C to 15°C) (5°C to 15°C )
Day 1– Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 2– Sankri to Jakhol (19 km) and trek to Obra (6 km) (4/5 hours) (2,500 m)
Day 3– Obra to Bhawa (8 km) (5/6 hours) (3,500 m)
Day 4– Bhawa to Devkiyara (5 km) (4/5 hours) (4,100m)
Day 5– Devkiyara to Obra (13 km) (8 hours) (3,500m)
Day 6– Obra to Jakhol (6 km) (4/5 hours) Jakhol to Sankri (19 km) (2 hours)
Day 7– Sankri to Dehradun (210 km) (7/8 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours)
Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun railway station then en route towards Sankri (210 km). It takes 7/8 hours to reach there. The drive to Sankri is a picturesque one, you can see a variety of sceneries on the way.
The scenic beauty of valley attracts the visitor’s eye. You will see Yamuna River and Tons valley across the Yamuna Bridge, the crystal clear water gives a very refreshing feeling if you feel tired on the way. You get beautiful views of Mussoorie, Damta, Nowgao, Netwar and Purola on the way. These are the villages where you can see people working in fields and you can have a glimpse of their lifestyle, the combination of light and dark greenery is mesmerizing.
We cross an entry gate of Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Sankri lies there. When the Baraadsar mountain range and other snow-capped mountains are visible then you are about to reach Sankri, it will take 15-20 minutes more.
Sankri is a small village with less number of houses, there is a famous mini market of Sankri with few wooden huts serving traditional and delicious food. From here you can have a glance of some mountain ranges, it is surrounded by the mountains and the environment is pollution free, relish the beauty of Sankri. We own a hotel named “Swargarohini”, enjoy your dinner and night stay there.
- Day 2 Sankri to Jakhol (19 km) and trek to Obra (6 km) (4/5 hours) (2,500 m)
Drive from Sankri to Jakhol is 19 km long and you can reach there in two hours, the greenery will accompany you all along your journey.
Jakhol is a village in Mori, from there your trek stars to Obra Gad which is 6 km away. We will provide packed lunch which you can have in middle of the day.
The trail will take you through beautiful Himalayan villages where you can have a glimpse of their life in mountains. People living in mountains have a total different lifestyle and traditions, knowing about their traditional values and culture can change anyone as a person. So, do communicate with them on the way as they heartily welcome you.
You will come across some fields at Baincha Thach, ahead is a small temple and the architecture is beautiful and rare. The campsite is 1 km further, it is a wide meadow with ample of space for camping. Set your tents at the place and retire for the night.
- Day 3 Obra to Bhawa (8 km) (5/6 hours) (3,500 m)
Post breakfast and with packed lunch head towards Bhawa, the trek is 8 km long. Enter the dense forest and keep ascending when you exit the forest area, the lush green land opens up in front of you with some wildflowers.
This is Bhawa which is the ridge’s high point and divides the Obra valley. The views from here clear, to the north Fithari village is visible and towards right you can see Devkiyara. Setup your tents here and retire for the night.
- Day 4 Bhawa to Devkiyara (5 km) (4/5 hours) (4,100 m)
Post breakfast start your trek with packed lunch, today’s trek is going to be the picturesque one, walk on the grassy slopes throughout the day. Reach Devkiyara. It is a 4 km long meadow surrounded by the peaks.
From here Daowdu (5500 m) and Rangnala Peaks (6100 m) are visible. Some villages are visible behind, this is your campsite for today. Setup your tents here and retire for the night.
- Day 5 Devkiyara to Obra (13 km) (8 hours) (3,500 m)
Have breakfast and start your trek with packed lunch to Obra which lie at an altitude of 3500 metres. From Devkiyara descend till Obra which is opposite to Har Ki Dun valley. Trek through beautiful meadows and dense forest sections.
In Obra valley there is “Obra temple” which is made by the villagers and below flows Obra River, people from different villages visit this temple to worship Lord Someshwar and these people every year carry a pilgrimage from Jakhol to Obra valley.
- Day 6 Obra to Jakhol (6 km) (4/5 hours) Jakhol to Sankri (19 km) (2 hours)
From Obra head towards Jakhol through meadows and dense forests and you will reach Dhara you can also reach there by crossing a high ridge. On the way is a big temple of Lord Someshwar which is to the right of Supin River.
Ahead Dhara, keep trekking and you will reach Jakhol which is close to Obra Gad. Rest here and leave for Sankri, have salubrious food there and enjoy the stay in hotel Swargarohini.
- Day 7 Sankri to Dehradun (210 km) (7/8 hours)
Post breakfast depart to Dehradun. Have your breakfast en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM Point: – Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
Mobile connectivity: –
There are no networks during the trek, in Purola all the networks are available and in Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but the connectivity isn’t good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund