Nanda Devi Base Camp Trek
Nanda Devi is the second highest peak of India located in Uttarakhand. This peak has extreme beauty and is very important to the locals. Nanda Devi Base Camp is on eastern side of the peak and Pachu Glacier lies there.
Nanda Devi Base Camp Fee:
Rs 35000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Kathgodam to Kathgodam)
Duration: 11 Days
Highest Point: (13123 feet)
Best Season: Starting of June and August – September
Temperature: (5°C to 8°C) (0°C to -5°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Camp on Eastern side of the Peak
Nanda Devi is the second highest peak of India located in Uttarakhand. This peak has extreme beauty and is very important to the locals. Nanda Devi Base Camp is on eastern side of the peak and Pachu Glacier lies there. Go from the trade route, there was civilization in the ancient time, it lead to Nanda Devi Base Camp.
About Nadna Devi Base Camp
Kathgodam is the starting and end point of this trek, you will see the diverse Flora and Fauna, the nature is outstanding and from Munsiyari the trail takes you through thrilling passes, green forests and surreal meadows. Also, experience the cultures and lives of people in mountains. From Pachu glacier the next day you will explore the Base Camp of Nanda Devi.
Key Points of Nanda Devi Base Camp Trek
- Level is Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Nanda Devi Base Camp Trek
Duration – 11 Days (Kathgodam to Kathgodam)
Best Season – Starting of June and August – September
Level – Difficult
Highest Point – (13123 feet)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season.
Temperature – (5°C to 8°C) (0°C to -5°C)
Starting point – Kathgodam
Day 1– Kathgodam to Munsiyari (277 km) (2290 m)
Day 2– Munsiyari to Lilam (7 km) (1850 m)
Day 3– Lilam to Bogudiar (12 km) (2609 m)
Day 4– Bogudiar to Rilkot (12 km) (3130 m)
Day 5– Rilkot to Ghanghar (13 km) (3300 m)
Day 6– Ghanghar to Pachu Glacier (7 km) (4000 m)
Day 7– Explore the Base Camp
Day 8– Pachu Glacier to Martoli (17 km)
Day 9– Martoli to Rargari (20 km)
Day 10– Rargari to Munsyari (14 km)
Day 11– Kiangdom to Karzok (4615 m) (22 km)
Day 12– Munsyari to Kathgodam (296 km)
✅ Transport facility from Kathgodam to Kathgodam
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ Accommodation in Hotel Munsiyari
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Kathgodam to Munsiyari (277 km) (2290 m)
Arrive Kathgodam and go through Kumaon hills to reach your Munsiyari. Chaukhori is a famous spot for tea gardens and enthralling view of Himalayas.
Spend rest of the day in guesthouse. Dinner and overnight stay in the pre booked accommodation.
- Day 2 Munsiyari to Lilam (7 km) (1850 m)
Lilam your campsite for today is a mini village with few houses. Post breakfast start trekking towards it, the trek today is an easy one.
Get some wonderful views from here, setup your camps and after having delicious food rest for the night.
- Day 3 Lilam to Bogudiar (12 km) (2609 m)
Post breakfast start your trek towards Bogudiar. Go through forests with bent trees. Small rivers of Gori Ganga and Ralam meet in this forest section.
Continue your trek and ahead see River Poting and Gori Ganga meet. Bogudiar village is marked from here.
Reach there, set your tents and retire for the night.
- Day 4 Bogudiar to Rilkot (12 km) (3130 m)
Today’s trek will disclose the Himalayan adventure, trekking from this point becomes tough. Start after having breakfast and you will reach a place from where the routes divert.
En route to Laspa village there will be a short diversion which leads to Northern Nanda Kot Glacier. Continue the trek and reach Rilkot.
Set your camps beside the river and after having salubrious food retire for the night.
- Day 5 Rilkot to Ghanghar (13 km) (3300 m)
Bid goodbye to Rilkot and after a short hike you will be entertained by the Martoli Peak views and the trail further opens up to beautiful landscapes.
Before reaching Ghangar the walk is through amazing meadows which is a great relief for the legs. From this village the beginning of Pachu valley is marked.
At Ghanghar village you can see quaint wooden houses and a temple which is worshipped by the villagers. Setup your tents at this culturally rich village and retire for the night.
- Day 6 Ghanghar to Pachu Glacier (7 km) (4000 m)
The climb to Pachu glacier is steep so be prepared, have breakfast and towards the campsite.
Trek through the Rhododendrons forest and get closer views of the peak. Reach the campsite Pachu Glacier after 5 hours trek which lies on Nanda Devi’s Northern face.
Setup your camps here and retire for the night.
- Day 7 Explore the Base Camp
Today you can explore the surroundings. Have your breakfast and go for a hike on glacier and explore the surroundings.
From the glacier you can have close views of the peak. Come back to the back to the campsite and settle for the day.
- Day 8 Pachu Glacier to Martoli (17 km)
Today on the trek first you will descend for long and then the ascending trail starts. Martoli lies on trade route and there are many old fashioned houses with wooden carvings.
From Mantoli get the extremely beautiful views of Nanda Devi and Nanda Kot. Setup your camps here and overnight stay in tents.
- Day 9 Martoli to Rargari (20 km)
Post breakfast the trek starts and it will lead you close to Munsiyari when you reach Rargari.
Trek after breakfast takes you closer to Munsiyari as you arrive at Rargari. Today you will be staying in huts. Setup your tents here and retire for the night.
- Day 10 Rargari to Munsiyari (14 km)
You can reach Rargari to Munsiyari after having breakfast. Have dinner there and spend your night in a guest house or tents.
- Day 11 Munsiyari to Kathgodam (296 km)
Have breakfast and drive back towards Chaukori and from there depart to Kathgodam.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund