Nag Tibba Trek
Nag Tibba is the highest peak in lower Himalayan range. It is a short Trek with plethora of pleasing views and can be called a perfect weekend trek. This trek takes you through the dense forest rich in flora and fauna.
Nag Tibba Trek Fee:
Rs 3500 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 2 Days
Highest Point: (3500 m)
Best Season: Throughout the year
Summer Temperature: (5° C to 8° C)
Winter Temperature: (-3°C to -5° C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Review 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Large Group
Highest peak in lower Himalayan range
Nag tibba is the highest peak (9,915 ft.) in the lower Himalayan range amidst Dhauladhar and Pin Prinjal. The way is through Mussoorie also known as the “Queen of Hills”.
Short Trek with plethora of pleasing views
Plethora of pleasing views on a short trek, nothing can be better than this. It is a two day trek and you can come on weekends with your family to spend good time together and to rejuvenate yourself. Before summit there is a temple of “Nag Devta” which is worshiped by the local villagers and it is said that this place is home of “Nag Devta”
This trek takes you through the dense forest rich in flora and fauna. Bandarpoonch peak, Gangotri group of peaks, Kedarkantha peakfrom north, Doon valley and snow peaks of Changabang are visible from the peak of Nag Tibba. In this short trek there are varieties of landscapes which makes this trek an interesting one.
Key Points of Nag Tibba Trek
- Level Easy (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Nag Tibba Trek
Duration: 02 Days from Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season: Throughout the year
Trail type: Dehradun is a beautiful city near Rail head and base camp Nagtibba trek.
Highest Point: (3500 m)
Trekking distance (total): (15 km)
Weather: Nights are cold and days are pleasant during the season
Winter temperature: (-3°C to -5°C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Summer temperature: (Day time 5°C to 8°C)
Starting point: Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun Railway Station or ISBT.
Day 1: Dehradun Railway station to Naugaon (123 km) (4/5 hours) on same day trek to Nag tibba base camp (3 km)
Day 2: Nag tibba base camp to Nag tibba summit (3500 m) head back to camp, then trek to Naugaon road. On same day drive to Mussoorie
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun Railway station to Naugaon village (123 km) (4/5 hours) and trek to Nag Tibba base camp
Take morning Shatabdi train from Delhi to Dehradun and drive up to Pantwari Naugaon road. There are three routes that you could take to go to Nag Tibba. This one via Pathwari village it is the shortest.
There is Lord Shiva’s temple on the way you can see the villagers and their local and traditional life, there is greenery all over. On same day the trek starts to Nag Tibba base camp(1600m) on the north side of Nag Tibba the trail is steep, there are many trails to reach there but some of them are undefined.
We reach there by late evening. After reaching your campsite enjoy and feel the pleasant sunset with your evening tea and snacks. When you’ll feel the moment that feeling would be immense and you’ll understand the value of these words.
“Just living is not enough”
Nag Tibba Base Camp to Nag Tibba summit (3500 m) Trek to Naugaon and back to Dehradun
After light breakfast start the trek towards Forest Rest House (2500 m). Expect to reach the camp at 1 pm, 5-6 hours of trekking. The trails are well defined and go through dense forest. The trail is not a hard one but in winters snow makes it difficult. In the evening visit the Nag Tibba temple.
Nag tibba Base, climb the top of Nag Tibba (3500 m) it is a steep climb, after reaching summit get beautiful views of Himalayan ranges SwargarohiniBandar pooch,Kala Naag, and Gangotri then come back to Nag Tibba Base camp, in winters you will witness lots of snowfall which makes Nag tibba a winter trek. The first name of Nag Tibba has been driven from ‘Nag Devta’.‘Tibba’ is a local word for hill or peak. In order to get the protection for the cattle, the local villagers come here to worship.
Nag Tibba trek (Altitude 3500 m) is one of the most liked short treks, near Mussoorie in Uttarakhand. Far from maddening crowd, those who want to view the panoramic sights of Himalaya range, dense forest and wildlife, the most suited trek is Nag Tibba. Trek to Naugaon, trail takes you to Naugaon. Then we will proceed to Dehradun.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM Point: It is good to withdraw money from Dehradun, you can also find ATM in Mussoorie.
The device receives good signals till Mussoorie and then the connectivity gets poor. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek and charge all your batteries as we are going to stay in tents without electricity.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- If the trek is cancelled by us due to any reason (heavy snowfall, rainfall, natural disaster etc.) then the refund would not be initiated but you can go on the same trek another year.
The cancellation charges are as follows –
(No bank charges deducted will be Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90 precent cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50 precent cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refunds are initiated in 7-8 business days)