Mukta Top lies in Garhwal Himalayas at a height of 3,608 meters. This is a great winter trek and a hidden gem because of its distinct characteristics. Know about this ravishing place add it in your bucket list.
Mukta Top Trek Fee:
Rs 11000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 6 Days
Highest Point: (11,838 feet)
Best Season: Dec, Jan, Feb, March and April
Level: Easy to Moderate
Summer Temperature: (8°C to 13°C)
Winter Temperature: (-2°C to -5°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Mukta Top has Hidden Extraordinary Characteristics
Mukta Top lies in Garhwal Himalayas at a height of 3,608 meters. This is a great winter trek because of its extraordinary characteristics which are hidden from people. But when the trekkers will get to about this place they would not resist themselves from choosing “Mukta Top” as their next trekking destination.
Distinct Forests and Plenty of Fauna
The trees present here are of different variety and the forests are very different than found in other regions of Uttarakhand. Rhododendrons, Bamboos, Oak, Pine and Maple trees are found here, you will not get to see Bamboo trees on any other trek. Trek through the forest for two days, the greenery there is soothing and relaxes mind.
This place is highly rich in Flora as well as Fauna and home to a number of rare species, it is a great place for birding and different colorful Himalayan birds can be spotted here.
Pristine Meadows and Forest Clearings
Trekking through meadows and camping there is a bliss for trekkers. The forest clearings will surprise you every time, the clearings are similar as Kedarkantha clearings. In winters you will see snow all over the meadows which looks like a beautiful white carpet. So do not miss this divine winter trek and you can trek here with your families because the lower altitude.
You can see some peaks of Uttarakhand from the meadows and Mukta Top offers 360 degree views of – Bandarpoonch (I) (II), Peak of Nag Tibba, Draupadi Ka Danda, Gangotri peak and Mt. Kala Nag. It is a small paradise in Himalayas which is not known much by the people.
Key Points of Mukta Top Trek
- Level is Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light (Bag pack should not be more than 10 kg.)
Must read about Mukta Top Trek
Duration – 6 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season – Dec, Jan, Feb, March and April
Level – Easy to Moderate
Highest Point – (11,838 feet)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season.
Winter temperature – (-2°C to -5°C)
Summer temperature – (8°C to 13°C)
Starting point – Dehradun
Day 1– Dehradun to Gangori (150 km) (6/7 hours) (4,550 feet)
Day 2– Drive from Gangori to Kuflon (7 km) (20 minutes) Kuflon to Shiladuni (4 km) (4 hours)
Day 3– Shiladuni to Chaithathar (5 km) (5/6 hours) (9,600 feet)
Day 4– Chaithathar to Mukta Tal (4 km) (4 hours) (10,800 feet)
Day 5– Mukta Tal to Mukta Top (11,838 feet) and Kuari(7,781 feet) (9 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 6– Kuari to Kuflon (6 km) (4 hours) (4,600 feet) Departure to Dehradun (155 km) (6/7 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Gangori (150 km) (6/7 hours) (4,550 feet)
Gangori is 150 km away from Dehradun and it lies in Uttarkashi district. You can reach there in 6 to 7 hours if start early from Dehradun.
Drive to Gangori cannot be boring because the journey is through River Ganga’s bank and a wide forest section. Base camp of Mukta Top is near Asi Ganga River, reach there in the evening, have food and spend you night in tents.
- Day 2 Drive from Gangori to Kuflon (7 km) (20 minutes) Kuflon to Shiladuni (4 km) (4 hours)
Drive from Gangori to Kuflon it will take 20 minutes, start your trek from here and the route is through a market. When you come out from the market area the steep ascend begins through forest of pines.
Ascend is 2 km long, spot variety of trees like Rhododendrons, Maples and Oaks. You will also get to see Himalayan birds colourful and beautiful. Ahead is a stream cross it and trek for 20 minutes more, and a small forest clearing will open up leaving you surprised.
Spot a shepherd hut on one side of the clearing and mountains on other side. Your campsite is Shiladuni, a forest clearing and water source is a stream nearby and it is a great place for birding, many birds can be spotted here. Many stream flow around this campsite, setup your tents here have healthy food and retire for the night.
- Day 3 Shiladuni to Chaithathar (5 km) (5/6 hours) (9,600 feet)
When you leave the campsite few steps ahead you enter a forest section and abundant foliage is present there. Today the trek is going be hard because of the steep ascend.
Trek through the trees of Maples and Oaks which are found there in abundance, cross a stream and you will reach “Kuari” it means you have come half way of the trek and the campsite is 3 km more. The ascend starts which is over a rocky area and it is one hour long.
This climb will reward you with mesmerising valley views and your Day 1 and Day 2 campsites are visible from this point. Start trekking through bamboo forests which makes this trek different from others because these bamboo forests are not found on other treks of Uttarakhand.
Chaithathar is your campsite, it is between the forests an amazing forest clearing with a clear stream and a shepherd’s hut. Spend your night here enjoying these serene clearings.
- Day 4 Chaithathar to Mukta Tal (4 km) (4 hours) (10,800 feet)
Chaithathar to Mukta Top is a gradual ascend through the forest, the trail is in a good condition and it will lead to a small clearing which remains covered in winter season. Reach there in two hours and enjoy extraordinary views of Nag Tibba, Kala Nag ad Bandarpoonch.
Now a hill gets visible with Birch and Oaks, ascend for few minutes to get there and then trek through undulating meadows and you can reach the campsite Mukta Tal in one hour. It is a pond and from there Bandarpoonch is clearly visible. Setup your camps and relax for the night.
- Day 5 Mukta Tal to Mukta Top (11,838 feet) and Kuari (7,781 feet) (9 km) (6/7 hours)
Today you have to climb the summit by passing the meadows which lies above Mukta Tal and the same trail take you to the top (11,838 feet).
You have to ascend all the way up but en route the views of Bandarpoonch, Kala Nag and other ranges can be seen, sights will fill you up with enthusiasm. Reach the summit in 6 to 7 hours, Siyari Tal is present at the top and the views are surpassing.
Mukta Top offers 360 degree views of – Bandarpoonch (I) (II), Peak of Nag Tibba, Draupadi Ka Danda, Gangotri peak and Mt. Kala Nag. Have a look at every peaks do not miss even one then after having good time there start descending towards Kuari. Reach the campsite, 2-3 streams flow near this place so water source is not a problem. Pitch your tents here and retire for the night.
- Day 6 Kuari to Kuflon (6 km) (4 hours) (4,600 feet) Departure to Dehradun (155 km) (6/7 hours)
You have to follow the same route to go Kuflon, the trail is again through forest area. Do spot Himalayan birds while descending, the colorful variety and their chirping sounds are heart-warming.
You can found many birds at Shiladuni, continue trekking while observing the beauty of nature. Soon Asi Ganga River powerhouse will be visible on the way then you are about to reach Kuflon.
Reach Kuflon and rest there. Vehicles will be arranged for you then leave for Dehradun.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM Point: –
Withdraw money before your journey, Uttarkashi is the last point where you will find ATM.
Mobile connectivity: –
Your device will receive signals before Kuflon (Idea, Vodafone and BSNL). So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund