Mt. Bhagirathi Peak II Expedition
Bhagirathi Group has 3 sacred peaks located in Garhwal Himalayas at Gangotri Valley. Bhagirathi II is the second tallest peak in the group lying at an elevation of 6512 meters.
Mt. Bhagirathi Peak II Expedition Fee:
Rs 215,000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 23 Days
Highest Point: (6512 m)
Best Season: May, June, Sep and Oct
Temperature: (-2°C to 15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Bhagirathi II is the Second Tallest Bhagirathi Sibling Peaks
Bhagirathi Group has 3 sacred peaks located in Garhwal Himalayas at Gangotri Valley. Bhagirathi II is the second tallest peak in the group lying at an elevation of 6512 meters. It rises above the origin of Ganges from Gomukh.
The Climb is Technically Difficult
Nandanvan is the Base Camp of this expedition, it is a wide meadow with many alpine flowers with lush greenery. Trek through Bhojbasa and Chirbasa, traverse the Gangotri glacier to reach there, it is all fun and adventure mixed together. On this expedition you will be camping at high altitude and further over the rocks, the climb is technically difficult because you will be needing the equipment and the changing weather makes it hard for the climbers.
The Views of Formidable Peaks
Mt. Shivling is visible from Nandanvan and further the views of Meru Pass and Thalay Sagar are rewarding. Bhagirathi Peaks are also seen shining en route.
Must read about Mt. Bhagirathi Peak II Expedition
Duration – 23 Days
Best Season – May, June, Sep and Oct
Level – Difficult
Highest Point – (6512 m)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant according to the season, the weather is unpredicted and can change anytime so you need to be prepared.
Temperature –(-2°C to 15°C)
Starting point – Dehradun
Day 1– Dehradun to Gangotri (3092 m) (245 km) (10/11 hours)
Day 2– Acclimatization Day
Day 3– Gangotri to Bhojbasa (3769 m) (13 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 4– Bhojbasa to Nandanvan (4337 m) via Gomukh (3890 m)
Day 5– Acclimatization Day at Nandanvan
Day 6– Base Camp (Nandanvan) to Advance Base Camp (ABC) (4800 m) and back (Load Ferry)
Day 7– Base Camp (Nandanvan) to Advance Base Camp (ABC) (4800 m)
Day 8– Acclimatization Day at Advance Base Camp (ABC)
Day 9– Advance Base Camp to Camp 1 (5199 m) and back (Load ferry)
Day 10– Leave ABC and Set up camp 1 (5199 m)
Day 11– Camp 1 to Camp 2 and back (Load Ferry)
Day 12– Camp 1 to Camp 2
Day 13– Camp 2 to Summit Camp (6000 m) and back (Load Ferry)
Day 14– Camp 2 to Summit Camp (6000 m)
Day 15– Bhagirathi Peak II Summit Attempt (6512 m)
Day 16– Reserve Day for Summit Attempt
Day 17– Reserve Day for Summit Attempt
Day 18– Summit Camp to Advance Base Camp (ABC)
Day 19– Advance Base Camp (ABC) to Base Camp (Nandanvan)
Day 20– Rest Day at Base Camp (Nandanvan)
Day 21– Base Camp (Nandanvan) to Bhojbasa (12 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 22– Bhojbasa to Gangotri (13 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 23– Gangotri to Dehradun (270 km) (10/11 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee including camping charges
✅ Accommodation in Hotel; Gangotri
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ Expertise Trek Leader, fluent in English and Hindi certified in basic and advance mountaineering courses from NIM, IMF or Hanifl Centre.
✅ Experienced local guide
✅ Kitchen team
✅ All camping gear
✅ High quality camping tents, sleeping bags, mattress liner and pillow
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Micro Spikes
✅ Ice Axe
✅ Rescue Ropes
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items
❌ First day breakfast and lunch en route
❌ Last day lunch and dinner en route
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Gangotri (3092 m) (245 km) (10/11 hours)
Meet us at Dehradun Railway Station and vehicles will be arranged for you till Gangotri. The drive is 10 to 12 hours long, go through Uttarkashi and en route visit Gangnani which is famous for hot springs.
Reach Gangotri and check in a hotel. In the evening visit nearby places. It is a holy city and the temple is a part of Chota Char Dham and a famous Hindu pilgrimage site. Be there at the time of Ganga Aarti, there devotees worship the sacred River Ganga.
Return to hotel and comfortably stay there for the night.
- Day 2 Acclimatization Day
Acclimatization is necessary today go for a short hike nearby.
- Day 3 Gangotri to Bhojbasa (3769 m) (13 km) (5/6 hours)
Gangotri to Bhojbasa is and ascending trail and you are going to gain altitude. After spending some time at the temple, head towards the campsite for today.
After trekking through forest and landslide prone areas, on the way you will be mesmerised by the first glimpse of Bhagirathi peaks. Reach Bhojbasa, the widest point of valley. Setup your camps there and settle for the day.
- Day 4 Bhojbasa to Nandanvan (4377 m) via Gomukh (3890 m)
Nandanvan is the Base Camp of Bhagirathi Peak II expedition. It is at an altitude of 4337 metres, today you will go through the source of River Ganga that is “Gomukh”. The trek is long but the extremely beautiful scenery awaits you.
The trail is through moraine until you cross Gangotri Glacier, trekking through this rough part is challenging but also exciting.
Cross the glacier, the climb is steep up to Nandanvan. It is your campsite and Chaturangi which means (four colours) glacier is visible located at the base of Bhagirathi II.
Overnight stay in camps.
- Day 5 Acclimatization Day at Nandanvan
Today rest or explore the surroundings. You can go to the places near Nandanvan meadow or just stare at the beautiful mountain views especially of Mt. Shivling.
Also, plan the upcoming days of your expedition and study the weather clearly. Get all your equipment ready and be ready to imply the safety techniques and perform as a team.
- Day 6 Base Camp (Nandanvan) to Advance Base Camp (ABC) (4800 m) and back (Load Ferry)
You have to Load Ferry to ABC (4800 m) and retrace your steps to Base Camp (Nandanvan).
- Day 7 Base Camp (Nandanvan) to Advance Base Camp (ABC) (4800 m)
Leave Base camp and head towards Advance Base Camp (ABC) which is at a height of 4800 metres. Setup your tents there and rest for the night.
- Day 8 Acclimatization Day at Advance Base Camp (ABC)
Go for a short hike today, acclimatization is very important at Advance Base Camp to prepare for further days. After a short trek nearby, return to ABC.
- Day 9 Advance Base Camp to Camp 1 (5199 m) and back (Load ferry)
From Advance Base Camp (ABC) load ferry to Camp 1 (5199 m) and retrace your steps to ABC.
- Day 10 Leave ABC and Set up camp 1 (5199 m)
Post breakfast head towards Camp 1 which is at a height of 5199 metres. Setup your camps there and retire for the night.
- Day 11 Camp 1 to Camp 2 and back (Load Ferry)
Today from Camp 1 Load Ferry to Camp 2 and get back to the campsite.
- Day 12 Camp 1 to Camp 2
Wake up early Have breakfast early and trek towards Camp 2, it is going to be an ascent. Reach there, rest and prepare yourself for the next day.
- Day 13 Camp 2 to Summit Camp (6000 m) and back (Load Ferry)
Today Load Ferry from Camp 2 to Summit camp and retrace your steps to Camp 2.
- Day 14 Camp 2 to Summit Camp (6000 m)
Leave Camp 2 and reach the Summit Camp (6000 m) and for summit open fix ropes. Retire early today to get proper rest.
- Day 15 Bhagirathi Peak II Summit Attempt (6512 m)
Wake up after midnight around 2:00 am because today you are going to try traversing the summit (6512 m). If you successfully climb the summit then return to the Summit Camp.
- Day 16 Reserve Day for Summit Attempt
Extra Day in the Itinerary for Summit Attempt.
- Day 17 Reserve Day for Summit Attempt
Extra Day in the Itinerary for Summit Attempt.
- Day 18 Summit Camp to Advance Base Camp (ABC)
After traversing the summit start descending. Today descent from Summit Camp to Advance Base Camp (ABC).
- Day 19 Advance Base Camp (ABC) to Base Camp (Nandanvan)
Descent from Advance Base Camp (ABC) to the Base Camp Nandanvan. Setup the tents and retire for the night.
- Day 20 Rest Day at Base Camp (Nandanvan)
After so much Adventure and Thrill rest today at Nandanvan Base Camp.
- Day 21 Base Camp (Nandanvan) to Bhojbasa (12 km) (5/6 hours)
Follow the same route from which you came and descent to Bhojbasa.
- Day 22 Bhojbasa to Gangotri (13 km) (5/6 hours)
Have the last sight of Bhagirathi peaks en route from Bhojbasa to Gangotri, after bidding them continue the trek towards Gangotri, the holy city.
Reach there check in a hotel, if you wish visit Ganga Aarti bowing down and thanking god for the successful and safe climb. Go back to hotel, have delicious food and retire for the night.
- Day 23 Gangotri to Dehradun (270 km) (10/11 hours)
Post breakfast, Drive is from Gangotri to Dehradun have your lunch en route at Uttarkashi.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Uttarkashi is the last point where you will find ATM
BSNL networks will be available at Gangotri there are no other networks ahead, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea) </span
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund