Mandani Valley Trek
Mandani Valley Trek lies in Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary at the base of Mandakini peak and connects the two fable holy pilgrimage sites; Badrinath to Kedarnath. On this trek cross 4 high passes of Indian Himalayas and en route get thrilling views of Chaukhamba peaks with other high Himalayan ranges. Witness lush green meadows and uncountable colourful flowers blooming together.
A Pilgrimage Site
It is believed that here Goddess Durga killed Mahishasura and buried him at this place. After burying him she transformed into a rock and decided to sit there on him forever, the rock is still present there. One more story is that Pandavas passed through this region during their ascent to Swargarohini. From Mandani Bugyal an ancient temple is visible near Usha River.
Key Points of Mandani Valley Trek
- Level is Moderate to Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Mandani Valley Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.35000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 11 Days
Level: Moderate to Difficult
Best Time:May to Sep
Temperature: (10°C to 15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1 – Dehradun to Ransi (240 km) (8/9 hours)
Day 2 – Ransi to Saniyara (2850 m) (5 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 3 – Saniyara to Paturi (3300 m) (7 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 4 – Paturi to Thouli camp (3865 m) via Thouli top (3920 m) (9 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 5 – Thouli camp to Dagla Bugyal (3505 m) via Darwa Pass (4150 m) (8 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 6 – Dagla Bugyal to Mandani valley (3550 m) via Dubra Top (3750 m)
Day 7 – Mandani valley to Yembuk base (4130 m) (8 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 8 – Yembuk base to Mahapanth base (4450 m) via Bishali Col (4750 m) (10 km) 7/8 hours)
Day 9 – Mahapanth base to Kedarnath (3380 m) (11 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 10 – Kedarnath to Gaurikund (16 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 11– Gaurikund to Dehradun (8/9 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Ransi (240 km) (8/9 hours)
The vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun Railway Station and the departure time is 6:30 am.
The journey to Ransi is through the picturesque regions of Devprayag, Rudraprayag and Ukhimath. Reach the village and arrangements will be made in a guest house.
Ransi to Saniyara (2850 m) (5 km) (4/5 hours)
Post breakfast the trek begins to Saniyara, the distance is 5 km which can be covered in 4 – 5 hours, depending on your speed.
The trail makes its way through the undulating meadows and dense forested sections. Reach Saniyara pitch your camps, have sumptuous food and retire for the night.
Saniyara to Paturi (3300 m) (7 km) (5/6 hours)
Start the day early, have food and ascent towards Paturi which lies at an elevation of 3300 m.
Reach there, setup your camps and enjoy overnight stay in tents.
Paturi to Thouli camp (3865 m) via Thouli top (3920 m) (9 km) (7/8 hours)
The trek today is long and the ascent is sheer so leave the Paturi campsite early to reach Thouli camp on time.
Go through some steep sections, climb Thouli top (3920 m) and witness the clear views of snow clad Himalayan peaks. Further reach the campsite and after setting up camps and having food retire for the night.
Thouli camp to Dagla Bugyal (3505 m) via Darwa Pass (4150 m) (8 km) (6/7 hours)
Post breakfast, descent to from Thouli camp towards Dagla Bugyal, this meadow is at an altitude of 3505 m. The trail is through the forest areas and it gets steep sometimes. Start the ascent to and go through meadows with snow patches.
Climb Darwa Pass and get splendid views of Swargarohini peaks, Bandarpunch, Hanuman Ganga valley, Srikantha peaks, Draupadi Ka Danda and Deonli.
Descent till you reach Dagla Bugyal, a meadow with wide space for camping. Pitch your camps and retire for the night.
Dagla Bugyal to Mandani valley (3550 m) via Dubra Top (3750 m)
From Dagla Bugyal Mandani valley can be reached in 4 to 5hours. So bid adieu to this beautiful campsite and head towards the beguiling valley.
To reach there climb Dubra Top lying at a height of 3750 m offering magnificent mountain views. Descent and reach the valley, witness lush green Mandani Bugyal and uncountable colourful flowers blooming together. From there get great mountain views of Chaukhamba peaks, Kedarnath peak and Kedar Dome.
Setup your camps here, wait for delicious food to be served and retire for the night.
Mandani valley to Yembuk base (4130 m) (8 km) (6/7 hours)
The trek today is long and a little tough so have healthy breakfast and then leave for Yembuk base.
Reaching the base will take around 6 to 7 hours, some parts are strenuous so walk carefully. Gain altitude and reach the campsite, setup your camps and retire for the night.
Yembuk base to Mahapanth base (4450 m) via Bishali Col (4650 m) (10 km) 7/8 hours)
Today from Yembuk base camp you will head towards Mahapanth base camp which is at a higher altitude of 4450 m.
The trail is through the steep sections and a high pass named Bishali Col needs to be crossed to reach Mahapanth’s base. Reaching there would take 7 to 8 hours.
Setup your camps there and retire for the night
Mahapanth base to Kedarnath (3380 m) (11 km) (5/6 hours)
From Mahapanth base the trek is towards Kedarnath. Descent to reach this famous Hindu pilgrimage site, “Kedarnath” “Abode of Lord Shiva”. Get there and visit the holy shrine in the evening. The arrangements will be made in a hotel at Kedarnath.
Kedarnath to Gauri Kund (16 km) (4/5 hours)
The distance from Kedarnath to Gaurikund is 16 km, it is a well-defined and well maintained path, descent and reach this pure Kund after crossing Rambara village.
Gauri Kund is a divine hot water spring, devotees take bath in it and consider it pure. Arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
Gauri Kund to Dehradun (8/9 hours)
Vehicles will be arranged for you till Dehradun, drive is along the banks of River Ganga. Start after having breakfast and have lunch en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Withdraw money before the journey at Dehradun.
The signal strength is intermittent in mountains, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)