A Tricky Pass in Garhwal region
Lamkhaga Pass is the trickiest trek in Garhwal region lying at an altitude of 5381 meters. And, it connects Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur to Harsil in Garhwal.
This connecting pass is located near the Indo Tibetan border.
During Lamkhaga Pass trek, pass through some remote areas of Himachal and Garhwal with rich forests of Pine, Deodar and Bhojpatra. Walk along the Jalindragad River till you reach the Kyarkoti meadows and further come across beautiful Baspa valley.
Starting point of Lamkhaga Pass trek is Harsil, a small town which is tourist attraction. The trail is steep from the start but the variety of landscapes are rewarding.
It is not suggested for beginners because of its tough gradient but turns great for experienced trekkers and mountaineers.
“Chitkul” the last village of Baspa Valley
Chitkul is Baspa valley’s last village and there are beautiful wooden houses of villagers and cultivated green fields.
Sangla valley lies further which is one of the best parts of Kinnaur. This trek can be done from both the sides “Harsil” and “Chitkul”, but the Chitkul side is steeper. You will be needing ropes and proper equipment from both the sides.
So, explore the grandeur of Lamkhaga Pass trek
Key Points of Lamkhaga Pass Trek
During the trek, proper conditioning & training of body required
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
Shoes are the single most important equipment.
High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Lamkhaga Pass
Lamkhaga Pass Fee:
Rs 30000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Chitkul)
Duration: 10 Days
Highest Point: (5281 m)
Best Time: May, June, Sep and Oct
Summer Temperature: Day (5°C to 15°C) Night (2°C to 5°C)
Winter Temperature: Day (0°C to -10°C) Night (-10°C to -15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Medium Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Uttarkashi (1150 m) (178 km) (6 hours)
Day 2– Uttarkashi to Gangotri and Harsil (125 km) (6 hours)
Day 3– Harsil to Kyarkoti (3480 m) (14 km) (6 hours)
Day 4– Kyarkoti to Lamkhaga Pass base (4420 m) (12 km) (7 hours)
Day 5– Acclimatization Day
Day 6– Lamkhaga Pass Base to Lamkhaga Pass (5281 m) and Gundar (4415 m) (13 km) (7 hours)
Day 7– Gundar to Dumti (4035 m) (15 km) (6 hours)
Day 8– Dumti to Rani Kanda (3680 m) (9 km) (5 hours)
Day 9– Rani Kanda to Chitkul (3435 m) (9 km) (4 hours)
Day 10– Chitkul to Sangla and Shimla (280 km) (9 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Chitkul
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun/Rishikesh to Uttarkashi (1150 m) (178 km) (6 hours)
The vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun or Rishikesh. Depart to Uttarkashi via Mussoorie and witness Tehri Lake en route.
Reach Uttarkashi in 8 to 9 hours. The arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
- Day 2 Uttarkashi to Gangotri and Harsil (125 km) (6 hours)
Post breakfast leave from Uttarkashi to Gangotri and reach Harsil, the total distance is 125 km which can be covered in 6 hours.
Harsil is a picturesque town and starting point of this trek.After reaching there check in a hotel and retire for the night.
- Day 3 Harsil to Kyarkoti (3480 m) (14 km) (6 hours)
The trek to Kyarkoti is through a dense forest and on the way you can have a glimpses of huge waterfalls and surreal landscapes.
Set your camps at Kyarkoti and retire for the night.
- Day 4 Kyarkoti to Lamkhaga Pass base (4420 m) (12 km) (7 hours)
Today the trek can become difficult, if the amount of snow is more. So, start the trek early.
The climb to Lamkhaga base is steep through a narrow valley and you need proper equipment to traverse it.
Reach the campsite pitch your tents and retire for the night.
- Day 5 Acclimatization Day
You can go for a short hike nearby and rest for the day. Acclimatizing is very important for the body because it prevents altitude motion sickness.
- Day 6 Lamkhaga Pass Base to Lamkhaga Pass (5281 m) and Gundar (4415 m) (13 km) (7 hours)
Today, will be the longest and toughest day of this trek because ascent to the summit is steep.
So make sure you start early. Have breakfast and head further with packed lunch.
Trek through the rough boulder area and be very careful while your uphill trek. After tough hours of trekking reach the Lamkhaga Pass which lies at a height of 5281 meters.
This pass is perched amidst snow-capped mountains and glaciers. Stand at the top and the views of Indian Himalayas will leave you speechless and fill your heart with joy.
After spending some time there, use the ropes for descending and reach your campsite Gundar. Setup the tents there, celebrate the victory and retire for the night.
- Day 7 Gundar to Dumti (4035 m) (15 km) (6 hours)
The trek to Dumti is long so start and have breakfast early, packed lunch will be provided which you can have in mid- point of the trek.
The trail is a mixture of steep ascents and descents. After crossing it, arrive Dumti, setup your tents and have a comfortable stay there.
- Day 8 Dumti to Rani Kanda (3680 m) (9 km) (5 hours)
Today the trail will surprise you with its beauty, it holds many surprises for you. Get mesmerized by the inexplicable beauty of the Himalayas.
Trek though the undulating meadows with colourful wildflowers and have a glance of huge and clear waterfalls. Reach Rani Kanda; your campsite for today, setup the tents and retire for the night.
- Day 9 Rani Kanda to Chitkul (3435 m) (9 km) (4 hours)
From Rani Kanda trek towards Chitkul, the last village of Baspa valley.
It is located near the bank of a river. There are beautiful wooden houses and cultivated green pasturelands which look beautiful together .
After trekking for some hours reach the village, setup the tents and enjoy overnight stay in tents.
- Day 10 Chitkul to Sangla and Shimla (280 km) (9 hours)
Trek towards the Sangla valley which is best part of Kinnaur. Sangla is a small Himalayan village surrounded by gigantic mountains and the Kinnaur Kailash peak stands tall among all.
From here enjoy the drive to Shimla, vehicles will be arranged.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Uttarkashi is the last point where you will find ATM.
BSNL networks will be available at Gangotri there are no other networks ahead, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund